Speed Mod for the Lgv20 Stock Oreo & image retention fix + Boeffla Wakelock blocker (root only)

Search This thread

nickb2b

Mar 4, 2016
Do you think the internet speed tweak will help apps like Libby, Kindle, and Amazon music that load images from the web? Scrolling in these apps is jerky as they are loading the content from the web, even on my 5G home wireless connection.

Darnrain1

Jan 2, 2018
USA
Do you think the internet speed tweak will help apps like Libby, Kindle, and Amazon music that load images from the web? Scrolling in these apps is jerky as they are loading the content from the web, even on my 5G home wireless connection.
The internet speed tweak is for IPv4. It's not for IPv6. But yeah should improve everything on the home internet. And also LTE. It uses IPv4 also. Do you see an improvement?

nickb2b

Mar 4, 2016
The internet speed tweak is for IPv4. It's not for IPv6. But yeah should improve everything on the home internet. And also LTE. It uses IPv4 also. Do you see an improvement?
Yes, it does seem to be faster. Now that I see your new updated script I may try that. I'm on A/O Oreo, I see I have to "reinstall", does this mean I can boot into TWRP and re-install A/O rom or do I need to go back to Nougat, root, and then install A/O?

Darnrain1

Jan 2, 2018
USA
Yes, it does seem to be faster. Now that I see your new updated script I may try that. I'm on A/O Oreo, I see I have to "reinstall", does this mean I can boot into TWRP and re-install A/O rom or do I need to go back to Nougat, root, and then install A/O?
Your talking about Auto_Debloat. You only need to start at step one, from the install guide. Just format data and reinstall everything. :)

Darnrain1

Jan 2, 2018
USA
Note: Flashing this mod when running the Lemon_Drop rom, will remove the swap file. To fix just flash the latest version of Auto_Debloat again. I made this page before the Speed Mod was included in Auto_Debloat. But if your not running the Lemon_Drop rom feel free to flash this mod.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damages caused to your phone. Use the mod at your own risk there is no warranty or guarantee.

I made this mod to speed up the phone. Thermal throttling is enabled. This mod runs post boot before Stock Oreo get's loaded. No need for Kernel Adiutor, The speed mod will make all the tweaks for the Lgv20 to run at it's maximum performance & prolong the battery life.

Note: Flashing this mod when running the Lemon_Drop rom, will remove Zram. To fix just flash the latest version of Auto_Debloat again. I made this page before the Speed Mod was included in Auto_Debloat.

Updated on 9-10-22
    You can just flash on top of older versions to update

This twrp mod only touches two files:

"/system/vendor/bin/init.qcom.post_boot.sh" permissions are 0 2000 0755
    "/system/media/display/calib.cfg" permissions are 0 0 0644

You can back them up before install, or just flash the latest uninstaller.

Requirements:

TWRP
    Lgv20 msm8996 aka Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
    Stock Oreo 8.0
    ezV2020 Kernel Stock Oreo 8.0 Kernel, This is what makes this Speed Mod possible
    Uninstall Kernel Adiutor

How to install?
    Download the version you want to use. If your not sure what version you want, v4.2 is good. It is the speed mod and will fix the image retention issue on the Lgv20 phone, on start up.

You may also want Boeffla_Wakelock_blocker_readme.zip with v5.4, instructions on how to use the Boeffla Wakelock blocker.

Flash in twrp wipe dalvik cache and reboot.

All the versions have the latest speed mod. Flash on top of older versions to update.
    v3.15 Speed mod only
    v4.15 speed mod + image retention fix lgv20
    v5.15 speed mod + image retention fix lgv20 + Boeffla Wakelock blocker

new
    Lemon_Drop A Debloated & DeGoogled Stock Oreo Rom for the H910 & Most Lgv20 phones. VoLTE and WiFi-Calling working.

Update notes

New v3.15
    Trying to save a little bit of battery life without sacrificing speed.

New v3.14
    Added disk scheduler to noop for micro sdcard.

New v3.13
    fixed image retention issue on v4.13 and v5.13 it's the best I can fix.

New v3.12
    Change disk scheduler to noop. Some other tweaks to improve speed and battery life.

New v3.11
    This should speed up the phone a little bit more. Should also save battery life. I tweaked the sched_upmigrate and sched_downmigrate. The up is set to 95% and down is set to 90%. So if a task is using more that 95% of cpu it will go the big cpu and vice versa.

New v3.10
    Tweaked the Entropy tweak a little bit.

New v3.9
    Added an entropy tweak. This should improve the speed of the phone and prevent lag.

New v3.8
    Changed the disk speed tweaks. Much faster now.

New v3.7
    Some tweaks, some fixes. haha lazy to note it should be faster that other versions.

New v3.6
    Some more kernel tweaks, and an internet kernel speed tweak. I think it's faster.

New v3.5 Speed Mod
    It's faster, changed the cpu sample rate to 19000 that seems to be in the butter zone. What's odd is, my music sounds amazing with this version. I think I am keeping this one.

New v3.4 Speed Mod
    Changed disk scheduler from noop to deadline, deadline prioritises reads over writes so it should improve performance a little bit.

As for the Auto Brightness fix, I made it more sensitive. If you are in the house and set a brightness to say 30, then go out side in direct sun light it will change to 100, but if you go back into the house it should change back to 30 or what ever setting you have chosen.

You need the latest version of the Uninstaller to uninstall this version.

New v3.3 Speed Mod
    Changed ondemand governor back to 95% on cpu usage before it kicks up to full speed, might save a little battery power.

v4.3 & v5.3 found stock calib.cfg that file will fix the Auto Brightness issue on the Lgv20 running stock Oreo, aka Assertive Display.

What is a Sunlight or Assertive Display? - Gary explains

You need the latest uninstaller to uninstall this version. Flash on top of older versions to update. enjoy

New v3.2 Speed Mod
    Tweaked disk cache settings, it's faster than v3.1. I updated v4.2 and v5.2 changed the KCAL settings, drastically improved contrast and colors & no image retention. Flash on top of older versions to update.

Red = 250
    Green = 250
    Blue = 235
    Minimum = 35
    Saturation = 27
    Hue = 1520
    Value = 112
    Contract = 132

New v3.1 speed mod
    Changed the ondemand governor sample rate 20000. Took me awhile to find the perfect sample rate, but I found it. Also Increased the read ahead on microsd card to 512k. This is the most well optimized version I have ever made. Good battery life and increased speed.

New v2.6 speed mod
    Changed the Sample rate of the Ondemand Governor. Should extend battery life.

New v2.5 version of speed mod
    Changed the read ahead to 256k for all drives. Tweaked the speed of the eMMC drive a little. It should be faster than v2.4.

New v2.4 version of speed mod.

I was able to increase the speed of the eMMC drive so apps load quicker. Also increased battery life. Sometimes I update this speed mod like once a month, so you may want to check back to see if there is an update.

Credits, A Special Thank You
    @ezzony - for the ezV2020 kernel. XDA
    @askermk2000 - for the MK2000 kernel. XDA
    @helf for the KCAL settings in v4.2 & v5.2 XDA
    at MiguelNdeCarvalho for the Stock calib.cfg aka auto brightness fix github
    at Gary Sims over at androidauthority.com on what Assertive Display is.

And everyone else that I may have missed that helped with the Lgv20.
    Thank you all, for helping make the Lgv20 phone one of the best rooted phones of all time.
    Got 1.4 done. My phone runs so much faster now, it's like having a brand new phone. Version 1.4 should be the final version. Recommended: Everyone that downloaded the previous versions install the new v1.4
    Finally there is a solution of image retention for non-root v20, I only unlock BL and have TWRP, flashed it then reboot and never see the image retention again.
    Very appreciate for your development!!!

H990DS 8.0 V20B+ezV2020+This Mod v4.2
    Hey everyone, I had fun making theses. Enjoy

v1.5 Speed mod only
    v1.6 speed mod + image retention fix lgv20
    v1.7 speed mod + image retention fix lgv20 + Google quick search wakelock block.
    v1.8 speed mod + image retention fix lgv20 + Ultimate Battery savings mode
    Just flashed 1.7.1. Will report back once I get to use it for a bit. Thanks!