Sony Xperia SX SO-05D availability?

Search This thread

eonix

Nov 4, 2010
Also known as the MT28, I know this phone was announced for only the Japanese market, and just recently in September. I am interested in any rumors for a potential international release. I would love to have this phone. I cannot underscore that enough. It is svelte & slim, has amazing resolution, and decent performance specs.

Has anyone outside Japan gotten a hold of this phone? Were you able to put it on another native language??

Thanks!

Last edited:

ChipJapan

Nov 10, 2010
Kawagoe
I have it!

I live in Japan and got it last week.

It is an awesome phone, perfect for me and English is in the menu, English keyboard too.

I can get them if anyone's interested?

If a developer that might make some custom ROMS etc in the future wants one all the better! 'Cause I dont reckon I can do it.

eonix

Nov 4, 2010
Last edited:

ChipJapan

Nov 10, 2010
Kawagoe
Its between 37000-50000 yen depending where you look.

From Docomo they are 50000, but there are loads of people that "turn over" the handsets to get cash by getting it free on a contract and selling it. They are between 37000-46000.

Sent from my SO-05D using xda app-developers app

Reactions: eonix

td101

Feb 27, 2011
Its between 37000-50000 yen depending where you look.

i live in china and ordered today at my local dealer. price is 3250 RMB (is like 42.000 Yen or 400 euro). i should get it next week. Will then see what version it is since it is advertised as MT28i (and as i understood the "i" stands for international, doesn't it?)

Last edited:

Astral07

Apr 18, 2010
hi guys, i'm also really interested in this phone

I'm from Europe but i have a friend who will go to Japan soon and he could bring it back for me

I'm wondering, will everything work correctly in Europe and where will we have some devs, custom roms etc? Will XDA support this phone?

avalonian

Aug 19, 2012
isn't it a bit pricey for those specs and screen size?
love the tall screen btw, but it reminds me of a very popular device currently on the market :D

chrisp7

Feb 14, 2011
hi guys, i'm also really interested in this phone

I'm from Europe but i have a friend who will go to Japan soon and he could bring it back for me

I'm wondering, will everything work correctly in Europe and where will we have some devs, custom roms etc? Will XDA support this phone?

In terms of bands in the UK at least Im not sure if 4G will work. It says 2100Mhz LTE (the UK is 1800Mhz LTE), however the chipset looks the same as for example the One XL and Xperia GX (Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon).

Astral07

Apr 18, 2010
i'm only interested in 3g, i hope that could work OK, i will check with my carrier

isn't it a bit pricey for those specs and screen size?
love the tall screen btw, but it reminds me of a very popular device currently on the market :D

actually it's a perfect phone because of it's screen size and the specs (pricy yes...a little bit)

right now i have an X10 and it's a bit too big for me, so this one could be just the right size

the only phone i could think of getting instead is the xperia sola but it's camera really disappointed me...

Last edited:

ChipJapan

Nov 10, 2010
Kawagoe
I actually went from an x10 to this and its perfect for me.

Its marked as a Docomo "world wing" phone so it should work anywhere in the world. Only thing is whether lte will work.
You prob won't be able to use the nfc stuff, tv and radio over there tho.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

And I doubt xda will support it but I could translate and link the Japanese stuff if people get it.

Root has been done and there is a slow stream of customisations. No full Roms yet tho.

Reactions: Astral07

Astral07

Apr 18, 2010
yeah, i believe it would be perfect for me also...

can you give me the link to the Japanese site? i want to see how google translate works for it :)

ChipJapan

Nov 10, 2010
Kawagoe
In my experience Google translate sucks with Japanese. Its grammar is too different I think.

I'm out at the moment but if you Google Xperia freaks jp it'll probably pop up.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Xperia-freaks.org

td101

Feb 27, 2011
Its marked as a Docomo "world wing" phone so it should work anywhere in the world. Only thing is whether lte will work.
You prob won't be able to use the nfc stuff, tv and radio over there tho.

does your phone boot up like this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsUYR73r4xM

i got mine in china and it boots up like my Ray. first "SONY" then just "XPERIA". i don't have all the Docomo-Branding. My UI also just looks like my Ray and totally different from the one in the video. Build is 7.0.D.1.117. But it has the "NTTdocomo" on top of the front side.

english manual is here:
http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/support/trouble/manual/download/so05d/index.html

Japanese forum:
http://xperia-freaks.org/bbs/forum/xperiasx-development

Last edited:
Reactions: Redroth

ChipJapan

Nov 10, 2010
Kawagoe
Yes it boots up like that. Maybe the company debranded it or got hold of an early international model?

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

I wonder if it has anything to do with unlocking the network? Although mine was advertised as SIM free.

td101

Feb 27, 2011
what is the production date of your sx?

mine is june 2012. but it says "prototype" on the label.

i also got it without a box, but the shop owner told me that he had it gotten from Japan for me. very strange.

Attachments

• Foto.JPG
    Foto.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 296

ChipJapan

Nov 10, 2010
Kawagoe
Wow. You've got yourself a prototype model for better or worse! Probably means the bootloader is unlocked and less docomo bloatware tho. Wonder how it will accept updates?

Yours was made in June, mine in august.

Top Liked Posts