Spice MI 350n Custom/Modded/Ported ROMS

DROIDPM

Apr 2, 2012
Mumbai
GBSandwich

:good:Features / Highlights / Changelog

....Not writing anything about the features included, as screen shots tells you all. It is for you all to explore & get amazed & write the changelog on my behalf....

But one thing to be warned : Play Music in GBSandwich with caution & do not turn your volume too high using GBSandwich Sound Mod or else it may damage your earpiece along with your ears....

SCREENSHOTS

"GBSandwich" can be flashed through any custom recovery.
ad2sdx / data2ext MOD should be flashed only after one complete boot of the new ROM

FLASH it n njoy ....

CREDITS in RANDOM ORDER for making possible GBSandwich

1. Google for releasing such a fantastic platform which is OPENSOURCE.
2. XDA forum for enabling me learn anything & everything regarding Android ROMS. Any questions or doubts - I always get a solution here.
3. Our Spice Mi 350n community for the encouragement to make "GBSandwich" possible due to the gr8 support I received with Sense'O'GB.
4. Our friend BALA for developing the first custom ROM ever for MI 350n which is & always be a source of inspiration for me.
5. All developers, modders, programmers etc whose work I have taken knowingly or unknowingly.....
a) Haiduongbk (for the base ROM Android 2.3.6)
b) Banjo (ext4, mbcache & other modules & his ROMS for reference)
d) Amarullz (for Aroma Installer)
e) Bruno Martin (Boot/Recovery/Logo file unpacking & repacking scripts & his ROMS for reference)
f) Bala (for ICS style settings tutorial)
g) Casacristo (for ext2 module)
h) tazzz811 (for data2ext script)
h) CM team (for the cyanogen dsp)
i) All other devs whose work I have included as added apps & utilities

IMP : Many Many Thanks to Yasirmujtaba for designing a New GBSandwich logo

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTONS

• Download GBSandwichV3 from the link
  • Put the GBSandwichV3.zip in root of your sdcard
  • Reboot to recovery mode
  • Wipe all (Factrory Reset) Data & Cache
  • Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Start Install GBSandwichV3.zip
  • Aroma Installer will start automatically & guide you through the Installation Process
  • After Installation is fully complete, Reboot your device.
  • First Boot will take more time. Don't worry its totally normal.
  • Once device boots up, let it settle down properly till 2 to 3 minutes.
  • Enjoy GBSandwichV3 with Better Sound Experience, Buttery Smooth Transitions, & Better Camera Performance.
IMP NOTE : If status bar icons does not show up after the first flashing of the ROM, just drag down the status bar & put on airplane mode once & put off. Status bar would show up after the same.

ENJOY FOR THE TIME BEING . . . . .

D O W N L O A D G B S A N D W I C HV3

.... Important Update for Data2Ext & toher changes .... :

.... UPDATE GBSANDWICH V3.0.5 ....

Last edited:

DROIDPM

Apr 2, 2012
Mumbai
Spicy miui coming soon . . . . .

COMING SOON SPICY MIUI . . . . . . .

Full MIUI themed & UI

All MIUI (.mtz) themes support

Default MIUI dark / orange color theme

Hundreds of online themes available for download with customization options

Whole new refreshing looks with completely different & classy UI

5 MP AF Camera port included

Much More >>>>>>

Keep a watch here . . . . . .

Last edited:

DROIDPM

Apr 2, 2012
Mumbai
Hi Yasir,

Aroma installer is a touch based interface in recovery mode for ROM installations. You don't have to do nothing just follow the steps mentioned as it comes up on screen.

PLEASE NOTE I HAVE NOT CONFIGURED (need time) "AROMA" FOR CUSTOMISED PACKAGE INSTALLATIONS. SO IF YOU SELECT IT, IT WILL INSTALL ONLY THE DEFAULT PACKAGE (full rom).

Enjoy "GBSandwich"!!!!

spicemi350n

Mar 15, 2012
thank you very much for your gbsandwich

don't very about delay it has it's own fruit....:laugh:

thanks again for GBSABDWICH .........

Last edited:

yogisays09

Mar 29, 2012
Navi Mumbai
No reviews yet! Wish i had the device here with me at work in Iraq! Will be back home within 15 days to try it out! Asked my wife to download and flash on her phone, but she says not interested get me a new phone :)

DROIDPM

Apr 2, 2012
Mumbai
front cam not working? is it working in video call?

Yes Billamin

Front cam is not working. Video calling works well but not with front cam. I will solve the bug & the other two minor bugs ASAP & update.

Have you tried it. Do leave your comments & feedback after trying. It has a lot of customization features under SETTINGS->DROIDPM EXTRAS for individual to change according to personal taste.

spikywits

Nov 20, 2010
Good work DROIDPM. Could you add some screenshots which will give some idea how the new UI and framework mods looks like?
Thanks again and keep us posted with updates.

mmrehman555

May 24, 2012
YAVATMAL
AROMA INSTALLER
@My friend DPM
Does Aroma Installer come from your home kitchen?????
Is it your creation?????
Be a man, Don't suppress the name of original creator while explaining their work.....
Last time you did the same thing you was giving data2ext tutorials like is like your work, who compiled ext4.ko You or banjo????
Dont forget you are just a porter not a Rom coocker like bala.....

