[SOUNDS][UPDATED]New startup and shutdown sound theme[v2]

Search This thread

thunderteaser

Jul 22, 2010
Hello, guys!

I was cooking my own rom when I decided to change startup and shutdown sounds of the default Galaxy S animations. I was pretty happy about the result that I wanted to share it with you! ;)

• v1
The startup theme I chose is from Ghost Trick. It's the sound you hear when turning "4 Minutes Before Death".

The shutdown theme is taken from openDesktop.org and is called "Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow".

• v2
Since many of you didn't like the startup sound in v1, I chose a softer one. The new startup theme is the Techland logo.

The shutdown theme is taken from openDesktop.org and is called "Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow".

I'm not the owner of these sounds, I just edited them with Audacity to optimize the sound quality, volume and lenght.

I made two flashable zip files to use JUST with ClockWorkMod Recovery, one to install the theme (new_sounds_CWM.zip for v1 or new_sounds_v2_CWM.zip for v2) and one to revert the changes (default_sounds_CWM.zip).

This sound theme is meant to match only the default animations. If you're using a custom bootanimation, you won't hear the startup sound.

Please, use them at your own risk! These are my first flashable zips. Something could go wrong if you're unlucky so it's always good to have a nandroid backup, although I used a template as a base and tested both on my phone.

I really hope you enjoy it! :)

Attachments

• default_sounds_CWM.zip
    932.3 KB · Views: 652
  • new_sounds_CWM.zip
    807.2 KB · Views: 667
  • new_sounds_v2_CWM.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 557
Last edited:

thunderteaser

Jul 22, 2010
Works on captivate running cognition 4. You should post this in the captivate section I'm sure they would appreciate this as much as I do.

Thank you! :D You may do this on your own if you want, you can either link to this thread or just post the zips, I don't really care about credits...

The shutdown sound is very nice, the boot sound... Less XD

Well, that wasn't meant to be a boot sound, but I like it! :D
P.S.: You may also change the PowerOn.wav from the zip with the one you want. ;)

Thank you! :D You may do this on your own if you want, you can either link to this thread or just post the zips, I don't really care about credits...

P.S.: You may also change the PowerOn.wav from the zip with the one you want. ;)

Ill link it for you today. Im on xda app 95% of the time.

Reactions: thunderteaser

thunderteaser

Jul 22, 2010
It should work... It would probably work even if you have a custom bootanimation and you enabled bootanimation sounds from speedmod tweaks but probably it won't have the same feel if you don't have the original ones!

jay1980uk

Feb 7, 2011
no start up sound here but i do have custum bootanimation on. but the new shut down sound works , not bad with the darky flashin .

Sent from GT-I9000 using XDA App

thunderteaser

Jul 22, 2010
no start up sound here but i do have custum bootanimation on. but the new shut down sound works , not bad with the darky flashin .

Sent from GT-I9000 using XDA App

It should not be supposed to work if you're using a custom bootanimation, but there's a tweak in the SpeedMod kernel to enable sounds for them, though I haven't tried it yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, guys!

I was cooking my own rom when I decided to change startup and shutdown sounds of the default Galaxy S animations. I was pretty happy about the result that I wanted to share it with you! ;)

• v1
    The startup theme I chose is from Ghost Trick. It's the sound you hear when turning "4 Minutes Before Death".

• v2
    Since many of you didn't like the startup sound in v1, I chose a softer one. The new startup theme is the Techland logo.

I'm not the owner of these sounds, I just edited them with Audacity to optimize the sound quality, volume and lenght.

I made two flashable zip files to use JUST with ClockWorkMod Recovery, one to install the theme (new_sounds_CWM.zip for v1 or new_sounds_v2_CWM.zip for v2) and one to revert the changes (default_sounds_CWM.zip).

This sound theme is meant to match only the default animations. If you're using a custom bootanimation, you won't hear the startup sound.

Please, use them at your own risk! These are my first flashable zips. Something could go wrong if you're unlucky so it's always good to have a nandroid backup, although I used a template as a base and tested both on my phone.

I really hope you enjoy it! :)
    Works on captivate running cognition 4. You should post this in the captivate section I'm sure they would appreciate this as much as I do.
    The shutdown sound is very nice, the boot sound... Less XD
    I'l give a try. Downloadig...

Thanks for it!

Ill link it for you today. Im on xda app 95% of the time.