Question Sony Xperia 1 iii Bands

Search This thread

NunoB512

Jun 21, 2017
Does anyone know if cell phones have their bands locked by region for example the new Sony Xperia 1 iii has 3 different regions w all different bands, if I buy a phone with the Asian or European ROM and flash the US ROM on it will the bands change and open with the new flashed ROM, or each model has it's specific bands ... Thanks

NunoB512

Jun 21, 2017
I saw that was just hoping that with a ROM flash you could unlock bands by region, wanted to buy the gray 512gb one... I guess not

cyan pac

Jan 24, 2013
I saw that was just hoping that with a ROM flash you could unlock bands by region, wanted to buy the gray 512gb one... I guess not
It has expandable storage so base storage isn't really a big deal. IMHO. I'm currently using a note 20 ultra with 1tb SD card. Haven't run into any problems.

NunoB512

Jun 21, 2017
It has expandable storage so base storage isn't really a big deal. IMHO. I'm currently using a note 20 ultra with 1tb SD card. Haven't run into any problems.
I feel the same about the expandable storage I would buy it for the color and then flash it, bit I guess I will get the black offered in the US.