Sony Xperia Z4, Z4 Tablet, Z4 Compact, Z4 Ultra: Exclusive Leak

Search This thread

kandelai

Apr 26, 2008
I agree with a different back, like the material on the Z3CT. I finally got a case for my Z3C after many almost fatal falls, none severe. The phone is so slippery. Whenever I turn on the surround sound on the TV, the base vibrates the phone off of anything I put it on. You can literally see it move across a table.....and it is not even that loud. Glass. :p

E66666666

May 23, 2013
Jelly about that Snapdragon 810 and water resistant USB port. Hope they'll finally manage to find good glass for BOTH sides of the devices though, even the Z3 Compact scratches so easily.

alpha-niner64

Mar 7, 2011
Disappointed in the idea of a 1080 screen, but if Sony can succeed where the Droid Turbo failed (low max brightness) and still maintain leading battery life then I can't be too rustled.

King p1n

Jul 26, 2013
Key info
Same sensor as current Z Line but with new image processing handled by Sonys Imaging Divison (I hope the current Z Line recieves this new image processing with Lollipop)

MWC Anouncement., late March release

Will 810 not 805 like PhoneArena reported

S-Master HX digital amplifier that is seen on Sony’s Walkman audio players. This would be the first time that Sony would use a high-end dedicated audio chip on its Xperia smartphone range

http://www.androidorigin.com/sony-xperia-z4-leak-update-3gb-ram-s-master-hx-amp-imx220-sensor/

robertkoa

May 27, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
I would LOVE to have some little speakers on there even

even. beyond HTC One M 8 in volume and fullness !

And GG 4 on the Front and shatterproof textured glass back or Bake on Ceramic Metal , like a Stovetop, maybe
on back.

These flexible glass screens they are playing with now should make an excellent, shatterproof back.

I am buying Z3C or Alpha soon I think , but will upgrade
if they do much of this on Z4 C.

I heard the 16 megapixel Camera on Note 4 is Sony- hopefully Sony will go 2 steps above that Sensor ( Note 4 is excellent Camera) AND hire 1 software engineer from Samsung and 1 from Nokia to figure out the Math, lol.

Last edited:
G

Gaúcho comedor

a 1080p resolution on a 4.6 display is a total waste. After ~320ppi anything else will just consume more power with no visual benefit.

I've had a Note 3, an S4, and a Z1 Compact. I definitely don't have amazing sight and can clearly tell the display on the Z1C is less sharp than the Note 3's 380 PPI and the S4's 440 PPI. That was my only problem with it. Now the resolution is even lower on the Z3C. The only thing preventing me from getting the Compact over the full size Z3 is the resolution. I'm itching hard to get the Z3C, but I know I won't be satisfied with the screen. If it had a 1080p screen, or at least a PPI over 360, I would buy it immediately.

mattdm

Dec 31, 2011
These flexible glass screens they are playing with now should make an excellent, shatterproof back.

You realize that "flexible glass" just means "glass" right? The glass over the flexible display on the G Flex, for instance, is just normal tempered display glass, but thin enough to be flexible. Using glass that thin on a flat back wouldn't provide more shatter resistance; it would provide less.

Katsigaros

Nov 1, 2014
I really hope there is no compact with the next release but If the z4c is real, I'll be broke again.. Damn you Sony!

Sent from my D5803 using xda-developers.com, powered by appyet.com

There won't be Z4 Compact!

There will be only Z4 and Z4 Ultra! (It would be disaster for Sony to release all 3 devices at the same time)

And also Z3 Compact has not any serious competitor under the 5" screen right now while the Z4 has to compete with Galaxy S6 and the Z4 Ultra with Note 5.

The next compact flagship maybe will come out after the release of the successor of the Galaxy Alpha.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Alle...-January-5th-alongside-a-5.9-Z4-Ultra_id63165

Last edited:

King p1n

Jul 26, 2013
There won't be Z4 Compact!

There will be only Z4 and Z4 Ultra! (It would be disaster for Sony to release all 3 devices at the same time)

And also Z3 Compact has not any serious competitor under the 5" screen right now while the Z4 has to compete with Galaxy S6 and the Z4 Ultra with Note 5.

The next compact flagship maybe will come out after the release of the successor of the Galaxy Alpha.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Alle...-January-5th-alongside-a-5.9-Z4-Ultra_id63165

Several runours said there will be.
And that Phonearena link doesnt deny it...it just doesnt mention it.

PhoneArenas articles lost a lot of credibility imo for the fact they've posted the alleged Z4 Panel then posted "pictures of the Z4" at the bottom of the article...which is actually the Z3. Suggesting their source isnt reliable, since I assume they were given the pictures by.

