Question Sounds issues on Exynos S22 Ultra (Ukrainian variant)

Search This thread
Hello all. I've got my Ultra on 22nd of February by pre-order in Kyiv, Ukraine (SEK variant, official reseller) and for a few weeks it was almost okay. But for the last 4-5 weeks I'm experiencing really weird sound issues with only specific games, but not all of them. Also all non-game apps are not affected. The issue sounds like the speaker is broken after hours of usage on highest volume (is like cracking). I've seen reports about similar issue but all over the system and it was fixable by reinserting sim card tray, but this doesn't help in my case. To give you an example of the issue - here are two videos which I've taken recently (the issue persists to this very moment): YouTube 1 and Yotube 2. Maybe someone can help me to finally get rid of it? The list of affected games (which I've found) is below:
  • Beatstar
  • Ingress
  • Rocket League: Sideswipe
  • Genshin Impact
  • Need for Speed: No limits
  • Microsoft Solitaire Collection
Thank you!

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
does clearing app cache and or restarting help? does the crackling occur on bluetooth too

Try diagnostic with Samsung member app
Tried that too before submitting ticket to Samsung support and it shows that everything's fine. Also Samsung support told me that these issues are not under their competency and they must be fixed by apps developers only. However, those games which I've mentioned are working just fine on other devices (including those which I've tested them on personally).

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
Yes it crossed my mind that it could be some incompatibility issue. Not much you can do

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
I've read elsewhere that opening/closing sim slot helps (and possibly turning off Dolby/Atmos)? At least for awhile.
I don't think it is broken as it only affects some games as you said. Which I interpret that there could be some incompatibility between game and hardware. It should be looked by both Samsung and game dev but .....

also, it is not just your device, there are reports of it happening on other S22s too

Reactions: kingracer
I've read elsewhere that opening/closing sim slot helps (and possibly turning off Dolby/Atmos)? At least for awhile.
I don't think it is broken as it only affects some games as you said. Which I interpret that there could be some incompatibility between game and hardware. It should be looked by both Samsung and game dev but .....

also, it is not just your device, there are reports of it happening on other S22s too
As for those workarounds - yes, they are not helping, unfortunately. And about other reports on S22 series - I haven't seen any about some specific apps, only general ones where people tell that their phones sounds like that overall, even when they're just out of the box.

I'm a bit disappointed that such premium flagship device struggles with tasks this simple(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm a bit disappointed that such premium flagship device struggles with tasks this simple(
    Indeed, it could have been done much better