• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[SP:Aug][r47] Descendant 4.0.1 for Treble Enabled Devices

Search This thread

Notorius bunty

Jun 20, 2018
Haryana india
- Bootloader. Unlocked with DcUnlocker ( 4 credits )
- Rooted with twrp : twrp_p10_lite_0.5_test by pretoriano80 ( the best for me for treble roms with backup / restore .. ) support treble/emui 8.0 roms
https://mega.nz/#!kgUwiYLL!SnFeX7pPR2fxoF6JmhvXB5VBB9p99WcBRAlL6NWvf_A
Only you need to decrypt data using this zip :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-7x/development/mod-decrypt-data-emui-8-t3765403

After that the installation as follows :
1- Unzip system.img to sd ( our case descendant 2.0 a-only x64 )
2- Full backup from twrp ( system data vendor .. ) from your favorite rom
3- Go to twrp Format data + wipe system data cache dalvik/art
4- Install img --> system.img -->system image partition
5- Reboot to system & setup
6- Reboot to recovery , install SimpleGapps & magisk v18/18.1
7- Profit

Sorry if offtopic .
Wt donu mean by bro full backup/restore support??

tw1st3d83

Sep 14, 2010
Belgrade
Xiaomi Black Shark 2
OnePlus Nord
Last night i hv charged my honor 6x 76 nd in morning it ws 52 i don't know why i hv clear all app not anything ws running battry saver ws on location ws off then why this hpnd

It's a device which needs electricity to work, what did you think it's going to happen? Phone just stops to use battery over night just because you don't use it!? They are not that "smart" yet. ?

bubba1601

Aug 23, 2016
Last night i hv charged my honor 6x 76 nd in morning it ws 52 i don't know why i hv clear all app not anything ws running battry saver ws on location ws off then why this hpnd

You are lucky, my honour 7s is on 20% in the morning if I don't charge it overnight.

Do you really think it's not going to use any battery overnight?

Pie uses far more battery than stock Oreo and EMUI, I've now come to realize that and have charge my honour overnight or I can't use it at work the next day!!! eek:

Nico2416

Sep 9, 2018
I'd suggest you to build these: https://gitlab.com/ezio84/android-gapps, since the repo got updated recently but I can't personally find anywhere a new zip for them.

Just one more question: what is exactly needed to build them? Would be the first time I build something and I'm a bit noob in the matter... I read the README.txt but I can't fully understand what the required building environment, since I'm not a ROM dev :(

EDIT: I tried to build them but everytime I run the mkgapps.sh file (from both Windows and Linux), I run into an error "nameofthepackgeidontremember.zip not found. Impossible to continue the operation", I can't understand why it happens.... Can you help me?

Last edited:

canaac

Aug 10, 2012
Hello, great gsi, thank you very much. I have found two bugs, the first is that the notifications do not sound with the active screen, they only sound when the mobile is blocked.
The second is the bluetooth handsfree, it does not send or receive sound. some fix?
Thank you!!!

Xiaomi Mi8SE

Reactions: foudroid

Dil3mm4

Mar 22, 2018
Hello, great gsi, thank you very much. I have found two bugs, the first is that the notifications do not sound with the active screen, they only sound when the mobile is blocked.
The second is the bluetooth handsfree, it does not send or receive sound. some fix?
Thank you!!!

Xiaomi Mi8SE

If you could be bothered to check the changelog and sounds settings you may have the answer.

About the bluetooth handfree it's not Descendant dependant, report to @phhusson

I have run to some of this problems:
Face unlock camera is not available when setting up.
Massive battery drain.
Also the black theme is not available on mine only dark. But it's okay
No logs, no party.

You are lucky, my honour 7s is on 20% in the morning if I don't charge it overnight.
Do you really think it's not going to use any battery overnight?

Pie uses far more battery than stock Oreo and EMUI, I've now come to realize that and have charge my honour overnight or I can't use it at work the next day!!! eek:
I really think you guys have USB/Wallcharger/electricity/usb-port broken, my PRA-LX1 is charging in 2 hrs.

linuxct

Recognized Contributor & Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Sheffield

Just one more question: what is exactly needed to build them? Would be the first time I build something and I'm a bit noob in the matter... I read the README.txt but I can't fully understand what the required building environment, since I'm not a ROM dev :(

EDIT: I tried to build them but everytime I run the mkgapps.sh file (from both Windows and Linux), I run into an error "nameofthepackgeidontremember.zip not found. Impossible to continue the operation", I can't understand why it happens.... Can you help me?

