Speakerphone (loudness, clarity)

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Proper etiquette aside (hint: don't use speakerphone while doing your "business" in a public bathroom), rate this thread to express how you think the HTC U Ultra's speakerphone performs. A higher rating indicates that you love it: it's loud and it's clear.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Frofire

Sep 23, 2016
USonic headphone :good: ; Speak is loud

The USoic headphones are really good. Bass is strong. If the ear scan feature is activited, some noise is then introduced as the result of the algorithm trying to balance the sound when you play quiet music like piano ones, but the feature can be turned off easily through notification screen.

The speaker, however, does not produce strong bass at all. But sound is clear, and no cracking even at max volumn. Max volumn is also really high on the speaker. A lot of times the ringtone gives me heart attacks when it is on my computer desk.

It is dual speaker, as in the one you use for phone and bottom firing speaker can both produce sound. However, unlike M9 or previous dual speakers, it is not entirely stereo, and the impression it gives me is that they seems to cover different part of frequency range.

In short, other than the lack of bass for the speaker, I absolutely have no other complains about the sound part of this U Ultra.

petvas

Feb 25, 2009
Mannheim
The speaker has enough bass when boomsound is set to music mode. In the default theater mode, I agree that it has almost no bass. I prefer music mode to theater mode. With my HTC 10 I always prefered the theater mode, so I guess HTC changed something in the configuration for the HTC U Ultra.
Actually I wanted to start a new thread and ask what is your preference. Do you use theater mode or music mode?

Apr 11, 2018
The speaker has enough bass when boomsound is set to music mode. In the default theater mode, I agree that it has almost no bass. I prefer music mode to theater mode. With my HTC 10 I always prefered the theater mode, so I guess HTC changed something in the configuration for the HTC U Ultra.
Actually I wanted to start a new thread and ask what is your preference. Do you use theater mode or music mode?

do you think the htc 10 has better speaker system??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    USonic headphone :good: ; Speak is loud

The USoic headphones are really good. Bass is strong. If the ear scan feature is activited, some noise is then introduced as the result of the algorithm trying to balance the sound when you play quiet music like piano ones, but the feature can be turned off easily through notification screen.

The speaker, however, does not produce strong bass at all. But sound is clear, and no cracking even at max volumn. Max volumn is also really high on the speaker. A lot of times the ringtone gives me heart attacks when it is on my computer desk.

It is dual speaker, as in the one you use for phone and bottom firing speaker can both produce sound. However, unlike M9 or previous dual speakers, it is not entirely stereo, and the impression it gives me is that they seems to cover different part of frequency range.

In short, other than the lack of bass for the speaker, I absolutely have no other complains about the sound part of this U Ultra.