Last edited:

saturn_de

Jan 29, 2010
I also have great eyesight and can easily spot the inferior display. But has anyone compared the Z3C to the One m7? I couldn't believe my own eyes when I compared the same HD YouTube video on each display only to see that the Z3C blew the m7 away! ?

Rofl... Did the exact same thing an hour ago and the Z3C totally looks better!!! I can see pixels on the M7 but not on my Z3C so easy.

King p1n

Jul 26, 2013
More rumours mostly about Z4C & Z4 Ultra.
Z4C - 4.7" 1080p,Snapdragon 810, 3GB Ram, 5MP Front Camera, Bluetooth 4.1, LTE Cat9,NFC, Wireless Charging, & potential 3000Mah battery (zomg)
Z4Ultra - Design based on Z3, QHD 6.44", 810, 3GB Ram 3500-4000mAh battery, Potentially stylus imput inclusion

However Z4C & Ultra wont launch until Q2 AFTER the Z4 & Z4 Tablet due to 810 shortages.

Xperia Z4 Compact

Let’s start with the Xperia Z4 Compact. The successor to the Xperia Z3 Compact is going to be every bit as impressive as its predecessor and retain its main USP of flagship grade hardware in a smaller package. The Xperia Z4 Compact will be powered by the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chipset as the rest of the Xperia Z4 family, and it’ll come with 3GB RAM. The rest of the specs will also be very similar to the Z4: 32GB internal memory, 20.7MP rear camera, S-Master HX digital amplifier, improved stereo speakers, 5MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording, IP68 dust and water resistance, LTE Cat.9, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, and wireless charging support. As mentioned in our previous leaks, the display on the Z4 Compact will be 4.7” and come with 1080p resolution. Battery size isn’t known yet but is expected to be around 3,000mAh.
Xperia Z4 Ultra

Sony Xperia Z4 Compact and Z4 Ultra Full Specs Leak [Exclusive] Sony Xperia Z4 Ultra and Sony Xperia Z4 Compact specs and release date 300x168Sony is also going to concentrate on the phablet market next year, with the Xperia Z4 Ultra. As we told you in our previous leaks, the Z4 Ultra will sport a 6.44” display like its predecessor, but with Quad-HD resolution. The design is expected to be very similar to the Xperia Z3, so you can probably expect it to look like an oversized Xperia Z3. It will also have the Snapdragon 810 chipset and come with 3GB RAM. The camera on the back will be a 16MP unit, with a smaller sensor than the one on Xperia Z4. The battery capacity is said to be between 3,500 and 4,000mAh. The most interesting piece of info about the Z4 Ultra from our source is with regard to inclusion of stylus input. The original Xperia Z Ultra only came with pencil input support, but no stylus was included. The Z4 Ultra will reportedly include stylus support, just like the Galaxy Note series. Other specs are said to be similar to the Z4 and Z4 Compact.

Unfortunately, these two devices have reportedly been delayed and are not expected to show up around the same time as the Xperia Z4 and Xperia Z4 Tablet anymore. This is apparently due to shortage of the Snapdragon 810 chipset. It isn’t clear when these devices will be launched, but our source seems to think that it could happen in Q2 of next year.

Read more: http://www.androidorigin.com/sony-xperia-z4-compact-z4-ultra-specs-exclusive/#ixzz3Lhv5B8r3

Last edited:

UniQuE_12

Jun 2, 2012
I had decided to buy z3c but I saw the leaked information. I dont wanna wait too much and if z4c come without sd 810 I wont buy. What do u think ? Will z4c come with sd 810 ? Im not sure even z4c will come. What do u suggest for me ? Wait or buy z3c ?

Katsigaros

Nov 1, 2014
I had decided to buy z3c but I saw the leaked information. I dont wanna wait too much and if z4c come without sd 810 I wont buy. What do u think ? Will z4c come with sd 810 ? Im not sure even z4c will come. What do u suggest for me ? Wait or buy z3c ?

