Sorry to ask thid here...

Search This thread

matthew33

Nov 24, 2010
WALES, UK
.....but it seems they are soooooo ignorant.arrogant over on the V50 forum.

Weeks ago i posted a simple question asking in the V50 can can be rooted (UK) Hundreds have viewed buy zero answeres.

Seen as thoguh I only recently gave my mother the V30.....can u pretty please let me help me out and any ideas if v60 can be rooted?

thanks
Matt

schwinn8

Aug 12, 2010
Somewhere in Connecticut
You may want to be more clear on what you're asking for... you mention 3 phones in your post, so I'm not sure which one you're askign about, really. I assume it's not the V30. That said, the V60 shows very little ROM development, which makes me think it's not rooted. Lack of ROMs generally means there is no root.

The V50 has a few ROMs, so that implies it probably does have root capability...

That said, I realize the principles that people have regarding rooting... I was once in that camp myself. But these days, I find it's hard to get it... and it really may not be necessary. I gave up root on my current S10 for this reason, even though it can be rooted in specific situations. For this reason, I question the real "necessity" of it.

schwinn8

Aug 12, 2010
Somewhere in Connecticut
As I've learned on my new S10, TiBu hasn't been updated in many years and doesn't quite work as well as it used to either. People have had to find alternative apps to do those tasks. In Samsung-land, Samsung Switch works pretty well for this purpose, and doesn't require root. There are others.

Similarly, you don't need root to remove system apps on the S10 either - you can remove them via ADB these days. I'm guessing you can probably do the same on the V50. However, IMO you don't need to remove system apps as much these days because phones have lots more memory and Android is more efficient in dealing with background apps.

To each their own, but the old ways of doing things may have been superceded... so you may not need root anymore... not that you can get it as easily either.