• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Sort-of Treble] [H910|H918|LS997|US996|VS995|H990] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1

Any luck with GSI's?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I have some possible solutions to make it work (if you do pls dm me btw)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ROMSG

Aug 6, 2018
Lineage-OS-800x450.jpg

Credit goes to @x86cpu as I used much of his work.
I am not responsible for any damage done to your device.
After Hours of work I have succsesfully built a Trebleized ROM for the V20. Kinda.
I have not gotten a GSI to work YET. Why post this then? Well I'm hoping someone
with more knowledge than me can help. Reading LogCats from my VS995 I'm getting
hung up on this error:
Waited one second for [email protected]::ISensorManager/default. Waiting another...
In the meantime I have only tested 3 GSIs so if you want to try for yourself here are some builds.

But first...

Instructions this installs much differently than most ROMs

Note: If you are using a vs995 variant I have made a Treble Twrp. It just allows you wipe the vendor partition, it is not required.

1. Flash this to begin, its a tool that will add the vendor partition to your device. Chose the 800mb partition size or else the partition won't be recognized by TWRP. When asked to reboot say yes.

2. Wipe System, cache, dalivk, and data. Then flash the ROM that corrosponds with your phone

3. Reboot

You may have com.android.phone has stopped keep popping up just enable developer options and it will give you the option to mute the pop up. Camera is also not working. Fixed on vs995 however won't work on GSI's. Camera broken for better gsi compatiblility as it won't work with any gsi.

VS995

H910

H990

US996

LS997

H918

Sources

Last edited:

ROMSG

Aug 6, 2018
Updates:

9-11-21 - New builds out for all

9-7-21 - Custom TWRP is ready! Seperate Vendor Image now longer requred (vs995 only). Due to my busy schedule the vs995 variant will be my primary foucus and will recieve updates much sooner as build on system takes a while. However testing with other variants will still be posible with the older builds provided.

9-4-21 - Install method fixed. Flashing vendor image no longer require jusut party treble tool and rom. Updated builds coming soon.

Last edited:

xxseva44

View attachment 5396833
After Hours of work I have succsesfully built a Trebleized ROM for the V20. Kinda.
I have not gotten a GSI to work YET. Why post this then? Well I'm hoping someone
hung up on this error:
Waited one second for [email protected]::ISensorManager/default. Waiting another...
In the meantime I have only tested 3 GSIs so if you want to try for yourself here are some builds.

But first...

Note: If you are using a vs995 variant I have made a Treble Twrp. You can skip step 3 as the vendor image is now included in the vs995 ROM.

1. Flash this to begin, its a tool that will add the vendor partition to your device. Chose the 800mb partition size or else the partition won't be recognized by TWRP. When asked to reboot say yes.

2. Wipe System, cache, dalivk, and data. Then flash the ROM that corrosponds with your phone

3. (skip if you are using a vs995) Flash this vendor image. Make sure vendor is mounted beforehand.

4. Reboot

You may have com.android.phone has stopped keep popping up just enable developer options and it will give you the option to mute the pop up. Camera is also not working. Fixed on vs995 however likely won't work on GSI's.

VS995

H910

H990

US996

LS997 & H918 Coming Soon

Sources
Damnn this is exciting, well done💯💯
I'll probably give it a go on my vs995
Is it cool if i pm?

Last edited:
Reactions: ROMSG

TripOG

Mar 30, 2010
Updates:

9-7-21 - Custom TWRP is ready! Seperate Vendor Image now longer requred (vs995 only). Due to my busy schedule the vs995 variant will be my primary foucus and will recieve updates much sooner as build on system takes a while. However testing with other variants will still be posible with the older builds provided.

9-4-21 - Install method fixed. Flashing vendor image no longer require jusut party treble tool and rom. Updated builds coming soon.

so, on an h910 are we still flashing the vendor? it's not really clear which information is the most up to date.

TripOG

Mar 30, 2010
Yes h910 is still flashing the vendor image. Custom twrp and the new build are vs995 only

okay, im getting error 7 in twrp when flashing your h910 rom
did you put your vendor partition at the front or back?
also did you select system or data when creating the vendor partition?

edit: looks like my twrp was out of date, it seems to be flashing with 3.5.2_9-0

now it fails at flashing the vendor.img i get error: 255

boots to flashboot so i pushed the vendor image with that and i get the error
"Writing 'vendor' FAILED (remote: 'Unknown chunk type')"

Last edited:

ROMSG

Aug 6, 2018
okay, im getting error 7 in twrp when flashing your h910 rom
did you put your vendor partition at the front or back?
also did you select system or data when creating the vendor partition?

edit: looks like my twrp was out of date, it seems to be flashing with 3.5.2_9-0

now it fails at flashing the vendor.img i get error: 255

boots to flashboot so i pushed the vendor image with that and i get the error
"Writing 'vendor' FAILED (remote: 'Unknown chunk type')"
Ya i've been having that issue with my vs995. It's fix in my newer builds for vs995. Try reinstalling party if that doesn't work newer h910 builds will be out soon.

TripOG

Mar 30, 2010
Ya i've been having that issue with my vs995. It's fix in my newer builds for vs995. Try reinstalling party if that doesn't work newer h910 builds will be out soon.

I tried party a few times changing where the vendor location is and everything, seems the only place vendor can be is data after, anything else won't allow the rom to flash. I'll give it another shot when your updates are out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-OS-800x450.jpg

hung up on this error:

But first...

Note: If you are using a vs995 variant I have made a Treble Twrp. It just allows you wipe the vendor partition, it is not required.

3. Reboot

You may have com.android.phone has stopped keep popping up just enable developer options and it will give you the option to mute the pop up. Camera is also not working. Fixed on vs995 however won't work on GSI's. Camera broken for better gsi compatiblility as it won't work with any gsi.

VS995

H910

H990

US996

LS997

H918

Sources
    Updates:

9-11-21 - New builds out for all

cool stuff, good work
    View attachment 5396833
    hung up on this error:

But first...

Note: If you are using a vs995 variant I have made a Treble Twrp. You can skip step 3 as the vendor image is now included in the vs995 ROM.

3. (skip if you are using a vs995) Flash this vendor image. Make sure vendor is mounted beforehand.

4. Reboot

You may have com.android.phone has stopped keep popping up just enable developer options and it will give you the option to mute the pop up. Camera is also not working. Fixed on vs995 however likely won't work on GSI's.

VS995

H910

H990

US996

LS997 & H918 Coming Soon

Sources
    Damnn this is exciting, well done💯💯
    I'll probably give it a go on my vs995
    Is it cool if i pm?
    I tried party a few times changing where the vendor location is and everything, seems the only place vendor can be is data after, anything else won't allow the rom to flash. I'll give it another shot when your updates are out.
    alright sorry for the issues , next build is better