Sony Xperia Play 2 - Petition

Search This thread

sewer56lol

I'm a proud owner of the Xperia Play but we have to accept this guys, its already very very very outdated in every sense - screen, processor, ram, graphics, os and design (fortunately I'm waiting for my N4 to arrive :p )... I'd love to see SONY (not Sony Ericsson, thank god) release a newer version of the Play, with some new killer specs, like a 720p or 1080p display, Snapdragon 600 or Tegra 4, 2gigs of ram and a good amount of internal storage! Just hope that SONY will someday understand the potential of a phone like this! :D

Why not Sony Ericsson.

On the other side they're now called Sony Mobile Communications and are now a merged mobile group with Sony Mobile (Sony Ericsson) doing most of the phones and Sony advertising them.

Sony Mobile (Sony Ericsson) were also responsible for starting the developer love we have from Sony.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

skyx26

Apr 4, 2012
Caracas
Guys, let's be REAL. This is NOT going to happen, no matter how many petitions you make.

The reason?, Sony it's not going to endanger the sales of the Vita...

Reactions: Visa Declined

skyx26

Apr 4, 2012
Caracas
Like the sales are going so well right now...

Perhaps...

See it this way: you have a horse and you spend the last 2 years training that horse and then you compete with that horse. The results are not what you where specting so you start again, train a new horse for another 2 years. In the mean time you still compete with your first horse and still win some and lose some races. Then you finnish training your new horse and it's a winner, so you forget about your first horse and dedicate only in your new horse. There is a catch: all the looses your first horse generate had to be paid by the winnings of your new horse, so even when your new horse it's winning, it's actually it's making you loose money.

That's cannibalism. That's what could happend if Sony makes a Xperia PLAY 2.

insane5125

Jun 5, 2013
Dubach
I don't understand how people say the xperia play 2 could never play psp and ps2 titles games, that would be extremely easy. Of course it would be hard on a non sony phone because duh its not sony. But Sony made the psp and ps2 so they have everything they need to make an awsome gaming phone with psp and ps2 titles. They got the ps vita too play ps2 remakes in HD. They could do it again. Ps vita also has cross platform gaming so the xperia play 2 could play ps3 games and possibly ps4 games if they wanted it to. If your worried about memory issues sony could just make a cloud service and stream games over wifi if needed and make it available only to Xperia play 2 owners. And if thats still not good enough for you just do the simplest thing possible make the Xperia play 2 beable to play ps vita game cartridges and sell it as "PS Vita Mobile Edition" BAM!!! then they make money off of both at same time. That would also make support for ps vita go up. One last thing someone said in the beginning of the thread that "They can't make it have physical analog sticks cause then it wouldn't slide shut" DUH just make indentions in the game pad for them to fit in.

Does anyone agree?
Is there anything else someone would like to add?

Give a thanks if i this sounds good to you.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
I don't understand how people say the xperia play 2 could never play psp and ps2 titles games, that would be extremely easy. Of course it would be hard on a non sony phone because duh its not sony. But Sony made the psp and ps2 so they have everything they need to make an awsome gaming phone with psp and ps2 titles. They got the ps vita too play ps2 remakes in HD. They could do it again. Ps vita also has cross platform gaming so the xperia play 2 could play ps3 games and possibly ps4 games if they wanted it to. If your worried about memory issues sony could just make a cloud service and stream games over wifi if needed and make it available only to Xperia play 2 owners. And if thats still not good enough for you just do the simplest thing possible make the Xperia play 2 beable to play ps vita game cartridges and sell it as "PS Vita Mobile Edition" BAM!!! then they make money off of both at same time. That would also make support for ps vita go up. One last thing someone said in the beginning of the thread that "They can't make it have physical analog sticks cause then it wouldn't slide shut" DUH just make indentions in the game pad for them to fit in.

Does anyone agree?
Is there anything else someone would like to add?

Give a thanks if i this sounds good to you.

I agree with the indentions for the analogs to fit. I thought the same thing. And making it a psvita mobile edition also sounds like a worth while idea for Sony to try.

Sent from my Xperia Play (r800x)

Reactions: insane5125

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Xperia Play was a flop in business yo Sony, they didn't make much from it, they were expecting millions and millions to be sold. Usually companies don't waste time on a successor if the original was not popular.

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 2
    Why we're obsessed with new firmware.

Whatis with ppls firmware obsession never understood it

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app

I had a discussion with a friend about this last night.

Why are so many people on XDA obsessed with trying to get the latest firmware? Let's break it down.

In today's cell-phone market, everyone (mass market, at least) is buying smartphones because they're technologically advanced and have the capability to do so much. Most people lose the feeling of luster of having such an amazing tool in their pocket after a few weeks. Their smartphone, despite being engineered to be a pinnacle tool in making things easy becomes stagnant. The speed of the OS becomes normal. The accessibility of information gets taken for granted. The extra abilities and possibilities of what the phone can do are neglected, having the smartphone going from being the ultimate tool to help them become exceedingly efficient at anything to being just a phone, and a distraction at that.
    But with every OS update, there are new features, and new ways of making your device better, and achieving more potential within each device's capability. Most people wouldn't give a damn about it, because their phone is stagnant, and no one sees the potential your device has. XDA, however, is based around people who look at these devices as the tools they're engineered to be. And they want nothing more than to achieve that potential in any way they can, because they paid a lot for these devices, and they'll be darned if they don't get their money's worth of it. That's why so many people on XDA want the newest firmware. We want our devices to consistently top of the line for as long as possible.
    I don't think the vita is a good variable to wage against an xplay2, the vita is not a phone, so its kindve a different market.

For nerds like us, yes, the Vita and a possible Xplay 2 are two very different devices. For the "normal" people (wich is the biggest group), they would be two gaming devices. And a powerful gaming device like a Xplay 2, with all the possibilities of Android, cheap and good-looking games, phone, gps, 3g, multimedia possibilities, etc. would be too much attractive to this public, and the Vita would look old/less cool/etc. and Sony doesn't want this.
    I sriously think there's a place for us in the smartphone family. After all we're the only 1 that hav a gamepad/touchpad on our phone. Everything that've been made by dev out there, either games or app, they make sure to hav us Plays' consider on their compatabilty list. We're no diff than "The ugly hatchling".:) Someday people will realise there's more to us than meets the eye.:) We just hav to be patient n hav faith that we'll get our chance to evolve into "A Swan".:p Someday that i know i've been longing to see. Someday.....;)

Kindly Hit Thanks Button if i've help u in anyway.;)
    The push that Sony needs to make an Xperia Play 2 is money.

Please, stop this kind of threads.