Speakerphone (loudness, clarity)

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Proper etiquette aside (hint: don't use speakerphone while doing your "business" in a public bathroom), rate this thread to express how you think the Google Pixel 3a's speakerphone performs. A higher rating indicates that you love it: it's loud and it's clear.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

nowster

• Dec 30, 2012
    After January's security pack update, the upper speaker is kinda "vibrating" when the volume is set up to maximum. How to fix this?
    Reboot. It'll fix it for a while.

I think something is happening when you connect a bluetooth device which messes up the volume settings.

Lordificated

Jul 12, 2011
    Had the same buzzing before and after update on upper speaker on full volume some times... Just leanrned to live with it.
    And the maximum sound of this phone is one of its weakpoints.

Considering LG V40 over 3a just coz of poor quality of sound... I remember, I never heard my Nexus 5 ringing from my pocket or the next room... is 3a sound that low and bad?

Tomar777

Nov 10, 2016
    Google Pixel 3a
    Considering LG V40 over 3a just coz of poor quality of sound... I remember, I never heard my Nexus 5 ringing from my pocket or the next room... is 3a sound that low and bad?

i dont know if they fix something, but after a couple of months i have changed ringtone and the ring volume is "ok" (not ultra loud but i hear it from the next room) and this buzzing is gone.