Sony Xperia XZ Premium WiFi issue

Search This thread

Root19991105

May 12, 2016
Is anyone here also experiencing the same problem with me?

I found that from time to time, my XZ Premium losses WiFi connection and can't find any hotspot until I turn on then turn off airplane mode, or just restart.

Here are the screenshots form my S7 edge (SM-G935F) and XZ Premium, they were next to each other and very close to the router.

Please help me, thank you.

Root19991105

May 12, 2016
Screenshot from XZ Premium.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171014-000415.png
    Screenshot_20171014-000415.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 872

Lawliet918

Oct 7, 2012
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
are you using 5G? if you are, you need to update the wifi channel and band through your router settings. that's what i did with mine and now i don't have that intermittent wifi connection anymore.

redback_rsa

Nov 9, 2012
Cape Town
Anyone found a solution for this?

Wifi was spotty before the Android 8 update but now it's almost unusable. Every now and again it will just stop showing wifi connections, toggling wifi on and off might show a connection or 2 but it will either disappear or just say "Disabled" when trying to connect to it. Reboot solves it for a little while.

Usually use 2.4Ghz wifi with a variety of router brands.

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator

Wifi was spotty before the Android 8 update but now it's almost unusable. Every now and again it will just stop showing wifi connections, toggling wifi on and off might show a connection or 2 but it will either disappear or just say "Disabled" when trying to connect to it. Reboot solves it for a little while.

Happens here on Android 8 as well, quite annoying to be honest. Sometimes drops the connection for no reason, and then when I click on WiFi settings, it doesn't show any connections till I turn WiFi on and off and even then it'll only show 1 SSID, turning it off for a while longer and then turning it back on brings back the rest of them and then it'll connect, but it's stupid how I have to keep doing this every few hours.

moro30

Aug 30, 2008
i have xperia xz premium with Oreo 8.0 I encounter the same problems when I'm connected to my wifi, suddenly the data connection is blocked, and when this happens I have to turn off and on the wifi symbol to restore the connection. I do not understand why this happens. My phone is updated to the 47.1.A.5.51 system with November google patches. My modem is Billion Bipac 7800N

redback_rsa

Nov 9, 2012
Cape Town
So it seems to be a common issue, anyone know if Sony is aware of it?

Where can we complain? It's their damn top of the range phone and it's most basic function isn't working right.

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
Reactions: redback_rsa

yyiimm

Jun 25, 2015
Try disabling IPv6 on your router.
This is still OS/firmware issue but this temporally fix the issue

Gatsuplayer

Aug 25, 2018

I found the solution:
My network works with two devices:
1 ZTE Router (2.4GHz)
1 D-LINK Repeater (2.4GHz)
In the router my XZ Premium works nicely, in the repeater happen exactly what you said, Connect apperars "no internet" after 1 second and wifi on Smartphone is automatically disabled or wifi stay enabled, but says "disabled" on network.
So.. I checked the wlan settings of the two devices in my network exhaustively item by item and I changed the devices settings about 20 times, I and I found that none of the settings matters (wpa or wep, 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz, Bandwidth 20Mhz or 40Mhz, type of network b / g / n, nor channel 1 to 13) just ignore this.

What REALLY MATTERS is a option in the advanced wlan settings, called "Fragment Threshold" this value was at 500, I changed it to the maximum (2346) and my XZ Premium started the connection instantly. Explaining: increasing this value defined that the packet can be up to 2346 bytes before being fragmented, so we deactivate packet fragmentation, reducing overhead and ensuring the best transmission rate possible, so this option determines the size of the frame.

Put simply: Go to advanced Wlan settings, locate "Fragment Threshold" and change to the highest possible value. That worked for me =)

bill.i.am.x

Dec 5, 2018
worked for me

1- turn off wifi in being wifi settings ie where you view your wifi networks

2- select "scanning settings". it will show once you have turned your wifi off

3- turn off wifi and bluetooth scanning

4- go back turn wifi back on and enjoy

Top Liked Posts