As mention, in the android world of open source, we learn, we share& we grow together...We share knowledge on forums & for that, we should respect those who contribute & give credits to them if we use their work...
Regards....

ALL FRIENDS WHAT DO SAY ABOUT THIS ,PLEASE COMMENT....

DROIDPM

Apr 2, 2012
Mumbai

AROMA INSTALLER
@My friend DPM
Does Aroma Installer come from your home kitchen?????
Is it your creation?????
Be a man, Don't suppress the name of original creator while explaining their work.....
Last time you did the same thing you was giving data2ext tutorials like is like your work, who compiled ext4.ko You or banjo????
Dont forget you are just a porter not a Rom coocker like bala.....

As mention, in the android world of open source, we learn, we share& we grow together...We share knowledge on forums & for that, we should respect those who contribute & give credits to them if we use their work...
Regards....

ALL FRIENDS WHAT DO SAY ABOUT THIS ,PLEASE COMMENT....

Hi @mmrehman

I am very sorry to say that you misunderstood & made a mess of all the statements, which I never expected from a fellow MI350n user.
Can you please mention where did I tell that AROMA INSTALLER is developed by me? ITS A VERY WELL KNOWN FACT TO ALL THOSE WHO POST IN THESE KIND OF FORUMS, THAT IT IS DEVELOPED BY AMARULLZ. :confused: I am still confused whether at any point of time I did mention/introduc/boast myself as a ROM COOKER/ROM DEVELOPER. In fact I AM A MAN to openly admit in an open forum like XDA that I AM NOT AT ALL A ROM DEVELOPER. I HAVE TAKEN THINGS FROM HERE & THERE & MADE SOME PORTS WHICH WORKS ON OUR MI350n. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1528414&page=23 Please click above link to see the post by yourself & verify.
And if you are talking about the start up "logo" file which mentions "created by DroidPM", then please understand I am mentioning about "GBSandwich" which is a themed ROM & not AROMA, ext4.ko, Data2ext Mods etc etc.
Also talking about the tutorials (data2ext & aroma), I have configured AROMA for the ROM installation according to my needs & data2ext mod placings of files are different as compared to others (SCRIPTZ folder). Hence the tutorials posted are specific for my ROM(s), the way I utilized & configured them.
I once again request you to visit & check properly I have mentioned already tat I liked Bala's ROM a lot.Click HERE. I am not comparing myself or boasting of myself as a GR8 ROM DEVELOPER.
I very well know what I am, & what I am capable of & what not. I started porting ROMS out of my passion & for my own personal use with my own likings & taste. Then I thought of posting my work in XDA just thinking that others can also benefit from my work who are LIKEMINDED & having similar sought of taste as of mine. I have never done this ROM porting job for any kind of commercial benefits or to have fame. In fact if you follow my posts you will not get any (not a single) appeal for pressing Thanks Button or asking for donations.
Sorry if I am getting in to it a bit more than expected, but to be very frank, I am really hurt. Never expected this kind of behavior here. I agree due CREDITS should be given but that can be mentioned & told in a much generous way, not like the above mentioned by our friend @mm.

Last edited:

yasirmujtaba

Feb 7, 2012
Mahoba-A little Town
Exactly what I wanna hear from you dp bro....
I am also not a rom cooker not even a porter...:p
But I am here because of the fellow members and the community we have created....
So please leave this all behind and always remember

"WE ARE BROTHERS"(if a girl joins in future then don't treat her as your sis....lol);)

Sent from my Mi-350n using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: yogisays09

balamu96m

May 2, 2011
Chennai
Exactly what I wanna hear from you dp bro....
I am also not a rom cooker not even a porter...:p
But I am here because of the fellow members and the community we have created....
So please leave this all behind and always remember

"WE ARE BROTHERS"(if a girl joins in future then don't treat her as your sis....lol);)

Sent from my Mi-350n using Tapatalk 2
seeing you all after a long time.................we r all frnds helping each other.........no need to create problems in-between ourselves.............

Reactions: yogisays09

itsme12345

Sep 30, 2008
Great Rom Mate,, atleast now i had to take off my spice mi350n out of dustbin which i threw away few months back, This rom is really very good. Good work keep it up....

Reactions: DROIDPM

billamin

Mar 10, 2010
Kolkata
guys dont fight over credits etc...... nobody gives a damn about credits etc....... all they want is a good rom plus a tutorial explaining how to install it.......

DROIDPM

Apr 2, 2012
Mumbai
thanks

Great Rom Mate,, atleast now i had to take off my spice mi350n out of dustbin which i threw away few months back, This rom is really very good. Good work keep it up....

Thanks itsme12345

Atleast my modded/ported ROM has been of some use;). Don;t forget to update it with latest v1.0.4 which will fix data2ext problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsme12345

DROIDPM

Apr 2, 2012
Mumbai
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Data2Ext now fixed in GBSandwich. Update your phone to GBSandwich_v1.0.4 & enjoy Data2Ext. Update has already been pushed. Please download it from UpdatemeSmartPhone app present in app drawer.

Last edited: