SplashTool - convert old splash screen NB file to new format

Search This thread

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
I've created a small tool which will take a splash screen NB file created using madkat's NB image converter and convert it to the new splash screen format used in HTC Devices such as Kaiser or Titan. It just adds padding with zeros and the string "This is HTC splash signature" at the end.

Enjoy ;)

Attachments

• SplashTool.zip
    79.2 KB · Views: 13,166

havoc99

Apr 23, 2006
London
Image Converter not working.

Hello all.

It's been a while since I've been back here at XDA Dev. Was around when I had my Universal and hacked it to kingdom come. Now I have a HTC TyTN II. Had it for awhile. I've tried Dutty's ROMs and they are amazing. My problem is that I tried to create my splash images that I used to use on my Universal. However, the image convertor in the first post keeps giving me an error when I try to run it? I've attached the error. Was wondering if anyone could help. Also, is it possible to create the splash image from the Universal? However that one used to have a a 640x480 dimension. Let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 468

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
Hello all.

It's been a while since I've been back here at XDA Dev. Was around when I had my Universal and hacked it to kingdom come. Now I have a HTC TyTN II. Had it for awhile. I've tried Dutty's ROMs and they are amazing. My problem is that I tried to create my splash images that I used to use on my Universal. However, the image convertor in the first post keeps giving me an error when I try to run it? I've attached the error. Was wondering if anyone could help. Also, is it possible to create the splash image from the Universal? However that one used to have a a 640x480 dimension. Let me know. Thanks.

I tried the above s/w and it worked flawlessly..maybe u are getting this error because of the great VISTA...1 prblm thought..now i got it nb forat...what should i do now

Last edited:

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Is this compatible with the Herald/Wing?

Is this compatible with the Herald/Wing?

lllboredlll

Retired Recognized Developer
Hello all.

I use to mess with alot of .ocx files when making misc yahoo tools long long ago. My thought would be to download a new copy of comdlg32.ocx and re-register it. I'm sure if you do a search on google you'll find them all over yahoo booter sites and such. All their prog's are dependent on various ocx files.

havoc99

Apr 23, 2006
London
I use to mess with alot of .ocx files when making misc yahoo tools long long ago. My thought would be to download a new copy of comdlg32.ocx and re-register it. I'm sure if you do a search on google you'll find them all over yahoo booter sites and such. All their prog's are dependent on various ocx files.

Thanks. I actually got it working! :p ... Found it on google. Added the OCX libraries on my machine. Thanks again. Much appreciated.

thinice

Jun 26, 2008
Hello all.

For future reference:

Place the file in %SYSTEMROOT%\system32

e.g.: C:\Windows\system32

Attachments

• Comdlg32.zip
    60.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

creed

Feb 28, 2006
Hi just tried the converter but it's corrupted. I get the error message:

Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered. A file is missing or invalid.

I tried downloading it again but keep getting the same result.

*EDIT: Found the solution in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=334907&page=4 Post#37

This cabinet file contains the missing files which need to be put in the same folder as the nb converter.exe http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/comdlg32.cab

Last edited:

hot_water

Jul 19, 2009
I've created a small tool which will take a splash screen NB file created using madkat's NB image converter and convert it to the new splash screen format used in HTC Devices such as Kaiser or Titan. It just adds padding with zeros and the string "This is HTC splash signature" at the end.

Enjoy ;)

pof, thanks for ur great job:)
I'm wondering if u could have a tool that can convert the new splash format back to the old one?