• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

sony XZ2 compact bootloop

Search This thread

PURJUJU

Dec 14, 2013
Hello !
One day, after a nice sleep, I switch on my phone and it boot loops! The day before, I didn't do anything special.
It's the last firmware (so under Android 10), it's a stock rom, developper mode not active.
Before flashing, I would like to take my pictures if possible my sms.
With a nice person, I tried to flash (except userdata) with Newflasher https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-newflasher-xperia-command-line-flasher.3619426/ but my phone is still boot looping.
You can watch a video of this wonderful boot loop in attachment
Any suggestion is very welcome

Solution
As mentionned tuesday, my phone could boot when I plugged it to charge. So I did full backup and used Sony Companion to "repair" (reflash) software.
All ran nicely. I put my datas back in my smartphone, download, reconfigure my apps and so on...
After a couple of day (so, yesterday) : bootloop again !!!
So here is my solution, easy and simple: I let it bootloop... and after 10 to 15 minutes, the phone started!
D

Deleted member 1890170

With regards to retrieve data from your Sony take note that when being in a boot-loop device's filesystem can't get accessed from outside, also not by USB-OTG even if device supports USB-OTG.

Reactions: PURJUJU

PURJUJU

Dec 14, 2013
With regards to retrieve data from your Sony take note that when being in a boot-loop device's filesystem can't get accessed from outside, also not by USB-OTG even if device supports USB-OTG.
thank you. So, is there any way I can make it boot? I tried fastboot set_active b but, fastboot doesn't recognise the command. I'm under windows 10 64

D

Deleted member 1890170

1. To run Fastboot commands your phone's bootloader must got unlocked, and phone must get successfully booted into Fastboot mode before.
2. Slot B on a A/B layouted Android is reserved to temporarily hold OTAs: it doesn't contain a runable Android OS.

PURJUJU

Dec 14, 2013
1. To run Fastboot commands your phone's bootloader must got unlocked, and phone must get booted into Fastboot mode before.
2. Slot B on a A/B layouted Android is reserved to temporarily hold OTAs: it doesn't contain a runable Android OS.
1. I read somewhere that if I unlock bootloader, userdata is wiped, is it correct?

2. Ok, so is there a solution to make my phone booting without deleting my pictures? ;)

Hello !
One day, after a nice sleep, I switch on my phone and it boot loops! The day before, I didn't do anything special.
It's the last firmware (so under Android 10), it's a stock rom, developper mode not active.
With a nice person, I tried to flash (except userdata) with Newflasher https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-newflasher-xperia-command-line-flasher.3619426/ but my phone is still boot looping.
View attachment 5476663

Just leave it to loop for 20/30 times... It will turn on eventually.
Then enable developer options and disable automatic updates on boot/startup in developer options.
This is caused by Google Play Security trying to update itself.

PURJUJU

Dec 14, 2013
yes, this is what I was about to do. Thank you for the advice.
Then enable developer options and disable automatic updates on boot/startup in developer options.
I'm tired by Google and it's unsolicited/corrupted updates... Does Google pays in case of bricked phone, data loss because of their updates?

An /e/OS version for XZ2C should be available by the end of this year. I can't wait to switch to this rom...

amivoytec

May 23, 2008
Strange thing, same thing happened to me today. Don't know it's coincidence about I have faced the same problem the same date?

OK, so I have got bootloop, so I was trying VOL UP + Power to turn off. Turned it off. Then tried VOL DOWN + Power = bootloop. Tried to plugin the original wall charger, then power ON = bootloop. Tried eject sim cards = bootloop. Tried to connect via data transfer usb cable to computer = bootloop. Unplugged cable and ejected sim cards = bootloop, but I went away for few minutes and when I back the phone it started to OS successfully. Instered SIM cards, phone did autoreboot and it works now. I am not sure these actions made the phone back, but I hope it will help someone, who came XDA with that problem.

EDIT: Just read it's due Google Play Security auto update as @cronozrev mentioned. Thank you.

PURJUJU

Dec 14, 2013
As mentionned tuesday, my phone could boot when I plugged it to charge. So I did full backup and used Sony Companion to "repair" (reflash) software.
All ran nicely. I put my datas back in my smartphone, download, reconfigure my apps and so on...
After a couple of day (so, yesterday) : bootloop again !!!
So here is my solution, easy and simple: I let it bootloop... and after 10 to 15 minutes, the phone started!

Solution

PURJUJU

Dec 14, 2013
Lol. But that does not solve the bootloop right?
Every time Google Play System tries to update in security, phone bootloops....
Well, at least, it takes you out of the sh**t...

About google forced defective updates managements, shall we create a group of people and sue this company which ruins time and energy to all the people facing this problem?

Second option: switch to another ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    1. To run Fastboot commands your phone's bootloader must got unlocked, and phone must get successfully booted into Fastboot mode before.
    Hello !
    View attachment 5476663