Splash screen freezing -> SOLUTION !!! DIY

Search This thread

Drug_Store

Aug 18, 2006
www.drugstore.gsmhosting.net
Damn... I walked around and around and solution was all near me and able to do it myself... :)

Ok here´s how I done it.

First, I must explain what was the problem.
After update the firmware (not actually upgrade, I had the phone full of trash, so I decided to reflash same firmware v2.18 PTG), the Qtek 9100 / HTC Wizard freezed at 2nd splash screen (the one that shows OS versions IPL version, ect). Tried many different versions, upgraded to 2.24, 2.25, downgraded even to 1.6.7.3, but always same problem, freezed on second splash screen. I read many topics on xda-dev, and seen some people with same problem. Apparently there was 2 solutions. 1- send phone back to warranty. 2- write backup ROM from SD in bootloader.

Passed more then 15 hours asking for this SD backup everywhere, and COULDN´T find any help. Apparently no one had this "SD dump ROM Backup".

So here´s how I solved my problem

1- I tought that a SD backup was needed, and yes it is. But u can use your own phone and your own SD to do it.

2- Get a clean SD card (in qtek 9100 / Htc Wizard case is MiniSD) with 128MB (some people say 64MB, but I personally used a 128MB, maybe a 64MB is enough)

3- Kill (task manager) wescomm.exe (this is related with activesync installed on your PC). Insert the blank SD card on the phone.

4- Get your phone in bootloader mode. Like this : Phone powered off, press Camera button + Power On, will enter in bootloader mode (RGB screen).

5- Now connect your USB cable to your phone. And start MTTY_updateROM.exe (http://wiki.xda-developers.com/uploads/romupdate.rar). After open, on Port selection, choose \\.\WCEUSBSH001 and press OK. A window will open with a blank sheet.

6- Type "r2sd all" and hit enter... wait to the end (at end shows "cmd>"). On your phone screen u can follow backup progress... small bar will appear down the RGB screen.

7- Power off the phone (or remove battery), enter bootloader mode (camera button + power on) and this time RGB won´t appear right away. Will ask if u want to "download SD image", press voice dial button to agree, and writting will begin. Wait to the end. Power off and power on normally. Now your phone should be working ok. Not even needed to reflash the phone after this.

Thanks to all and hope this helps more people with this problem :)

Reactions: delllaptop

aoakes

Sep 13, 2006
MA, USA
I can get the MDA in a bootloader mode with the RGB screen but I can't figure out how to get the SD Image Boot. When I open updateROM, it only gives me the seletion of COM1 and COM3. I can't gete any farther, help plz. i really want to use my MDA

Adam

eyal

Oct 2, 2006
Adam, you missed a step

Kill wescomm.exe as described in step 3 and you will be able to access via USB.

3- Kill (task manager) wescomm.exe (this is related with activesync installed on your PC). Insert the blank SD card on the phone.

nnnike

Oct 15, 2006
shanghai
not work with me; so sad what i can do?

I did all yr step till n7 but after i roobot same problems;it frozeen on the page where show IPL SPL GSM OL;
ANY SUGGESTION?please help me

naack

Mar 28, 2005
@nnnike i had the same problem as you did. ( getting stuck at the first splash screen) i jsut tryed this right now and greatly enough it did work !!! give it another shot it migh twork with you

i actually used my 2gig mini SD it wasnt clean ither :D
thank you so much for posting this Drug_Store. and for whoever worked on this. u guys are awsome

Last edited:

winderlome

Mar 9, 2006
I did exactly what you do, but

Ive got message from Multi port tty:
r2sd all
***** user area size = 0x3BA00000 Bytes

R2SDBackup() - Download type = 5
usTotalBlock = 1 sizeof(SDCARD_SIGNATRUE_TABLE)=512

You didn't get the proper security level to download a specific image

Cmd>
So, what is the next step? And did I doing something wrong?

mestrini

Jul 4, 2006
Lisboa
CID unlock?

I believe that your phones aren't CID unlocked.
I think that only CID unlocked phones or inputing the BOOTLOADER password will allow to backup wizard to SD card

tjmvdz

Aug 5, 2006
Netherlands
I've got the exact same problem, phone freezes at splash screen. Now I backed up a rom from a working cid-unlocked wizard, but after I tried loading it on my wizard it says 'don't allow update'. So what can I do now?

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
Thanks my phone is back!, now how can I get to use tha card again? I dont have a card reader for my pc, just the phone. Is ther something that I can use, because my device dont get any storage Card.

mestrini

Jul 4, 2006
Lisboa
Thanks my phone is back!, now how can I get to use tha card again? I dont have a card reader for my pc, just the phone. Is ther something that I can use, because my device dont get any storage Card.

