• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Sony Smartwatch 3 won't charge.

Search This thread

tomek1975

Feb 10, 2016
Hi, Last night I was playing with my new charging dock that I 3D printed and all of a sudden my SW3 stopped charging. The LED on the charging brick blinked a couple of times and that's all she wrote. I tried different cables, different charging bricks and nothing seems to work. I had about 20% of battery power left so I just turned of my SW3 to conserve it a bit. Any ideas?

pawces

Jan 21, 2008
Manila
Would love to see what your charging dock looks like! anyway, have you tried charging from a computer's USB port or directly from a wall outlet with a phone charger? Hope it isn't a hardware problem...

tomek1975

Feb 10, 2016
I tried all these options, I think that my charger fried the watch charging circuitry. I bought a second one off craigslist yesterday and charged it in the car on my way home. Once I got home I plugged it into the same charger and now I can't charge the new watch either. I'm going to be forced to file a equipment warranty claim from the charging station manufacturer and hope for the best. By the way here is the charger in question. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009DCNP9O?redirect=true&ref_=cfb_at_prodpg