Themes / Apps / Mods SPayToGPay: Remap Samsung Pay long-press shortcut to Google Pay on watches in regions shipping without Samsung Pay

Search This thread

blunden

Jun 11, 2009
There are regions where Samsung Pay isn't supported, and the app is therefore not preinstalled on the watch. As a result, those users are unable to use apps such as GW4Remap to remap the bottom button long-press shortcut to anything else. In order to help that group of users, I made a simple app that remaps the shortcut to Google Pay.

The app works by simply being a fake Samsung Pay app that launches Google Pay whenever it's invoked by the system through the use of the long-press shortcut. Since trying to install the app on a watch where the real Samsung Pay has been preinstalled will result in a signature mismatch, this only works on watches from regions where Samsung Pay isn't preinstalled.

NOTE: Requires rebooting the watch after installing the app.

EDIT: Version 1.1 works with Google Wallet.

EDIT 2: Version 1.2 hides it from the recent apps menu. No other changes.

EDIT 3: Version 1.3 adds support for Wear OS 4.0 (One UI 5). Make sure to read the updated instructions on the release page.

Last edited:

niff2005

Jan 11, 2020
So I went through the installed packages using bugjaeger and I saw that samsung pay did install but long pressing the button doesn't do anything

blunden

Jun 11, 2009
So I went through the installed packages using bugjaeger and I saw that samsung pay did install but long pressing the button doesn't do anything
When you say that Samsung Pay shows as installed, can you be more exact? Do you mean the package name or an app with that name?

Can you show me a logcat? The person on reddit testing it for me said that it worked for him but I don't know the exact details.

niff2005

Jan 11, 2020
When you say that Samsung Pay shows as installed, can you be more exact? Do you mean the package name or an app with that name?

Can you show me a logcat? The person on reddit testing it for me said that it worked for him but I don't know the exact details.
yeah the package name, not an app. Also, I'm the same person over on reddit so it's pointless to have 2 conversations using both reddit and xda, I'll keep you updated on reddit

niff2005

Jan 11, 2020
You got it working now, right? :)
yep! thx for your work. btw I have noticed it only works when you're on the main watchfacew so If you're in an app and then long press it, it won't work. Wish I'd known that before I went to the store the other day, would've saved me from an embarrasing interaction

blunden

Jun 11, 2009
yep! thx for your work. btw I have noticed it only works when you're on the main watchfacew so If you're in an app and then long press it, it won't work. Wish I'd known that before I went to the store the other day, would've saved me from an embarrasing interaction
Great!

Yeah, that's how it always worked. :D Having it work within apps would prevent apps that listen for key presses from working properly.

niff2005

Jan 11, 2020
Hi, it doesn't seem to launch Google Pay with the new Google Wallet update on my watch. Just thought I'd let u know

Reactions: blunden

73sydney

Account currently disabled

blunden

Jun 11, 2009
See the updated first post for a link to the updated app.

It doesn't hurt to launch Google Wallet once, although not sure if that's actually required or not. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are regions where Samsung Pay isn't supported, and the app is therefore not preinstalled on the watch. As a result, those users are unable to use apps such as GW4Remap to remap the bottom button long-press shortcut to anything else. In order to help that group of users, I made a simple app that remaps the shortcut to Google Pay.

The app works by simply being a fake Samsung Pay app that launches Google Pay whenever it's invoked by the system through the use of the long-press shortcut. Since trying to install the app on a watch where the real Samsung Pay has been preinstalled will result in a signature mismatch, this only works on watches from regions where Samsung Pay isn't preinstalled.

NOTE: Requires rebooting the watch after installing the app.

EDIT: Version 1.1 works with Google Wallet.

EDIT 2: Version 1.2 hides it from the recent apps menu. No other changes.

EDIT 3: Version 1.3 adds support for Wear OS 4.0 (One UI 5). Make sure to read the updated instructions on the release page.
    Version 1.3 adds support for Wear OS 4.0 (One UI 5). Make sure to read the updated instructions on the release page.
    See the updated first post for a link to the updated app.

It doesn't hurt to launch Google Wallet once, although not sure if that's actually required or not. :)
    Working really well for me, installed it and it does the job.
    Just updated my watch yesterday and noticed the old version stopped working, installed the new one and it works perfectly without even rebooting, thank you!