I was forced to buy a multi-card reader to get my card back :D Fortunately that they are so cheap these days (less than 12€ for 31 diff cards)

Funny thing is that after formatting the card in Win2k the phone still asks if i wish to restore image when entering bootloader mode :confused:

cheers

mestrini

Jul 4, 2006
Lisboa
It stoppped asking to restore image when entering bootloader mode maybe because i've been using the card in normal PPC operations and the "r2sdall" area must have been overwritten

Drug_Store

Aug 18, 2006
www.drugstore.gsmhosting.net
Yes, data remain at SD card. Probably need to insert in SD card reader and format under windows system.

About the errors while reading the data to SD, I remind, to try in a fully clean SD card (formatted completly), and yes, might require that your phone be CID unlocked, but that part can also be done easily.

The data that is written on the SD will remain hidden, and are like system files. That´s why no one can share the needed files over the internet or download somewhere. Because can´t get the files out of there. However, if u seen in your file explorer in your phone some file might appear on card root. But also not sure if can copy it from there and later apply on a card and do this procedure.

fla242

Apr 3, 2004
I've got the exact same problem, phone freezes at splash screen. Now I backed up a rom from a working cid-unlocked wizard, but after I tried loading it on my wizard it says 'don't allow update'. So what can I do now?

Hello I think there is no way to restore a Sd backup on CID locked device.

I think the only possibility is to unlock CID with Imeicheck site (the process begin in bootloader mode) and then restore Sd image.

nicedude_abad

Nov 14, 2006
Thanks a TON for the help. I went on with a little diff solution. Went upto step 4 and got the bootloader and then installed the new update from O2 and it worked.

(The step 5-7 somehow didn't work for me so I did this and it worked.)

mgumus

Mar 22, 2007
Hi i have a mda vario 1 ipl and spl 1.06 i have got it unlocked whit a code thad i have got from t-mobile but this don't work for me i get the message: ***** user area size = 0x3CA0000 Bytes

R2SDBackup() - Download type = 5
usTotalBlock = 1 sizeof(SDCARD_SIGNATRUE_TABLE)=512

You didn't get the proper security level to download a specific image

what can be the problem can anybody help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Damn... I walked around and around and solution was all near me and able to do it myself... :)

Ok here´s how I done it.

First, I must explain what was the problem.
    After update the firmware (not actually upgrade, I had the phone full of trash, so I decided to reflash same firmware v2.18 PTG), the Qtek 9100 / HTC Wizard freezed at 2nd splash screen (the one that shows OS versions IPL version, ect). Tried many different versions, upgraded to 2.24, 2.25, downgraded even to 1.6.7.3, but always same problem, freezed on second splash screen. I read many topics on xda-dev, and seen some people with same problem. Apparently there was 2 solutions. 1- send phone back to warranty. 2- write backup ROM from SD in bootloader.

Passed more then 15 hours asking for this SD backup everywhere, and COULDN´T find any help. Apparently no one had this "SD dump ROM Backup".

So here´s how I solved my problem

1- I tought that a SD backup was needed, and yes it is. But u can use your own phone and your own SD to do it.

2- Get a clean SD card (in qtek 9100 / Htc Wizard case is MiniSD) with 128MB (some people say 64MB, but I personally used a 128MB, maybe a 64MB is enough)

4- Get your phone in bootloader mode. Like this : Phone powered off, press Camera button + Power On, will enter in bootloader mode (RGB screen).

5- Now connect your USB cable to your phone. And start MTTY_updateROM.exe (http://wiki.xda-developers.com/uploads/romupdate.rar). After open, on Port selection, choose \\.\WCEUSBSH001 and press OK. A window will open with a blank sheet.

6- Type "r2sd all" and hit enter... wait to the end (at end shows "cmd>"). On your phone screen u can follow backup progress... small bar will appear down the RGB screen.

7- Power off the phone (or remove battery), enter bootloader mode (camera button + power on) and this time RGB won´t appear right away. Will ask if u want to "download SD image", press voice dial button to agree, and writting will begin. Wait to the end. Power off and power on normally. Now your phone should be working ok. Not even needed to reflash the phone after this.

Thanks to all and hope this helps more people with this problem :)
    You were lost my friend.

Are you G4?

You were runing into the tutorial for G3 to be unlocked??

so please post now your informatin I mean ipl and that ****n things... ok?