SPLs for DREA100 & DREA110 (Orig, Eng, Hard) [updated 2009-05-12]

Search This thread

JesusFreke

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 23, 2008
Dallas
I'd like to know also. Apparently not though.

Thanks

I don't see why not. You would need a copy of the original bootloader though.

As far as I know, no-one has packaged the original bootloader into a convenient fastboot image, or nbh file yet. But I don't see any reason it's not possible.

slevin.yu

Dec 2, 2008
Where can I get the PC tool fastboot.exe ?
Would some one send me a copy of it?
my email is lunziyu[at]gmail[dot]com
Thanks!

JesusFreke

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 23, 2008
Dallas
There isn't one. At least not yet. You have to use linux or mac. You can download vmware server and install ubuntu, and use fastboot from there to connect to your G1.

slevin.yu

Dec 2, 2008
I have used linux to run fastboot...
When I execute "./fastboot devices", no devices showed and not any result
I think maybe the usb driver in windows is needed, so I installed vmware player to run a ubuntu vm, and I got the same result

So I really don't know how can I connect to my G1...

Last edited:

slevin.yu

Dec 2, 2008
I have used linux to run fastboot...
When I execute "./fastboot devices", no devices showed and not any result
I think maybe the usb driver in windows is needed, so I installed vmware player to run a ubuntu vm, and I got the same result

So I really don't know how can I connect to my G1...

Connected! I did ot use root user before:(

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
also, a good idea would be overwrite protection of the SPL (important: do it with a backdoor so you can still reflash back to stock spl for warranty) :p ==> Hard-SPL

damien667

Oct 27, 2008
cut out old spl from original nand dump

I took an entire nand dump and found where the spl started for the original bootloader. I saw how big the spl.bin is in the spl update zip file, took that many bytes out of my nand dump and I think I have an old_spl.bin now that can be put into a zip file for flashing it onto the phone... obviously would have to re-sign the package... anyone think this would be a good thing to have? :D

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
I took an entire nand dump and found where the spl started for the original bootloader. I saw how big the spl.bin is in the spl update zip file, took that many bytes out of my nand dump and I think I have an old_spl.bin now that can be put into a zip file for flashing it onto the phone... obviously would have to re-sign the package... anyone think this would be a good thing to have? :D

That would be cool. Did the dumping utility handle bad blocks?

bhang

Aug 19, 2006
megalopolis
sounds promising

Since you basiclly need a full dump with the start and end of the flash, now how to sneak it in on the OTA RC30s then use an JF RC30 .nbh file, I'm just theorizing as that is all I have the ability to do, besides testing sh1t like crazy.

Bhang

damien667

Oct 27, 2008
??

That would be cool. Did the dumping utility handle bad blocks?

Dumping utility? I used dd to write all of nvram out to a file on the SD card, then transfered that nvram image to my linux box and edited with a hex editor... I was not aware people had bad blocks. I would assume dd does a good copy.

damien667

Oct 27, 2008
Well... here's the update on my latest discovery...

I took an nvram dump of my phone, looked for the spl code and extracted it thinking that it should match up to the bin file for the engineering bootloader (since I've already flashed it)... and lo and behold... binaries differ... I'm thinking the nvram driver doesn't work in kernel all the way, or maybe something in hardware is messing up the dump... or maybe it's something else

damien667

Oct 27, 2008
never mind, I'm a newb... I did the math wrong and accidentally made the extracted spl from the nvram different than the spl.bin from the zip file in the engineering bootloader package... they actually do match!!!! this means (I'm 99% sure) that I have a spl.bin for the original bootloader (which I took from an nvram dump before I flashed the engineering bootloader)!!!