Question Sound comes out of speakers even when earbuds are connected

Search This thread

GreySails

Nov 9, 2021
When my bluetooth earphones are connected, every phone sound (calls, ringtones, etc.) comes out of the speakers, too - as in, I hear the sound in my earphones, and it's coming out of the phone's speakers at the same time. The only time it doesn't happen is when I'm listening to Spotify. My partner has a Pixel 6 and has the same issue.

I've cheked bluetooth settings and everything that should be checked is checked. It's really frustrating and I can't figure out if it's by design or if I need new earphones (even though I don't have this issue with these earphones and any of my other devices) or WTF else is going on

Any ideas?

• Wow
Reactions: galaxys

Ltlwng

Nov 21, 2021
My Galaxy buds pair with no problem and appear to be playing but there is no sound. They work great with other devices and have worked on e before with my Pixel 6 Pro. Very frustrating. Rebooted, forgot and reconnected, and even reset the earbuds. Still nothing.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
When my bluetooth earphones are connected, every phone sound (calls, ringtones, etc.) comes out of the speakers, too - as in, I hear the sound in my earphones, and it's coming out of the phone's speakers at the same time. The only time it doesn't happen is when I'm listening to Spotify. My partner has a Pixel 6 and has the same issue.

I've cheked bluetooth settings and everything that should be checked is checked. It's really frustrating and I can't figure out if it's by design or if I need new earphones (even though I don't have this issue with these earphones and any of my other devices) or WTF else is going on

Any ideas?
Did you find a solution yet?

That's an odd problem, and not a common one for sure.

What kind of bluetooth earphones are you using?
Did you reboot your device?
Did you try out a safemode to see if a third-party app causes your problem?
-> Especially since your partners phone also has this problem, maybe you use the same third-party app causing this?

You could also try to reset/clear cache/storage the basic Google processes running to see if they have a hang up.

GreySails

Nov 9, 2021
Did you find a solution yet?

That's an odd problem, and not a common one for sure.

What kind of bluetooth earphones are you using?
Did you reboot your device?
Did you try out a safemode to see if a third-party app causes your problem?
-> Especially since your partners phone also has this problem, maybe you use the same third-party app causing this?

You could also try to reset/clear cache/storage the basic Google processes running to see if they have a hang up.
Nope, no solution. I've done everything you mentioned and nothing has worked. I've also tried different bluetooth earbuds, just in case, and no joy. I know some manufacturers choose for "phone" sounds to play toghether with connected buds, but I take it from your reply that it's not the case with the Pixel 6 Pro so I'm just baffled by this.

For now my way around this issue is to put the phone on silent or vibrate while connecte to bluetooth, but it's clearly not a solution.