• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Sony SmartAR Technology

Search This thread

zmbutt

Jan 24, 2011
Karachi
The video here tells you what exactly Smart AR can bring on the table. Whenever one happens to use their smartphone's camera to click pictures, this will pull up extra information on the device's screen like anything from virtual objects to images and texts which are otherwise not visible. It makes use of markerless approach where it dispenses with the need of any dedicated requisites for special markers which also includes 2D barcodes. So you'll have all the information displayed over the 3D space in front of you. All that you can see can also be navigated by touching the AR information on the device's screen

Click here to see the video
Source

Last edited:
Reactions: mahgiaz47

kunalgahlot

Nov 1, 2010
brussels
They use a ARC to show this...
BTW did anyone notice Japanese are obsessed with Pink Arc..all Arc videos from Japan have a Pink Arc..I am sure there must be a hello kitty under the battery !!

melody8801

Nov 3, 2010
Reichenbach i.K.
something like that is allways hardware depended.
And i dont't think that a 1ghz cpu and a bit of gpu is powerful enough to calculate a waterfall in realtime, for me not possible. (that can my PC-gpu with a power use of more than 80Watt!!

rtblittlebrown

Feb 21, 2010
It probably will be easy to get on our phones. There are already normal simple AR apps that work and it probably comes down to the devices CPU and camera

Sent from my X10i TripNMiUI-IRIS using XDA App

I guess, it will work just like 2D barcoder ! :cool:
the code would be embedded on the product and by using your cell phone cam, and Sony SmartAR App you'll able to decode it.

Wouldnt that mean something would have to be added into the product design by the product manufacturer so it has something to decode?

If so, that means us down here (Australia) probably wont have a use for it for another 15 years :(

Would be awesome to play with, even if no practical uses

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI using XDA App

zmbutt

Jan 24, 2011
Karachi
Wouldnt that mean something would have to be added into the product design by the product manufacturer so it has something to decode?

If so, that means us down here (Australia) probably wont have a use for it for another 15 years :(

Would be awesome to play with, even if no practical uses

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI using XDA App

Notice the video, in which they create a virtual person and virtual environment, I guess, it has nothing to do with "embedded code" on the product side ...
embedded code was my assumption, not necessary to be correct.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The video here tells you what exactly Smart AR can bring on the table. Whenever one happens to use their smartphone's camera to click pictures, this will pull up extra information on the device's screen like anything from virtual objects to images and texts which are otherwise not visible. It makes use of markerless approach where it dispenses with the need of any dedicated requisites for special markers which also includes 2D barcodes. So you'll have all the information displayed over the 3D space in front of you. All that you can see can also be navigated by touching the AR information on the device's screen

Click here to see the video
    Source