Can you wait till next September?
I don't see it to be released anytime soon than that.

mhaha

Feb 13, 2014
More rumours mostly about Z4C & Z4 Ultra.
Z4C - 4.7" 1080p,Snapdragon 810, 3GB Ram, 5MP Front Camera, Bluetooth 4.1, LTE Cat9,NFC, Wireless Charging, & potential 3000Mah battery (zomg)
Z4Ultra - Design based on Z3, QHD 6.44", 810, 3GB Ram 3500-4000mAh battery, Potentially stylus imput inclusion

However Z4C & Ultra wont launch until Q2 AFTER the Z4 & Z4 Tablet due to 810 shortages.
Damn it, this is killing me... I literally just made up my mind to sell my Z1C and get the Z3C due to various little quirks that were addressed, like:
- location of speaker (palm always naturally blocks it when holding in landscape mode)
- rounded and non-metal edges (gets hot after extensive game play, round frames easier to grip)
- placement of LED (less likely to be obscured by hand, less interference with lens)
- improved flaps
- hated the indentation of the speaker grills at bottom edge
- bigger screen in same footprint
- better battery life

But wireless charging! Dedicated audio chip! Exposed waterproof USB port! No more magnetic slot! Drool... indeed the next logical upgrade to the Z3C.
I'm now glad the store did not have Z3C in stock two days ago. I'm also glad I haven't sold my Z1C yet. Guess I'll have to hang on to it for a few more months... argh!!!

Hopefully the Z4C will be announced next month at CES, then I can decide whether to get the Z3C (likely a price drop) or wait for Z4C. Both a win

Reactions: Ethenyl

LadFromWales85

Feb 3, 2005
Wales, UK Earth, The Universe
The Z3c come out late September, it has only been 2.5 months since then...get a Z3c now as there is longer until the new model comes out than the time the current one has been out!
That and the Z3c are available for silly cheap prices, under £350 SIM free or as low as £14 a month on a 2 year contract with nothing up front (mobiles.co.uk)

I couldn't imagine Sony pushing out a replacement to the Z3c as early as March when there is nothing to compete against it on the market besides the Samsung Alpha. We'll likely see a Z3c replacement next September.

(opinion, not fact)

Ethenyl

Dec 15, 2014
Dang...

Hi there,

Just when I'm about to be the proud owner of the Z3c (thanks to Santa... and my wife) the Z4c is announced :eek:

Oh well, it's not yet fully official, and even if it becomes the Z3c killer, I'll sell the old one to get the new one.

The 1080p screen seems like a waste, it will suck up the battery in no time... :(

Katsigaros

Nov 1, 2014
I will wait for Z5 Compact. It may have 64 bit processor and 4 gb ram and more advanced camera sensor, better battery and bigger screen. I don't see any big upgrade in Z4c and for me 3gb of RAM in a 64 bit processor is useless not to mention that 1080p screen will kill the battery capacity and ruin the use of RAM.

pepeo123

Aug 30, 2013
seriously i dont get why you guys are so worried about the 1080p draining so much battery. yes indeed it will consume more power, but with new chipset (s810 if true), it is made in 20nm wich already helps a lot with power consumption, it does have a new architecture, LPDDR4 (low power memory), and the battery will be bigger. i am 100% sure it will have longer battery life than z3c (if these rumored specs turns to be true ofc).Also there is a new version of android, new screen tech by sony, new qualcomm power controller, etc. sure a 720p display in there would be even more battery friendly, but this configuration will outclass the z3c in battery life time already. An option for those who didnt like it, with root its possible to manually set the resolution, just like in your PC, so you can choose whatever resolution you want.

Reactions: AK4TAY7BEN

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So the Z4 Compact phone is going to remain 4.6" display, but being bumped to 1920 x 1080 HD. That is awesome. The 10" tablet specs sound amazing, unfortunately, I prefer the 8" tablet size.

a 1080p resolution on a 4.6 display is a total waste. After ~320ppi anything else will just consume more power with no visual benefit.
    So the Z4 Compact phone is going to remain 4.6" display, but being bumped to 1920 x 1080 HD. That is awesome. The 10" tablet specs sound amazing, unfortunately, I prefer the 8" tablet size.

Let's check the progression:

Xperia ZR (the Xperia Z Compact): released June, 2013
    Xperia Z1 Compact: released January, 2014 (7 months later)
    Xperia Z3 Compact: released September, 2014 (8 months later)

We may expect the Z4 Compact 7-8 months after the Z3 Compact, so around April-May 2015.

I totally agree. I think the current 720p screen is beautiful, and if it means subtracting from the awesome battery life (unless battery specs change in Z4C), then it is a total waste. I think they are doing it for the higher pixel density crowd. It is the only negative potential buyers see on the phone because of the new push for higher resolution. I was even turned off initially thinking it was just another watered down compact phone, until I read the reviews in detail of how awesome the display is and all the other specs.
    Im not sure why so many rejoice about qi charging.
    I used a few phones with it and i think it sucks. I always end up using the usb port.

It's the only reason I do not have a z3c now. I tried to live with the dock on it, but it wasn't even remotely the same...so, back it went. If the z4c has qi charging I'll buy it...if it doesn't, I won't.

Just because YOU don't need/want/like/see the usefulness of qi charging doesn't mean it sucks...many of us use it almost exclusively with our phones.