• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Spotify is acting odd

Search This thread

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
it seems that latest ROM updates (I think I have this on all AUB* ones) is weirdly strict on background activities and cuts every one of them. my whole device acts strangely - apps not showing notification or showing them late (hours later than they were supposed to show), my apps are not updating: I have to repeatedly FC play store, then clear its cache so that currently installing app changes state from downloading to installing, than do it again to change state fomr installing to installed etc. worked fine on AUA* ones. it is really annoying. btw I tried to clear cache and dalvik/art cache from recovery, but that did not help. I have not tried factory seset yet...

Last edited:
Reactions: arknailed7754

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
Let's be honest, the Spotify app has issues too begin with. On my S21 and Pixel 4 it can be playing songs to my earbuds then suddenly stop running in the background on its own! Unlock the phone and itis still open in the foreground. 🤬

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Perhaps it's time for a new music app if this is a known Spotify issue... But if it's not a Spotify issue, then check in your battery settings (as others have mentioned) to see if your phone automatically started putting it into "Sleep Mode".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This might be the app itself but I didn't have any issue on my S20. Since I updated the phone it randomly cuts out. Any ideas? Never on WiFi though...

Is it when the screen is off? Check it's not been put to sleep in battery settings
    it seems that latest ROM updates (I think I have this on all AUB* ones) is weirdly strict on background activities and cuts every one of them. my whole device acts strangely - apps not showing notification or showing them late (hours later than they were supposed to show), my apps are not updating: I have to repeatedly FC play store, then clear its cache so that currently installing app changes state from downloading to installing, than do it again to change state fomr installing to installed etc. worked fine on AUA* ones. it is really annoying. btw I tried to clear cache and dalvik/art cache from recovery, but that did not help. I have not tried factory seset yet...
    It seems that it was data corruption during regular OTA. Factory reset seems to fix problems for me.