I need the specific error to be able to help you, screenshot or copypaste of the whole thing if possible. Also, it says you need to have OpenJDK installed, if you are using Ubuntu you can install it by running sudo apt-get install openjdk-9-jdk (if you find trouble, follow https://linuxhint.com/install-openjdk-9-ubuntu/)

Reactions: Nico2416

Nordicus

Feb 15, 2010
Samara
Unfortunately, for some reason the latest release does not start. Stuck on logo about 2-3 minutes and reboot into TWRP. ((
Although the previous one, OneDotFive, was normally loaded into the system.

p.s. Nubia Z17S, arm64 a-only ...

Reactions: timmtomm8

bubba1601

Aug 23, 2016
If you could be bothered to check the changelog and sounds settings you may have the answer.

About the bluetooth handfree it's not Descendant dependant, report to @phhusson

No logs, no party.

I really think you guys have USB/Wallcharger/electricity/usb-port broken, my PRA-LX1 is charging in 2 hrs.

The Honor 7s doesn't have that quick charging
It's budget phone and it's different to what you have, but I think it takes 3 to 3.5 hours to fully charge if I'm honest.
My point was to put the OP that unless I have my honour on charge overnight, I cannot get 10 hrs usage out of it at work the following day, which it no good to me at all in my job.
If I woke up and it had less that 60 % charge i would be in big trouble - I must have a working device on me at all times - it's a safety thing here in UK for lone workers in the type of work I'm in.
Out of the 10 hours I'm at work each day, I drive between worksites which takes 45 minutes each way.
I'm always told not to place my device on charge for such a short period of time during my work day, as my employer claims it shortens the battery life, which is why I made the comment I did.
(My employer recently changed Samsung A5 devices for Honor 7s due to their longer battery life, and I got permission to flash this on mine to test the life using pie)

Last edited:

tw1st3d83

Sep 14, 2010
Belgrade
Xiaomi Black Shark 2
OnePlus Nord
The Honor 7s doesn't have that quick charging
It's budget phone and it's different to what you have, but I think it takes 3 to 3.5 hours to fully charge if I'm honest.
My point was to put the OP that unless I have my honour on charge overnight, I cannot get 10 hrs usage out of it at work the following day, which it no good to me at all in my job.
If I woke up and it had less that 60 % charge i would be in big trouble - I must have a working device on me at all times - it's a safety thing here in UK for lone workers in the type of work I'm in.
Out of the 10 hours I'm at work each day, I drive between worksites which takes 45 minutes each way.
I'm always told not to place my device on charge for such a short period of time during my work day, as my employer claims it shortens the battery life, which is why I made the comment I did.
(My employer recently changed Samsung A5 devices for Honor 7s due to their longer battery life, and I got permission to flash this on mine to test the life using pie)

If you need your device for work and long battery life, i suggest to go back to stock system and use Huaweis powerful battery and app manager, you will get satisfactory results only then. Custom ROMs are not for working phones, no matter how good and complete they are.

aljoscha81

Apr 23, 2016
Unfortunately, for some reason the latest release does not start. Stuck on logo about 2-3 minutes and reboot into TWRP. ((
Although the previous one, OneDotFive, was normally loaded into the system.

p.s. Nubia Z17S, arm64 a-only ...

Yes i got the same problem for now it looks like the december build of base rom will the last one working for our nubia i got the february security level with the havoc 2.1 rom

bubba1601

Aug 23, 2016
For work phone - yes. For private phone - probably not. ? My private phone is always on custom ROM but my work phone was never even close to custom ROM....

Totally respect that, just something me, my supervisor and a work colleague are trying to see if it makes any difference, and for me personally, descendants doesn't drain battery anymore than stock EMUI 8.0 right now.

Reactions: tw1st3d83

aljoscha81

Apr 23, 2016
Is somebody with zhe boot problem able to get a log while it is on bootanimation with fastboot i've read that help the dev's but my comp unuseable by virus at the moment ;)
I also found a app from the dev. Chainfire can do it but we have to install:eek:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    title.png

Descendant is a customised Android that aims to add useful tweaks over Android 9.
    We didn't fill the system with tons of features. We think less is more.

