• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Spigen Cases and drop protection

Search This thread

Darklandscape

Jun 19, 2021
Has anyone with a spigen case experienced drops onto the screen side? Did the phone survive?

I am asking becauase for this model spigen front lip only goes over the top and bottom, not the sides.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
They're suppose to be good. No side guards is an issue not just for face plants but to prevent accidental touches when holding.
I've been using the Zizo Bolt, it can suck up 3-4 foot drops onto concrete. I've inadvertently tested close to a dozen times. Easy to hold, stays clean and easy to clean. It's very durable except for it's inner case kickstand. Gone through 3 in a year.

They will replace it for $7, the case is $20.
It offers excellent spen corner protection which is the preferred touchdown corner in drops🤣
Because of its overall drop protection and ease of use, it's the only one I use. Because of possible material fatigue after a few hard corner hits it's best to replace it anyway. Coming up on the 2 year mark with zero damage to the 10+.

Always use a plastic screen protector, if you go bare the display will get scratched. Been using Gorilla IQ Sheild for over a year, on my second one. Cheap and durable.

Darklandscape

Jun 19, 2021
They're suppose to be good. No side guards is an issue not just for face plants but to prevent accidental touches when holding.
I've been using the Zizo Bolt, it can suck up 3-4 foot drops onto concrete. I've inadvertently tested close to a dozen times. Easy to hold, stays clean and easy to clean. It's very durable except for it's inner case kickstand. Gone through 3 in a year.

They will replace it for $7, the case is $20.
It offers excellent spen corner protection which is the preferred touchdown corner in drops🤣
Because of its overall drop protection and ease of use, it's the only one I use. Because of possible material fatigue after a few hard corner hits it's best to replace it anyway. Coming up on the 2 year mark with zero damage to the 10+.

Always use a plastic screen protector, if you go bare the display will get scratched. Been using Gorilla IQ Sheild for over a year, on my second one. Cheap and durabwhen
Is the $7 replacement only for manufacturing defects or does it apply to wear and tear?

I have the black/black one, have you tried the gunmetal gray one?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Is the $7 replacement only for manufacturing defects or does it apply to wear and tear?

I have the black/black one, have you tried the gunmetal gray one?
Blk/blk is my favorite, have both.

Wear isn't an issue with these cases, other than the kickstand they look like new after months of service. Many times I swap out the new kickstand and keep using the case🤣
I now have a black case with a grey kickstand.

Not Zizo's fault if it takes some hard corner hits so I don't turn those in. Plus the fact the visible damage is a slight shininess that indicates the material has been stressed rather than gross visible damage.
Sort of like a pair of shoes, they all wear out if you pound em.

The important thing for me is ease of use and keeping the 10+ from being damaged. If that costs me $20 every couple months, I'm good with that. After over 18 months there's zero damage to the 10+ in spite of some nasty drops onto concrete. I feel bad about those drops but I be feeling much worse if it had been damaged.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone with a spigen case experienced drops onto the screen side? Did the phone survive?

I am asking becauase for this model spigen front lip only goes over the top and bottom, not the sides.