Speaker too silent

Search This thread

krabicka3

Dec 5, 2007
Prague
Hi guys! Has anyone experienced not very loud speaker while calling? Whe you are making a call you have to put volume to highest level to hear at least something. I don't have a Raph yet but I'm hearing this from multiple people. Can someone please write me how is he/she happy with the phone's speaker (the one you put to your ear when making a call) loudness?
Thanx

b0yce

Feb 15, 2006
Hopefully the other people have actually taken the Screen Protector that comes on the device whilst in the box off and replaced it with the separate one provided. The protector provided has the necessary holes for the sound to come out so you can here.

With that done, the sound on mine is more than sufficient and I can get away with 60-70% volume in a London street.

johnkorver

Dec 16, 2004
It has nothing to do with the screenprotector.

I have both devices side by side and called to my voicemail on the same number and the phone speaker on the Raphael is definitely not as strong as the one on the Diamond.

I have a hard time deciding which device to keep as speaker volume is important to me.

But the volume on the Diamond speaker is much higher than on my previous devices as the Touch, TyTN II, etc.

Hope HTC issues a ROM update to increase the volume as the hardware should be identical

michaelvaes

Apr 23, 2008
Hi,

I'm having the same issue with the speaker compared to my TyTN II, hopefully there will be a fix..

Michaël

fotoingo

Jun 22, 2007
Same here.

Loudspeakervolume is really low... :-(
(compared to a Hermes, Diamond and TyTN II)

Maybe there is a Registryhack for changing this ?

johnkorver

Dec 16, 2004
This app doesn't work.
Can't load the driver.

Interestingly the volume and sound through the headphones is great, exactly the same as the diamond.
You should think, because the hardware on the 2 devices is the same it really is a software problem.

Is there a registry setting for the earpeace volume??

Errorwww

Sep 23, 2007
This app doesn't work.
Can't load the driver.

Interestingly the volume and sound through the headphones is great, exactly the same as the diamond.
You should think, because the hardware on the 2 devices is the same it really is a software problem.

Is there a registry setting for the earpeace volume??
anybody??????

docclayton

Aug 7, 2008
Low volume speaker and poor signal strenth problems

My phone speaker is also almost unusable on highest volume setting. Listening to music on the rear speakerphone is fine.

Tried doing a hard reset to see if Skype or another add-on program screwed up the software and no go -- still same problem!!

Second issue...I have the UK version of Raphael and am currently using it on ATT network in the USVI and signal strength is very labile and weaker than on a cheap phone when compared side by side. Could this be the radio software on the Quad band UK version or poor antenna on the Raphael.

Very disappointd with both poor sound quality AND poor signal strength.

Any and all thoughts and constructive comments welcome!

docclayton

docclayton

Aug 7, 2008
Anothe quick note....called HTC support this am and they are NOT allegedly aware of this speaker problem.

GlobalM3

Aug 13, 2008
This is almost making my device not usable... If they dont fix this asap I will get rid of the device :(

johnkorver

Dec 16, 2004
I think we should all call HTC support to make them aware of the speaker problem.

I will call them today, but they probably will tell me to send in the unit for repair or something like that.
:-(

Innovative

Aug 28, 2006
Bucharest
Speaker problem

I confirm the same speaker problem. Unfortunately I can not hear the phone call. Music plays ok, but the speaker volume when receiving a call is incredibly low. Any solution?!?