Question SOT is lesss really less

Search This thread

Tahabey58

Jan 21, 2022
I've seen a maximum of 5 hours of SOT since I got the phone. My sot time is very short when I see other people's sot times. I always use the phone with the following features; +4G +always bluetooth +always location + no wifi +always sync +dolby atmos +dark mode +when i got notifications aod. Although I turned off the settings I used, I still could not do this for more than 5 hours.

Screenshot_20220121-115502_Device care.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RedWave31

May 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Battery is draining extremely fast on Android 12 (BULK) as well...

Is there a way to know if our phones haven't been manufactured by Samsung?
- There is Korea but also Vietnam etc... this might have an impact somehow?

amirage

What are you doing on whatsapp....that's a huge drain....
whatsapp is always a huge drain if you use to send and receive messages. My solution to this was enable multi-device login. I, now, use Whatsapp mainly on my computer when I'm at work and then revert to the phone when I'm off. The led to a huge difference. What used 25%+ for whatsapp..now stands at 4-5% over the day.

Tahabey58

Jan 21, 2022
Battery is draining extremely fast on Android 12 (BULK) as well...

Is there a way to know if our phones haven't been manufactured by Samsung?
- There is Korea but also Vietnam etc... this might have an impact somehow?
Actually since when I bought phone (almost 1 year) battery same. Even I sent to warranty for change battery. But still same sot

Tahabey58

Jan 21, 2022
What are you doing on whatsapp....that's a huge drain....
Morning 7 to 5pm I m using WhatsApp for work. I m using 2 WhatsApp. Work WhatsApp isn't stop every minute always receiving several message. I can't stop WhatsApp because of work. I think that's why WhatsApp percent is so much

Tahabey58

Jan 21, 2022
whatsapp is always a huge drain if you use to send and receive messages. My solution to this was enable multi-device login. I, now, use Whatsapp mainly on my computer when I'm at work and then revert to the phone when I'm off. The led to a huge difference. What used 25%+ for whatsapp..now stands at 4-5% over the day.
reqirement of my job I m working at construction site so I can't use on my computer. I don't have other solution to multi wp

I've seen a maximum of 5 hours of SOT since I got the phone. My sot time is very short when I see other people's sot times. I always use the phone with the following features; +4G +always bluetooth +always location + no wifi +always sync +dolby atmos +dark mode +when i got notifications aod. Although I turned off the settings I used, I still could not do this for more than 5 hours.
Does your battery run out by the end of your typical workday? Do you have to charge it during the day everyday, or can you get to the charger comfortably when going to sleep at night? SOT by itself isn't a very good metric when seen in isolation.

Tahabey58

Jan 21, 2022
Does your battery run out by the end of your typical workday? Do you have to charge it during the day everyday, or can you get to the charger comfortably when going to sleep at night? SOT by itself isn't a very good metric when seen in isolation.
In a day average I have 4 hours screen on time and I m using in a work phone around 4 - 5 hours. That's mean every noon I m charging phone if not it finish before leave work.

In a day average I have 4 hours screen on time and I m using in a work phone around 4 - 5 hours. That's mean every noon I m charging phone if not it finish before leave work.
So your battery level goes to 20% or below by every noon? Sheesh, that is indeed potato battery life...

But your screenshot suggests a pretty good standby time, nearly 11 hours usage and 72% remaining...

Maybe post the battery usage screenshot once your battery dips below 20% so we can try to pinpoint the issue?

Tahabey58

Jan 21, 2022
So your battery level goes to 20% or below by every noon? Sheesh, that is indeed potato battery life...

But your screenshot suggests a pretty good standby time, nearly 11 hours usage and 72% remaining...

Maybe post the battery usage screenshot once your battery dips below 20% so we can try to pinpoint the issue?
Actually my battery level around %50 in noon. For example this screen shot is today after noon. In noon was %100

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220122-214554_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220122-214554_Device care.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 42

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
I am 90% sure that your battery drain is caused by the mediocre 4G signal which is used for internet at all times. A lot of power is basically being allocated to get a better signal and thus while you use WS all the time, your batt drains FAST. If you happen to have Wi-Fi for a day or two and the signal is maxed out, the battery will surely last longer. Generally speaking though, you cannot compare other peoples SOT to yours as most people do not use WS as much as you, nor 4G at all times.

There might be some other extra settings that could be altered to improve battery, like:
adaptive battery ON
enhanced processing OFF
location OFF
background data OFF
resolution to FHD
background usage limit to put rarely used apps to sleep
NFC OFF
nearby device scanning OFF

And of course the last version of android 11, as it seems A12 is not yet worthy or ruling the S21U. Sadly I have a feeling that Samsung might not fix A12 for the S21U as they are now releasing the S22. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tahabey58

tfn

May 31, 2010
London
The Big Battery drainers:

Screen - If you have manually set it high - Try Auto
Mobile Signal - Nothing you can do if its poor - unless possibility of WIFI
Location - Always On is a no no if you can help it - try use when app open only.
Background Data - Turn off for apps which its not reqd .

Also Since Android 12 I also seem to get lower SOT although my phone battery has been same since android 11. Im not sure if they changed the way they show/measure SOT now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you mainly on Wi-Fi or mobile network? OP is on a building site so most likely on mobile network most of the day
    I always using mobile network 4G signal is %75
    I am 90% sure that your battery drain is caused by the mediocre 4G signal which is used for internet at all times. A lot of power is basically being allocated to get a better signal and thus while you use WS all the time, your batt drains FAST. If you happen to have Wi-Fi for a day or two and the signal is maxed out, the battery will surely last longer. Generally speaking though, you cannot compare other peoples SOT to yours as most people do not use WS as much as you, nor 4G at all times.

There might be some other extra settings that could be altered to improve battery, like:
    adaptive battery ON
    enhanced processing OFF
    location OFF
    background data OFF
    resolution to FHD
    background usage limit to put rarely used apps to sleep
    NFC OFF
    nearby device scanning OFF

And of course the last version of android 11, as it seems A12 is not yet worthy or ruling the S21U. Sadly I have a feeling that Samsung might not fix A12 for the S21U as they are now releasing the S22. Hope I'm wrong.