Spb as default today screen

Search This thread

Ken Pendlebury

Oct 25, 2007
Not working?

Thank you very much for taking the time to do this...

However, I have installed the cab and made sure that the today plugin is selected. When I go to the today screen nothing happens.

I have a Samsung SCH-i760 device running WM6. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
Thank you very much for taking the time to do this...

However, I have installed the cab and made sure that the today plugin is selected. When I go to the today screen nothing happens.

I have a Samsung SCH-i760 device running WM6. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks

did you soft reset your device after installation?

dacib

Jan 2, 2008
I've got a problem, when I click on the weather to select a city there is nothing showing up, no cityies. Can anybody please help me ?

Thank you

henkla

Mar 8, 2008
Be careful when using this cab.
I installed this tool on my german htc touch and now the device freezes all the time.
There is an error message saying " can`t open file MenuLauncher. Perhaps this file is not signed or one of its component is missing".
Then my device is showing the rotating icon for searching and doesn`t accept any input. How can i get rid of this without having to hardreset my htc ? After soft reset the device is still running in this error message, and active sync will not recognize my ppc to uninstall from there, so I need some help please.......

Copy the file "MenuLauncher.exe" from \Programme\Spb Mobile Shell\ to \Program Files\Spb Mobile\Shell\ and it will work.

grandpareza

Jan 5, 2008
I modified the memwatcher sdk sample to launch spb now screen whenever user gets to today screen. Install the CAB file and every time when you return to today screen it'll quickly put you back at spb now screen.

thanks. this just made buying spb worth buying. :)
I dont know why spb didn't do this in the first place...

Edit: hmm, now its bugging out. When I tap on weather update it bugs out and sends me back to Today screen, which sends me back to the main spb now...happens randomly...any ideas?

Last edited:

svidrod

Mar 27, 2008
if only there was a way to replace the close button with a lock button. i like the now screen, but i want to be able to lock it from that screen w/out having to switch to the main menu

Rednes

Mar 10, 2008
Nice solution!

Very nice solution!

I only got 1 problem;

Is it possible to fill the sim pin automaticly? Something like "save pin"?

Or a program to do so?

Thanks!

SirReX

Mar 30, 2008
Originally Posted by Rod65
I installed this tool on my german htc touch and now the device freezes all the time.
There is an error message saying " can`t open file MenuLauncher. Perhaps this file is not signed or one of its component is missing".
Then my device is showing the rotating icon for searching and doesn`t accept any input. How can i get rid of this without having to hardreset my htc ? After soft reset the device is still running in this error message, and active sync will not recognize my ppc to uninstall from there, so I need some help please.......

Copy the file "MenuLauncher.exe" from \Programme\Spb Mobile Shell\ to \Program Files\Spb Mobile\Shell\ and it will work.

I have the same problem. so I had uninstall it ...

the folder program files doesnt exist.... so what could I do ? pls help

Rod65

Oct 1, 2007
Moenchengladbach
Originally Posted by Rod65

I have the same problem. so I had uninstall it ...

the folder program files doesnt exist.... so what could I do ? pls help

You`ll have to create it yourself

SirReX

Mar 30, 2008
thank you that works !

but when I did the softreset the normal today screen appears and nothing happend....

So I must push the button SPB Menü on the right and then I get my sbp mobile shell ....

hmmm so it doesn't really works ?!

any ideas ?

Last edited:

AshMa

Mar 25, 2008
Malibu, CA
Hello!

I would like to find a way to go back to the Spb Menu (the main menu with the grid of My Menu, Organizer, Programs, etc). When I'm in this Spb Menu and I click on a program to launch, after closing the program, I get taken back to the WinMobile 6 Today screen instead of back inside the Spb Menu where I want to be taken back, after any launch and close from within it. Hope this makes sense.

mchapman007

Nov 23, 2007
Draper
Hello!

I would like to find a way to go back to the Spb Menu (the main menu with the grid of My Menu, Organizer, Programs, etc). When I'm in this Spb Menu and I click on a program to launch, after closing the program, I get taken back to the WinMobile 6 Today screen instead of back inside the Spb Menu where I want to be taken back, after any launch and close from within it. Hope this makes sense.

Common problem with Mobile Shell 2.0. There may be a reg edit somewhere... I believe this issue has been brought up in the Spb forums and there may be a work around there also.

Rednes

Mar 10, 2008
sim pin before now screen

Hi all, and again, thx for the .cab and info.

I'm still having the following issue;
SPB MS starts before the screen to put in the sim pin does, so I have to go out of SPB MS and put in the pin by choosing the settings of the phone connection.

Normally the sim pin screen starts before every other program, so I would really wanna know how I could change the priority of programs that are in the startup folder, or if it's possible to define ur sim pin with some tool/hack so you don't have to put it in when you softreset.

Thx!

skynet08

Mar 27, 2008
if only there was a way to replace the close button with a lock button. i like the now screen, but i want to be able to lock it from that screen w/out having to switch to the main menu
That'S exactly what I need. Anyone has any idea how to do this?
My workaround was to set the S2U2 activate if the backlight goes off. And in the settings I set the backlight to switch off after 10 seconds. So I can just wait 10 seconds in the spb Home Menu and wait till the backlight goes off and activates the S2U2 :)

coolguy

Jun 19, 2007
How do you guys manage your missed calls/voicemails/reminders - To repeat alerts?

Before on today screen I used to have phonealarm.. but now since I installed SPBWatcher, I cannot use Today screen .. which is good

But, when a missed call is there phonealarm keeps beeping until I touch the ico n on Todayscreen..

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone