Sound bug! anyone have it?!

Search This thread

sun_is_shinning

Jul 13, 2016
Valongo
So, i have run this issue since the day i have the phone, but lately is gettin annoying, when i listen to music trough earphones (wired ones, i dont have tested bluetooth but i think it will be the same) and open a game and have silent all game sounds and music, or facebook in web browser and autoplay came in videos that the sound of my earphones get low, like 20% to 30% lower than the max of the phone can output.

Like, open music, playing at max volume, open a game with all sounds silent and boom, music volume gets a cut about 20 to 30% and the graphic say it was at max. And when exit the game, volume still have a cut, i need to fully close the app in recent apps open and then the full volume is restored.

how to fix this?! i think isnt a music app setting, cause i use the default Mi Music app and dont see setting to fix this, even isnt a game option cause i run all my games in silent.

are any other setting in system setting to fix this?!

im on latest v10.2.30 and rooted with magisk.

Assalterente

May 7, 2019
So, i have run this issue since the day i have the phone, but lately is gettin annoying, when i listen to music trough earphones (wired ones, i dont have tested bluetooth but i think it will be the same) and open a game and have silent all game sounds and music, or facebook in web browser and autoplay came in videos that the sound of my earphones get low, like 20% to 30% lower than the max of the phone can output.

Like, open music, playing at max volume, open a game with all sounds silent and boom, music volume gets a cut about 20 to 30% and the graphic say it was at max. And when exit the game, volume still have a cut, i need to fully close the app in recent apps open and then the full volume is restored.

how to fix this?! i think isnt a music app setting, cause i use the default Mi Music app and dont see setting to fix this, even isnt a game option cause i run all my games in silent.

Try to add the app to game booster, I think it does something to the sound, maybe it is what you are saying....

Enviado do meu MI 9 através do Tapatalk

Vichergsen

Aug 15, 2016
Rancagua

Try listening to music on any app at Max volume. Does it happen too ? I have a similar problem but it happens all the time. I just have to raise volume past 75% or so and it starts to click. Sometimes i get audio just in the left earpiece and sometimes it just cuts the audio to like .. 5% of its maximum ( even though it's at Max) .. i was thinking it can be an ohm limit with the stock USB c to Jack as via Bluetooth there's no audio problems at all

kingbasescu

Jul 16, 2013
Try listening to music on any app at Max volume. Does it happen too ? I have a similar problem but it happens all the time. I just have to raise volume past 75% or so and it starts to click. Sometimes i get audio just in the left earpiece and sometimes it just cuts the audio to like .. 5% of its maximum ( even though it's at Max) .. i was thinking it can be an ohm limit with the stock USB c to Jack as via Bluetooth there's no audio problems at all
Your problem is most likely damage done to the wires through which data travels to the earpiece, damage that occurs near the 3.5mm jack or maybe your adapter got twisted too much though I'm pretty sure it's the earphones' cable that's been bent too much, happens with pretty much every earphones no matter how gentle you are. You can check by gently twisting the part of the cable that's close to the jack and see if sound comes and goes in the right channel. It's very hard to fix unless the damage is close to the 3.5mm jack(where it bends the most), then you have to cut the jack and the cable up to the part that's disrupted including it, buy a new jack that's similar to the one you just cut(that has microphone contact and buttons contact for example) and attach the wires properly and glue/tape the damn thing. Not that easy to do either and requires a person with a bit of electrical know-how.

Last edited:

Vichergsen

Aug 15, 2016
Rancagua
Your problem is most likely damage done to the wires through which data travels to the earpiece, damage that occurs near the 3.5mm jack or maybe your adapter got twisted too much though I'm pretty sure it's the earphones' cable that's been bent too much, happens with pretty much every earphones no matter how gentle you are. You can check by gently twisting the part of the cable that's close to the jack and see if sound comes and goes in the right channel. It's very hard to fix unless the damage is close to the 3.5mm jack(where it bends the most), then you have to cut the jack and the cable up to the part that's disrupted including it, buy a new jack that's similar to the one you just cut(that has microphone contact and buttons contact for example) and attach the wires properly and glue/tape the damn thing. Not that easy to do either and requires a person with a bit of electrical know-how.

I own a pretty much "new " Mee audio m6pro 2nd gen. and there's no problem at all with them. Just when I'm using them on my also new mi9 . And if i twist the USB c Dongle to check if there's some cutted wires there's no problem, but as soon as i reach high volumes the audio starts to click, fade or simply clicks and just the right or left earpiece keeps sounding with a very clicky sound and distorted. Maybe the bundled Dongle came faulty. Worth to mention that I've used the same earphones at a very much high volume with a creative soundblaster soundcard on my pc and there's no click nor distort.

sun_is_shinning

Jul 13, 2016
Valongo

Not really the problem cause i have done the test with 2 adapters and 3 pairs of headphones/earphones and all new and well conserved nothing twisted or broken and even that way i get the sound cut ONLY when open a game and are listening to music, the problem is fixed ONLY when exit the game and close it on recent apps, the volume are restored when doing that, everytime.

So, i think is a Miui issue, maybe sound priority or something like that, but even...i have silented the sounds on game, this shouldnt occur, but it does.

kingbasescu

Jul 16, 2013
Not really the problem cause i have done the test with 2 adapters and 3 pairs of headphones/earphones and all new and well conserved nothing twisted or broken and even that way i get the sound cut ONLY when open a game and are listening to music, the problem is fixed ONLY when exit the game and close it on recent apps, the volume are restored when doing that, everytime.

So, i think is a Miui issue, maybe sound priority or something like that, but even...i have silented the sounds on game, this shouldnt occur, but it does.

Well my reply was to Vichergsen because what he described is pretty much what happens when a channel's wire gets disrupted, at least if I understand what he said correctly. I didn't mean to address your issue because yours is definitely a software issue so besides waiting for a fix there's not much I can advise. I also seem to encounter a strange issue when I listen to music, say I set the volume to a level, and if I use certain apps for some reason the sound gets louder than it was before using them, almost louder by +2 I think even though the volume level remains unchanged.(miui 10.2.30)

Vichergsen

Aug 15, 2016
Rancagua
Well my reply was to Vichergsen because what he described is pretty much what happens when a channel's wire gets disrupted, at least if I understand what he said correctly. I didn't mean to address your issue because yours is definitely a software issue so besides waiting for a fix there's not much I can advise. I also seem to encounter a strange issue when I listen to music, say I set the volume to a level, and if I use certain apps for some reason the sound gets louder than it was before using them, almost louder by +2 I think even though the volume level remains unchanged.(miui 10.2.30)

Guess it's worth to mention. My bug was caused by dsam mod ( stereo for speakers) .. never thought of it cuz i was pretty sure it was only directioning audio to the earpiece and not increasing headphones gain lol... Although after disabling that module i no longer have the " Hi-Fi sound" on sound settings :( welp, i guess I'll stick with tidal's master quality and flat audio. That should be enough for a Smartphone :D

Top Liked Posts