Sony tablet on ICS =)

Search This thread

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
Great!

I'm looking forward to have here a tutorial on how to upgrade from other countries and without losing root :))

Thanks guys!

vnqshr

Nov 30, 2010
I'm currently changing my region with Condi's tool. Here's hoping that works to download and crack the update...hrm..

edit: It's now telling me the update is to 3.2
Seems odd. Thinking maybe I should wait until Condi or someone can confirm that this will work alright...

condi

Feb 13, 2007
Ostrów Wielkopolski
condiecu.pl
Great!

I'm looking forward to have here a tutorial on how to upgrade from other countries and without losing root :))

Thanks guys!
Yes, definitely I will make one :)
I'm at work right now, will start making ICS for every region
today evening.

I'm currently changing my region with Condi's tool. Here's hoping that works to download and crack the update...hrm..

edit: It's now telling me the update is to 3.2
Seems odd. Thinking maybe I should wait until Condi or someone can confirm that this will work alright...

Its correct behaviour. Thats because of sony.ro.build.incremental lowest valu ('1'). You can update (downgrade) to 3.2, then again update to 3.2.1,
and then to 4.03 :D
Or change value to higher to get ICS update.

OR BETTER - wait for me (or other users) and we will give proper,
easy, step by step instructions.
I want to make ICS rom capable to use for every region :)

br
condi

vnqshr

Nov 30, 2010
Thanks for the quick reply Condi!

If that is normal behaviour, I might just carry on, and move through all of the firmwares, keeping them rooted along the way.

Will let you all know how it goes!

naindu84

Sep 23, 2010
If someone can upload US firmware with is tablet.
EDIT : I wait for your tutorial condi ! You have time today?

Last edited:

sapphire88

Oct 12, 2010
i have a 16gb 3g italian tablet, if i change the region to us, and upgrade, and the change back the region to italian, will i lose the 3g support?

Bojanglez

May 21, 2010
I see they have added direct access to files on the SD card. :)

Can anyone convince me of a good reason to wait for a root version? I can't think of anything I really need it for on this, unless someone finds a way to run Sky Go somehow through a hack.

TheHurf

Jan 30, 2011
I see they have added direct access to files on the SD card. :)

Can anyone convince me of a good reason to wait for a root version? I can't think of anything I really need it for on this, unless someone finds a way to run Sky Go somehow through a hack.
Bojanglez, I'm thinking the same as you - the only reason I rooted 3.2 was for the init.d support to run scripts for SD cards. Now that ICS supports that, is there any reason to root?....

Probably, there's always a good reason for it - CPU Master is as good excuse as any!

Bojanglez

May 21, 2010
Bojanglez, I'm thinking the same as you - the only reason I rooted 3.2 was for the init.d support to run scripts for SD cards. Now that ICS supports that, is there any reason to root?....

Probably, there's always a good reason for it - CPU Master is as good excuse as any!

I can't get the update here in the UK yet anyway, so I will wait and see how it goes here.

If I can get a rooted version as quickly as the official I probably will, but I'm not sure I can resist the temptation just to upgrade if it becomes available before.:confused:

TheHurf

Jan 30, 2011
I can't get the update here in the UK yet anyway, so I will wait and see how it goes here.

If I can get a rooted version as quickly as the official I probably will, but I'm not sure I can resist the temptation just to upgrade if it becomes available before.:confused:
Likewise - the temptation to just go for it is great - BUT - we should be aware of the kernel situation (.10) that stopped some users from rooting. Best not to be too hasty, Condi might well present something to keep root. He usually presents something awesome!

Top Liked Posts