Sony Z3v problems

Search This thread

GigaSPX

Dec 2, 2012
Just random force reboots. I'm sure it's all because of the bloatware and hopefully Lollipop will fix it. :)

pchain

Oct 30, 2014
Not a single issue, forced reboot, glitch, or lag since day one for me.

flacco40

Oct 9, 2012
Few problems

Stamina mode causing texts to send late or freeze, SMS and MMS.
On stock messaging notification mark as read button doesn't respond, must be tapped twice.
With Hangouts dialer installed and u choose to call from Maps or other apps the default choice doesn't stick, it asks which dialer every time over and over, had to uninstall hangouts dialer very annoying that your choice isn't saved.
Battery takes forever to charge, from 0-100 it took 3 1/2 to 4 hours. That's horrible.
1 freeze where the screen stayed black and could not reboot, had to remove Sim card to fix.
Slow on data at times, not as good signal as Samsung or Motorola.
On YouTube no option for 1080p, 720p is highest, Z2 had 1080 option. If you disagree and before you comment try these out yourself and tell me if you're having the same problems.

Reactions: rrtid54

JediDru

Nov 10, 2010
Chicago
I'm a little disappointed in the charging rate as well. I had read a handful of spec sheets that listed this as having something similar to quick charge. Having had the droid turbo and Note 4 I loved this setup. I know I didn't have the same feature verbatim but it did have some kind of fast charge feature mentioned. I thought it might be due to not having the correct cord similar issue with the one M8 but, a msg pops up at 90% on my wifes note 4 charger telling me its incompatible with that charger.

flacco40

Oct 9, 2012
When in navigation GPS Icon clogs notification area...Why Verizon why? All other variants put it next to 4g signal and not as a notification. Verizon sure knows how to mess up a good phone, there's no compatibility to Sony PC companion either...Verizon's doing...

jhwookie

Oct 24, 2007
Having an issue with a boot loop since Verizon update

I got the update from Verizon, it threw my phone into a boot loop. I let it run for like a half hour with no luck. During my entire ordeal, it would usually only make it to the Sony wave screen. It would make it to the Verizon screen on occasion, but would always loop back to the beginning. I would get two vibrations followed by a red notification light. I figured out the button combination for recovery mode. I tried to boot into Safe Mode. It once again went into a boot loop. I put it back into recovery mode and did a factory reset. It did the reset and went directly into a boot loop again. I ended up doing three factory resets in a row to see if it was an issue with the factory reset process. After three resets and a half hour boot loop, it did fully boot up. I went through the entire setup process, emails, wifi, bt, widgets, apps. During that process, it did a force reboot and went back into a boot loop. I went through the entire process listed above again. Safe Mode and three Factory Resets. I have once again gone through the setup process once again with no force reboot...yet. This could happen at any point any this is getting pretty aggravating. Any suggestions?

passizle

Jan 20, 2015
Bad unit

I think I had bad hardware on mine. I was experienceing randon screen freezes, that forced reboot. Got it replaced and new one is flawless so far.

GigaSPX

Dec 2, 2012
Urgent: Stuck

Looks like I'm currently experiencing a problem. I was playing Asphalt 8, and as I was exiting the game, the phone froze. I hold the power button, and it just rings my text message ringtone. I hold the camera shutter, it plays the camera sound, but same screen. I call it, it will play my ringtone but I can't answer it.

With a day's worth of battery life, I can't just wait for it to die. What do I do??

EDIT: So what I had to do with a last resort is access my phone with Google Android Device Manager and erase my phone and factory reset. I hope to never experience this again. If only this was a Samsung, removing the battery and putting it back is the easiest hard reset to do. :\

Last edited:
Reactions: rrtid54

thegrants82

Mar 23, 2014
Looks like I'm currently experiencing a problem. I was playing Asphalt 8, and as I was exiting the game, the phone froze. I hold the power button, and it just rings my text message ringtone. I hold the camera shutter, it plays the camera sound, but same screen. I call it, it will play my ringtone but I can't answer it.

With a day's worth of battery life, I can't just wait for it to die. What do I do??

EDIT: So what I had to do with a last resort is access my phone with Google Android Device Manager and erase my phone and factory reset. I hope to never experience this again. If only this was a Samsung, removing the battery and putting it back is the easiest hard reset to do. :\

If you would have hit the reset button you probably wouldn't be complaining right now. Learn you device before comparing it to Samsung crap.

Reactions: pumah350

GigaSPX

Dec 2, 2012

Bruce Lee

Jan 20, 2011
Ohio
plus.google.com
I'm a little disappointed in the charging rate as well. I had read a handful of spec sheets that listed this as having something similar to quick charge. Having had the droid turbo and Note 4 I loved this setup. I know I didn't have the same feature verbatim but it did have some kind of fast charge feature mentioned. I thought it might be due to not having the correct cord similar issue with the one M8 but, a msg pops up at 90% on my wifes note 4 charger telling me its incompatible with that charger.

Yeah that's my only gripe with this phone. I have no issues. I came from a nexus 5 on ATT. Didn't get ATT in my new house. Glad I made the jump. I charge this phone with my old nexus wireless charger and the thing takes forever to charge.

jhwookie

Oct 24, 2007
You're complaining about a limitation of qi charging,not this phone. Compare the output limits of a qi charger and the power block to your phone. If you want the phone to charge faster, it will always be faster with a wire than wireless.

Bruce Lee

Jan 20, 2011
Ohio
plus.google.com
You're complaining about a limitation of qi charging,not this phone. Compare the output limits of a qi charger and the power block to your phone. If you want the phone to charge faster, it will always be faster with a wire than wireless.

Trust me I knew that already. My nexus 5 did the same thing. I just like the wireless charger in my room. Just easier to grab when you grab the phone in mid sleep. Lol

jhwookie

Oct 24, 2007
I do agree with the convenience of qi charging. I just didn't want someone to think that qi would do rapid charging of some sort.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can get into recovery but it still boot loops even if I select safe mode. Verizon is overnighting a new phone. Thanks for the suggestions.

Did you try and ask if the new one will include VoLTE? Lol
    Few problems

Stamina mode causing texts to send late or freeze, SMS and MMS.
    On stock messaging notification mark as read button doesn't respond, must be tapped twice.
    With Hangouts dialer installed and u choose to call from Maps or other apps the default choice doesn't stick, it asks which dialer every time over and over, had to uninstall hangouts dialer very annoying that your choice isn't saved.
    Battery takes forever to charge, from 0-100 it took 3 1/2 to 4 hours. That's horrible.
    1 freeze where the screen stayed black and could not reboot, had to remove Sim card to fix.
    Slow on data at times, not as good signal as Samsung or Motorola.
    On YouTube no option for 1080p, 720p is highest, Z2 had 1080 option. If you disagree and before you comment try these out yourself and tell me if you're having the same problems.
    If it freezes again just push the small button in the SIM card area, just bellow the SIM card, will reboot.
    Urgent: Stuck

hello guys, z3v so far so good, but when use the phone with T-mobile sim card. I cannot use the 4g-LTE. Does anyone know what is the problem?

z3v (D6708):

2G: quad band gsm, dual band cdma

3G: HSDPA 850, 900, 1900, 2100

4G: LTE Band 4 (1700/2100), band 13 (700)

Tmobile xperia z3 (D6616):

2G: quad band gsm

3G: 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100

4G: LTE Band 2 (1900), 4 (1700/2100), 12 (700)

There are the differences in a Z3v and a Z3, seems only one band of the LTE is supported if you are not in an area with that band it will probably not work. Here is the link to the discussion https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/93286?start=0&tstart=0