• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

sony xperia z3v update failed screen loop

Search This thread

thefawzy

Dec 9, 2013
my sister tried to root this phone with completely no recollection of how she got here.
the phone displays "the software update failed. make sure your phone is connected to a computer and try again" right after the "sony expria " screen.
i tried the yellow reset uptton but no vibrations came with that.
once connected it says "upgrading, do not disconnect device from pc" and the software status is official.
not sure how if the computer doesnt even recognize the phone.

every little bit of help is appreciated.

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
my sister tried to root this phone with completely no recollection of how she got here.
the phone displays "the software update failed. make sure your phone is connected to a computer and try again" right after the "sony expria " screen.
once connected it says "upgrading, do not disconnect device from pc" and the software status is official.

Download Sony pc companion on your pc, plug the phone in and select repair my phone.

Reactions: thefawzy

thefawzy

Dec 9, 2013
i tried using that before and geeting to repair my phone. only problem was that the sony z3v was not on the list for some reason. there are all the z3 devices made excepy the z3v. which one can i pick?

thefawzy

Dec 9, 2013
download original ftf file and flash it using flash tool

Would you be able to tell me or direct me to steps in doing so? Sorry I'm a little new to this. I called Verizon and was on the phone for 2 hours. Said they can't help since I'm a previous customer unless I come back to them. I called Sony and they just told me that those Verizon phones are not their problem. I would really appreciate all the help I can get

zachariahpope

May 5, 2012
Would you be able to tell me or direct me to steps in doing so? Sorry I'm a little new to this. I called Verizon and was on the phone for 2 hours. Said they can't help since I'm a previous customer unless I come back to them. I called Sony and they just told me that those Verizon phones are not their problem. I would really appreciate all the help I can get

http://xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware/71-sony-xperia-z3v-d6708

This should help you step by step. Make sure you have proper drivers installed... you can find them in the flashtool folder. If your phone is saying software update failed plugging it in the USB of a computer should automatically put it in download mode. If it doesn't press and hold volume down when you plug it in.

shashikiran

Aug 6, 2013
Kothagudem
I've a video for you.

https://youtu.be/_Ptr7LCZhp0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download Sony pc companion on your pc, plug the phone in and select repair my phone.
    download original ftf file and flash it using flash tool

http://xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware/71-sony-xperia-z3v-d6708

This should help you step by step. Make sure you have proper drivers installed... you can find them in the flashtool folder. If your phone is saying software update failed plugging it in the USB of a computer should automatically put it in download mode. If it doesn't press and hold volume down when you plug it in.
    I've a video for you.

https://youtu.be/_Ptr7LCZhp0