Sound fix question

Search This thread

jlbooth

Feb 5, 2013
OnePlus 6T
Broad statements like "sound from Chinese units is bad" is highly subjective. What might sound "bad" to one person might sound great to another. A lot of it depends on other variables besides just the head unit, such as amplifiers, speakers, sub-woofer, etc. being used with the head unit.

In addition, could it be that the audio is being put thru too many processes? What I mean is that the unit has its built in DSP which modifies the sound one way, then V4A does its thing to the audio, and then Neutron (not exactly sure what Neutron is) does something else. All of these processes can be cumulative.

That being said, you probably should disable some/all of the other processors (V4A, Neutron, and the built in DSP) to have a shot at improving the sound quality either with or without external hardware.

Qwecko

Mar 6, 2019
Hi jlbooth...thanx for your answer...I'm sorry I probably wrote it wrong...english is not my language ... the sound isn't completely bad but I'm still missing something there ... i was install V4A because sound was worse before ... Neutron is a music player which I think is the best ... in the car I have damping on all the doors, 8x PHD speakers with tweeters installed and a JBL subwoofer under the seat ... and since I'm not expert for sound I want to ask if it pays to invest money and buy module to which I added a link or it would be a waste of time and money...maybe i hope that is there somebody with installed something like this fix module...

jlbooth

Feb 5, 2013
OnePlus 6T
My pleasure Qwecko. Yes maybe someone here on the forum might have experience with the processor you linked or similar device. I would be interested to know if the external processor helps if you do decide to purchase the external unit. I might have a look at Neutron, so thank you for the suggestion :).

Qwecko

Mar 6, 2019
The Neutron player doesn't look beautiful but is really functional with many settings ... I think it's a must have application ... Anyway, is there anyone who has a device like a music fixer installed? ... or someone who could say yes to buy because ... or don't buy because ...
thank you

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
I have the axxess dsp. Pretty much the same thing as the JL but you can use your bluetooth connection and your phone to tune instead of a computer.

It does a good job at making it sound better.

Qwecko

Mar 6, 2019
Hi Bob_Sanders ... thanks for your reaction ... which head unit do you have installed? ... is it possible to install DSP fixing modules like yours on PX5 head units?...is it hard for install?...and last question, do you have in your system some amplifiers or is without?

THX

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
Hi Bob_Sanders ... thanks for your reaction ... which head unit do you have installed? ... is it possible to install DSP fixing modules like yours on PX5 head units?...is it hard for install?...and last question, do you have in your system some amplifiers or is without?

THX
I have a dasiata max 10

Yes you can use an external dsp on a px5, but you also have to be using external amps. I have 3 external amps. One for front, one for rear, and one for subwoofer. It is not hard to install. It just plugs in the the rca plugs.