[Sony] Xperia Open Devices Project

Search This thread

jerpelea

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
Sony Mobile is committed to supporting the open developer community, and one way to show this is by publishing parts of our code as well as selected tools developed by our internal developers.

For some of the Xperia™ devices, we provide Android™ Open Source Project (AOSP) device configurations on GitHub. This means that the software will be open for you as a developer to use and contribute to. This is a way for us to support the open Android community, and it is also a tool for us to facilitate and verify contributions to AOSP.

If you want to build AOSP for your unlocked Xperia device, you find all the resources you need in the sections below.
https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/

Unified 4.4 kernel sources
https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/kernel

Project git
https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/

Bug tracker
https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/issues

jerpelea

Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
Thanks for that. Using your project few days, but can't make fingerprint work, any help for this issues would be great. Thanks.

P.S. read you bug tracker. This issues can be fixed only with vendor v11, yes? When it will be released?

Sent from my Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (AOSP) using XDA Labs

FPC is still buggy but will start to work from v11
The release for v11 is planned for today.

solymir

Dec 24, 2009
Hi @jerpelea,
I compiled successfully everything for the 8.1 version, flashed everything successfully, but I'm stuck in bootloop. Flashed stock with Emma, flashed AOSP images, still nothing. The only thing that works is the AOSP recovery, system either bootloops or gets stuck at android logo. Any help here, please?
Thank you :)

jerpelea

Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
Hi @jerpelea,
I compiled successfully everything for the 8.1 version, flashed everything successfully, but I'm stuck in bootloop. Flashed stock with Emma, flashed AOSP images, still nothing. The only thing that works is the AOSP recovery, system either bootloops or gets stuck at android logo. Any help here, please?
Thank you :)

Have you flashed the oem partition with the vendor binaries?

Regards
J

solymir

Dec 24, 2009
Yep. All 5 images, I respected the Sony tutorial to the letter.
I tried the same with the February security patch, with the same result, but I thought it was due to recovery ( I kept twrp, now I didn't)

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

jerpelea

Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
Yep. All 5 images, I respected the Sony tutorial to the letter.
I tried the same with the February security patch, with the same result, but I thought it was due to recovery ( I kept twrp, now I didn't)

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Hi,
did you flash all those partitions?

boot
recovery (optional)
system
vendor
oem
userdata

Regards
J

solymir

Dec 24, 2009
Well, since then, vendor.img showed up ( I even got a compile error that said certain things had to be deleted from system ). Fixed that, I flahed again and boots exactly ONCE only if I format data from TWRP. If I flash compiled recovery it will never boot.

I suspect this is because of data partition encryption; it boots once after data is formatted, it shows in settings that data is not encrypted. Works perfectly, until first reboot when it bootloops. There are other AOSP versions on this forum, I have the same problem with all of them.
Only AOSP-ish ROM that works for me is Lineage 15.1, courtesy of @modpunk and rooted stock. Yes, both of them seem to be encrypted by default.

jerpelea

Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
Well, since then, vendor.img showed up ( I even got a compile error that said certain things had to be deleted from system ). Fixed that, I flahed again and boots exactly ONCE only if I format data from TWRP. If I flash compiled recovery it will never boot.

I suspect this is because of data partition encryption; it boots once after data is formatted, it shows in settings that data is not encrypted. Works perfectly, until first reboot when it bootloops. There are other AOSP versions on this forum, I have the same problem with all of them.
Only AOSP-ish ROM that works for me is Lineage 15.1, courtesy of @modpunk and rooted stock. Yes, both of them seem to be encrypted by default.

Hi,

since I use the AOSP as my DD and i dont have the userdata issue i would suspect that something went wrong with your customisation

Rregards
J

Luffy Wang

May 25, 2017
I am a regular user. Sometimes I want to try AOSP, but I don't have a powerful computer to build. Why does Sony provide a build tutorial instead of a file that has already been built to download.

Top Liked Posts