Question Spontaneous reboot and rollback of 9.9MB Google System Play Update

Search This thread

sanderbos

Nov 28, 2018
Amsterdam
On manually installing Google Play System Updates, I encounter problems.

I am on the April Android Security Update and also the April Google Play System Update (and no rooting or custom ROMs).

But there are still 2 Google Play System Updates waiting, one of 9.9MB and one of about 700KB that comes after that.

But after installating the 9.9MB patch, my phone will spontaneously reboot within one minute of starting the phone.

Not every time, I have sometimes rebooted my phone succesfully after installing the patch, and installed the second patch. But always after a couple of phone reboots, my phone will suddenly reboot after restarting the phone.
And when that happens (and only then), the 9.9MB patch is waiting for me again, so apparently it is rolled back when that happens.

I have found at least four forum threads online in different languages of people having the same problem, but I actually thought it would have more coverage.

(I have submitted a bug report with Samsung, previously they were quick to respond when I filed a bug report, but not this time)

wiresquire

Jan 19, 2011
I have noticed exactly the same issue. I haven't noticed the 700KB update. When I apply the 9.9MB April update, and reboot, the phone restarts itself before I can do anything else.

Sitting on the March Google Play System update, the phone seems to be working OK otherwise.

Reactions: sanderbos

sanderbos

Nov 28, 2018
Amsterdam
The May system update (so not the google play system update) appears to have fixed this issue. I am now fully up to date with patches for both system update (May) en google play system update (April), and could manually reboot 5 times without issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have noticed exactly the same issue. I haven't noticed the 700KB update. When I apply the 9.9MB April update, and reboot, the phone restarts itself before I can do anything else.

Sitting on the March Google Play System update, the phone seems to be working OK otherwise.