Question sound/mic/phoneapp bug after miui 13 update

Search This thread

anirt

Nov 25, 2022
Hello, I am also using a Redmi Note 10s and after updating my phone to MiUi 13.0.6.0 I am having issues during calls as well. Whenever I call using Whatsapp or other apps (e.g Zoom) there are voice cuts so the receiver cannot hear me properly. I have ruled out weak WiFi as a problem as when I call using other devices using the same internet connection I do not face any issues during calls. I also tried testing the inbuilt microphone by sending voice messages and it seems that the mic is fine cause the voice messages are clear. I don't know what could be causing this but my guess would be that its a bug with the new MiUi version.
Same voice cut issue on whatsapp and zoom video calls. Sudden cuts so can't hear receiver and they can't hear me. Other devices are fine so it's not internet connection.

Watching youtube video or playing games - no sound cuts. Whatsapp voice recording or WhatsApp voice calls is fine - no voice cuts.

Only seems to cut for video calls - voice disappears both sides for a few minutes, comes back on then gone again for a few minutes. Makes conversation frustrating as we have to repeat ourselves hoping it doesn't get cut again.

Miui 13.0.10.0

Can anyone help please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-26-04-43-28-859_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-26-04-43-28-859_com.android.settings.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
  • Haha
Reactions: tutibreaker

tutibreaker

Same voice cut issue on whatsapp and zoom video calls. Sudden cuts so can't hear receiver and they can't hear me. Other devices are fine so it's not internet connection.

Watching youtube video or playing games - no sound cuts. Whatsapp voice recording or WhatsApp voice calls is fine - no voice cuts.

Only seems to cut for video calls - voice disappears both sides for a few minutes, comes back on then gone again for a few minutes. Makes conversation frustrating as we have to repeat ourselves hoping it doesn't get cut again.

Miui 13.0.10.0

Can anyone help please?
hard reset the device

afrajaun

Nov 26, 2022
I am having an issue of sound malfunction. My phone is not allowing phone calls, not playing any kind of sound, not recording videos and audios. It all started after updating it to MIUI 13.
If anyone knows the solution to this problem plz let me know.

anirt

Nov 25, 2022
Xiaomi replied to me today. They are aware of the voice cut issue. Attached reply.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-28-16-56-08-466_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-28-16-56-08-466_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 253

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    update to 13.0.8.0 then hard reset and done
    Hello, I am also using a Redmi Note 10s and after updating my phone to MiUi 13.0.6.0 I am having issues during calls as well. Whenever I call using Whatsapp or other apps (e.g Zoom) there are voice cuts so the receiver cannot hear me properly. I have ruled out weak WiFi as a problem as when I call using other devices using the same internet connection I do not face any issues during calls. I also tried testing the inbuilt microphone by sending voice messages and it seems that the mic is fine cause the voice messages are clear. I don't know what could be causing this but my guess would be that its a bug with the new MiUi version.
    Can you please share how did you rollback ?
    Unblocking bootloader required O

Can you please share how did you rollback ?
    Unblocking bootloader required ?
    Yes, unlocked bootloader is required. You can follow this tutorial well explained

Miui 13.0.10.0

Can anyone help please?