• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Sony Xperia 5 Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE???

Search This thread

hatryan

Feb 22, 2009
Esslingen
Hi.
I've been looking for posts related to this theme, but unfortunately I haven't found anything concrete.

If I dial the code *#*#‪4636‬#*#* It turns out that Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE are turned off and cannot be activated.

I mention, that the operator supports these services, because before, on previous phones, it worked perfectly.

Is there another possibility of activation?
I'm particularly interested in Wi-Fi Calling.
I really want to stay on stock, no custom rom.

I'd be totally grateful if you could help me.
Thank you in advance.

jackpotbox

Sep 19, 2011
Hi.
I've been looking for posts related to this theme, but unfortunately I haven't found anything concrete.

If I dial the code *#*#‪4636‬#*#* It turns out that Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE are turned off and cannot be activated.

I mention, that the operator supports these services, because before, on previous phones, it worked perfectly.

Is there another possibility of activation?
I'm particularly interested in Wi-Fi Calling.
I really want to stay on stock, no custom rom.

I'd be totally grateful if you could help me.
Thank you in advance.

I'm also interested in Volte. Have you had a way to enable it? Quite a rude awakening for me that the phone doesn't readily come with the Sync toggle and the Volte option. I used to use all those and more, on the Samsung Note 10. Xperia 5 is a downgrade for me.

kboya

Apr 25, 2010
I'm also interested in Volte. Have you had a way to enable it? Quite a rude awakening for me that the phone doesn't readily come with the Sync toggle and the Volte option. I used to use all those and more, on the Samsung Note 10. Xperia 5 is a downgrade for me.
I have VOLTE (and WiFi calling)... It's a network provision: it's not a phone setting if it's not available from your network.