Spigen tempered glass problems

Search This thread

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
I've had my Spigen tempered glass for about 3 weeks on this G3 and today it formed a number randomly on the side of the screen. It's not touching the outside (meaning it didn't break the seal) and there is absolutely no dust or dirt under it. The bubble wont go away and has gotten slightly bigger. I tried running a lot games to heat the phone up to see if it would re-adhere, however it would bit, I also tried pushing it down/our using a card and microfiber cloth. I've had many Spigen tempered glass when protectors before, but I haven't seen this issue pop up. It's unfortunate, and I really don't want to return it to amazon or exchange it and go through the hassle of another perfect installation. It should be noted that my phone did not over heat at all, I didn't drop it or do anything to cause this. It just showed up. Any ideas?

ED2O9

Sep 2, 2009
I'm experiencing the exact same problem with the iCarez tempered glass screen protector I installed less than two weeks ago. It started with a small separation on the left edge and is now halfway down the screen and it's about 1/8" wide. Nothing will make it stay down and it looks like crap.

shook187

Oct 1, 2010
Haverhill MA
What a complete waste of money these tempered glass screen protectors are. I ended up buying a couple different brands, I basically threw money away.. They all suffered different issues from separation to loss of touch screen sensitivity.. I ended up buying a 3 pack of cheap. 99 cent screen protectors and couldn't be happier with the results compared to the more expensive tempered glass ones.
www.amazon.com/dp/B00K8855AE/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_iSG3tb06JD7SATE7

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Theses pictures didn't come out great the s5 can't focus to save its life...

Attachments

• 1407095670654.jpg
    1407095670654.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 573
  • 1407095680379.jpg
    1407095680379.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Pretty sure that this is a known issue with most tempered screen protectors.

Known about most glass protectors on the G3 or all devices? Because if your saying on all devices you are dead wrong. Been using glass protectors from all sorts of different companies on every device I've owned and never once have I seen this occur.

Sent from my LG G3

Reactions: thegrants82

thegrants82

Mar 23, 2014
Known about most glass protectors on the G3 or all devices? Because if your saying on all devices you are dead wrong. Been using glass protectors from all sorts of different companies on every device I've owned and never once have I seen this occur.

Sent from my LG G3

Saying that you have used them on every device that you have owned isn't really saying much because they haven't even been out that long.........but good for you that they have worked well on everything thing that you have owned. Personally I think paying that much for a screen protector is a complete waste of money and I also feel the same about cases. Before you start telling me that you are getting them for 5 bucks, I am talking percentage wise.

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Saying that you have used them on every device that you have owned isn't really saying much because they haven't even been out that long.........but good for you that they have worked well on everything thing that you have owned. Personally I think paying that much for a screen protector is a complete waste of money and I also feel the same about cases. Before you start telling me that you are getting them for 5 bucks, I am talking percentage wise.

Ive had them on 4-5 phones now which is a fair amount (this includes my wife's phones as well). There wear zero issues with them at all. I don't mind spending the money on it because it's my preference. Back KB topic I called amazon who is replacing it and I contacted Spigen to ask them again what the issue is with the adhesive on these lately.

Edit

Also I have used the glass t.r, t, and nano from Spigen if that makes a difference

Pure+

May 28, 2013

They've been out for several years. I'd say that's a fair amount of time to become an established product. I've had them on about 20 to 30 devices. Ranging from smart phones, iPods, and tablets. And while you feel they aren't worth the money, which is fine your entitled to an opinion as is everyone, I disagree. I think that's it's not worth it to overlook a product which will save your screen in the unfortunate and unlikely event your phone takes a dive to the floor. For me, the 30 to 40 bucks for one of these is worth every penny and is not even close to the cost of replacing the phones screen. But that's just my opinion.

As far as the topic is concerned... I hope Amazon gets it all sorted for you. They are usually pretty good about these things.

Sent from my LG G3

thegrants82

Mar 23, 2014
They've been out for several years. I'd say that's a fair amount of time to become an established product. I've had them on about 20 to 30 devices. Ranging from smart phones, iPods, and tablets. And while you feel they aren't worth the money, which is fine your entitled to an opinion as is everyone, I disagree. I think that's it's not worth it to overlook a product which will save your screen in the unfortunate and unlikely event your phone takes a dive to the floor. For me, the 30 to 40 bucks for one of these is worth every penny and is not even close to the cost of replacing the phones screen. But that's just my opinion.

Sent from my LG G3

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Sent from my LG G3

40$ each on 30 devices as you say...that's 1200$ for freaking screen protectors! So over the course of 3 years average over 30$ a month on screen protectors alone....your screen protectors cost more than my home WiFi each month. Good for you!!!!!

Pure+

May 28, 2013
40$ each on 30 devices as you say...that's 1200$ for freaking screen protectors! So over the course of 3 years average over 30$ a month on screen protectors alone....your screen protectors cost more than my home WiFi each month. Good for you!!!!!

Average cost for one is 25. 20 to 30 devices most likely being closer to 20, but I could go count if you'd like. And of course "my devices" would include the 5 members of my family. So in terms of math let's say

$25 × 20 devices = $500

$500 ÷ 5 people = $100 per person

$100/person ÷ 4 or 5 years = $20/$25 a year

$20/$25 ÷ 12 months = $1.66/$2.08

Obviously not every one is the same price, but if I get them from Mime USA as I usually do it's $27 for their most expensive protector. But a couple bucks a month is nothing when we are talking about devices that cost anywhere from 500 to 900 bucks each depending on brand, memory, etc...

Again, as I said before, it's all preference/opinion. You have yours, which I respect and didn't attempt to call you out on or make it to seem ridicoulous now I only ask the courtesy of you doing the same. Sound reasonable bud?

Sent from my LG G3

thegrants82

Mar 23, 2014
Average cost for one is 25. 20 to 30 devices most likely being closer to 20, but I could go count if you'd like. And of course "my devices" would include the 5 members of my family. So in terms of math let's say

$25 × 20 devices = $500

$500 ÷ 5 people = $100 per person

$100/person ÷ 4 or 5 years = $20/$25 a year

$20/$25 ÷ 12 months = $1.66/$2.08

Obviously not every one is the same price, but if I get them from Mime USA as I usually do it's $27 for their most expensive protector. But a couple bucks a month is nothing when we are talking about devices that cost anywhere from 500 to 900 bucks each depending on brand, memory, etc...

Again, as I said before, it's all preference/opinion. You have yours, which I respect and didn't attempt to call you out on or make it to seem ridicoulous now I only ask the courtesy of you doing the same. Sound reasonable bud?

Sent from my LG G3

Reasonable? It was a predictable response because maybe it was eye opening for you. Sound reasonable bud? Good luck and please, keep buying those screen protectors.

canecbr600

Oct 27, 2008
I have the Spigen Glastr Nano Slim glass and absolutely love it! This is coming from a guy that has hated screen protectors till now. Hated glass n the past cause they were kinda thick, and u could easily feel the edge. This one has rounded (chamfered) edges. Also has a fingerprint resistant coating that actually works! My finger glides across it easier than the stock screen. Mostly its invisible. No one can tell its there, I have to point it out. And its designed to fit perfectly with the Slim Armor case. No bubbles of flaws at all. I highly recommend it!!!!

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
Just installed mine today. It's great, and will protect it from falls a lot better than a plastic protector (my main concern), and won't get scratched as easily. Also, it feels much nicer - your fingers really glide across it.

To the OP, did you move the protector after it touched the phone or did you get it right the first time?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pretty sure that this is a known issue with most tempered screen protectors.

Sent from my LG G3
    Let's get back on topic this isn't a OP about is x,y and z's opinion on whether or not it's worth the cost.