Downloads

ARM BINDER64 AB

Sources
    Githubhttps://github.com/Descendant

Guide.png

Nothing different from any other GSI.
    Just a straight flash via fastboot to /system partition and /cache /data wipes.
    It may take up to 5 minutes to boot on some devices.
    If it takes longer than 5 minutes, just hold your power button and reboot.

Features.png

I actually can't list all the additions.
    It would be a huge wall of text, that every user would probably not even read.
    So, check it out with your own eyes in our gallery and in our blog.

Preloaded applications
    Kiwi Browser
    Open Camera
    AmazeFileManager
    Markup

Bugs.png

Descendant uses phhusson's trees and fixes.
    The problems you will face with Descendant are the same that you may face on any other ROM based over phhusson's work.
    If something is not working, expect your developer or brand to fix it.
    If it's only happening in Descendant, take a log and send us.

Having a bug or not booting for whatever reason?
    Look for "How to report bugs" on this post.
    Bug reports without logs will be ignored.

Credits.png

@ElDainosor | @phhusson | @Letzen | @krule031 | @ezio84 | @linuxct | @00day | @Ovenoboyo

Android OS version: 9.0_r47
    Security patch level: August
    New support infrastructure for Descendant project plus some personal considerations

Before I give out some updates on Descendant status, I'd push my personal opinion on what happened lately over XDA, under the HIDE tags.
    So if you're not interested, just skip the spoiler, relevant infos about the development status will follow after that.

So, we're at it again.
    First of all, this PERSONAL considerations don't want to be something markable as flame or "attacks" of any kind.
    That's just my personal opinion on what I constantly see happening around XDA forums.
    I may not be one of the "zen-est" person around the world, but I guess that each and everyone of us deserves a bit of comprehension.
    Especially when it comes to XDA.
    Some of us will agree with me that, lately, the XDA forum has been fulfilled by rule-breakers all around.
    Analyzing this situation on the "economical" side they're forum users that generate revenue for this website (as long as they're not on AdBlock or similar) and I totally get the point of "more audience = potentially more revenues to keep the full-time developers/servers running".
    What I honestly don't get, it's why there's a "low enforcing policy" on people that actually don't:
    1. Report useful feedbacks
    2. Respect developers work
    3. Follow the first XDA rule: search before posting.

In my life I've always tried to not be a crybabe.
    So when I see people that don't comply with rules or that just show off a "non-ethical" forum attitude, I tend to ignore them, till my breaking point.
    I've always encouraged useful bug reports, teaching people how to do it in specific cases.
    But when you see that all you get is "hey this doesn't work blablalbla, you work bad sur kthxbye" (sometimes being even more harsh than that), I guess that a bit of anger towards this kind of things would appear even in a Shaolin Monk.
    Am I trying to justify myself ?
    No.
    But since the mods are so good at berserking me on my outbursts (and I really mean it in a good way), I wonder why a lot of OP starters have still to deal with those kind of people.
    I agree that there will always be people that just won't read, but here the ratio is outta range.
    And please, do not come up with the "rules apply to everyone", because that's an outrageous lie.
    I'm not meaning that it's a lie on purpose, but, maybe this has gone too far to apply the user-technique "ignore/forget and move on" (especially if there are forum rules that should deny this bad behaviours)?

This, in my honest opinion, is one of the main reasons why day-by-day many developers declines whatever kind of answer over XDA threads moving the support to other communications channels.
    And this to me, it's a threat to XDA.
    We could easily avoid this migration in my opinion, but as long as something won't be done about it, I guess that's how it will keep going.

tl;dr help us to make XDA a better place.

Peace out.

So, in the last days I've work kinda hard to put up a new "infrastructure" for Descendant.
    This includes:
    • Descendant Github Page
      Where you will find the most updated contents and useful tips and also:
      • a Blog
      • a photo gallery
      • download links
      • Descendant infos
      • bug report infos
      • donation links
    • Descendant Project Page
      Where you will be able to see Descendant's progress over reported bugfixes.
    • Descendant Bug Tracker Repo
      A self-explanatory bug tracker that will guide you thru correct bug reporting with a template
    • Descendant Telegram Group
      A nice Telegram group where you will find (almost) real-time support, nice people and some exclusive news/screenshots about the upcoming release.

That said, stay tuned a lot of stuff is about to happen.
    Peace and zen to everyone.
    Descendant TwoDotZero

UI changes
    • Introducing Descendant Brightness Bar
    • Introducing Descendant Battery Fragment
    • Introducing Descendant Seekbars
    • Introducing Descendant Volume Slider
    • Introducing Descendant UI Customizations
    • Introducing Descendant Wallpaper
    • Introducing "Utility"
    • Introducing "Gestures and buttons"
    • Introducing Lockscreen Clock personalization
    • Introducing Weather on lockscreen
    • Introducing Clock and Date customizations
    • About phone section has been rearranged
    • Add icons almost-everywhere in Settings
    • Lemon shape has been added to System Icons Customization

New Features
    • Introducing Focus Mode
    • Introducing Screenrecord QS tile
    • Introducing Ambient Music
    • Introducing LEDs customization (available on devices which are led equipped)
    • Introducing ADB over network QS tile
    • Introducing Caffeine QS tile
    • Introducing Immersive QS tile
    • Introducing Full gesture mode for Cling navigation bar
    • Introducing Torch Gesture Shortcuts
    • Introducing Extended volume panel
    • Introducing Quick QS Pulldown
    • Introducing more QS personalization options
    • Introducing an option to mute notifications if screen is on
    • Introducing an option to lock powermenu usage on secured lockscreens
    • Introducing Media cover art on lockscreen
    • Introducing Screenshot tile (partial screenshot and full)

Misc Enhancements
    • Fixed an OP Gestures problem that was preventing gesture usage
    • when on Dialer/crashing apps
    • Improved algorithm for Descendant's UI Customization options

Launcher
    • Introducing native support for 3rd party iconpacks (this extends to Quickstep as well)
    • Introducing swipe down gestures available in Launcher settings

Sounds
    • Introducing Descendant Ringtones, Alarms and Notification sounds

Dialer
    • Keypads numbers will now follow system accent

Prebuilts
    • Added Kiwi Browser
    • Added Simple Calculator

Hadrware support updates
    • Synced to latest phh sources plus the following addition:
    • Fixed NFC for PRA;
    • Fixed an error that was preventing RIL to work on some Samsung devices;
    • Fixed Daisy camera on DND error

Click here to see the changes with your own eyes
    GApps adviced:SimpleGApps
    Security Patches:2019-02-05

Downloads:
    NOTE THAT THIS UPDATE REQUIRES FULL WIPES EVEN IF YOU WERE ON A PREVIOUS DESCENDANT VERSION
    A special thanks goes to @linuxct for providing his awesome space to let Descendant be.
    A year has gone by and we have pushed ourselves to the limit to offer our very best product, with bleeding edge technology and never seen before features, as well as offering the userbase a whole different take on Android UI & UX.
    We're sad to say that Descendant isn't just capable to keep up with this for the upcoming Android Q release with our current means, so we are calling it a day.

Still, we'd thank you all for the feedback provided up till now, we're very proud of what we have achieved.

Sayonara, Descendants.
    Descendant TwoDotTwo

Changelog:

ThumbUI Enhancements:
    • Google Dialer;
    • Google Messages;
    • YouTube;
    • Fixed a doubled bar in some Settings fragments like app permissions and wifi
    • QS Tile is now available
    Misc Enhancements:
    • Corrected roundiness behaviour for Settings Searchbar
    • Added more drawables in Settings
    • Fixed non default false value on QS quick pulldown
    • Added Wifi sleep policies
    • Assistant can now be called with home button longpress
    • Replaced RetroMusic with Phonograph
    • New ringtones and notifications sounds
    • Reimplementation of Extended volume panel
    • Apps that weren't updatable via PlayStore are now correctly behaving
    • Fixed a wrong behaviour of "Disable apps feature" that was preventing the disabled apps to be re-enabled
    • Uptime has been reinherited in Settings

Downloads:
    ARM64 A
    ARM64 AB
    ARM A ONLY

Older Changelogs