• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Spotify Provider for Encore Music

Search This thread

XpLoDWilD

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
spotifyplugin_xda_banner.png

Spotify Plugin for Encore Music

This is a Provider Plugin to enable your music from Spotify™ to be streamed alongside your local music (and other providers) via Encore Music. This plug-in allows you to listen to your Spotify music collection within Encore.

NOTE: You must have a Spotify™ Premium account in order to make use of this plugin.
NOTE: When logging into the Spotify plugin via Facebook, you'll need to generate an app password in Facebook's security settings page, and then use your Facebook email as login.

Features
  • Playlists management
  • All artists, albums, and titles available to browse
  • Similar artists and Automix supported
  • Offline synchronization
  • 4G and Wi-Fi synchronization
  • Quality settings

FAQ
  • Can I use this plug-in with a Spotify Free or Spotify Unlimited account? No, you must have a Spotify Premium account.
  • How can I connect with my Facebook account? You must generate an application password in Facebook. Go to Facebook Connected Applications Settings and generate an app password. Now, log into your Spotify account by using your Facebook e-mail address as username, and the generated app password.

Downloads

Download the plug-in now at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fastbootmobile.encore.spotifyprovider

Visit our website at http://www.encoremusic.io/

XDA:DevDB Information
Spotify Provider for Encore Music, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
XpLoDWilD, fastbootmobile

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2015-08-10

Created 2015-08-10
Last Updated 2015-08-10

Last edited:

cammel

Jan 18, 2008
Buenos Aires
Sorry for the stupid question, but if I decide to uninstall the plug in sometime in the future, what happens with the user and password for my Spotify premium account entered in this plug in?
Thanks in advance!

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
Sorry for the stupid question, but if I decide to uninstall the plug in sometime in the future, what happens with the user and password for my Spotify premium account entered in this plug in?
Thanks in advance!

If you use your Facebook account, you can just revoke the application password. If you have a "regular" Spotify account, nothing particular happens. The credentials will be erased from your device (they're not stored within the app, but within the plugin only using Spotify's official library). They're not sent or stored anywhere else.

Reactions: Mazda and cammel

cammel

Jan 18, 2008
Buenos Aires
If you use your Facebook account, you can just revoke the application password. If you have a "regular" Spotify account, nothing particular happens. The credentials will be erased from your device (they're not stored within the app, but within the plugin only using Spotify's official library). They're not sent or stored anywhere else.
Ok, thanks for answering me. So if I used my regular Spotify premium user and password (I don't have a Facebook account) and I chose to uninstall the plugin then there's nothing else I should do, right?
Thanks again!

Enviado desde mi XT1097 mediante Tapatalk

Cuzz1369

Jan 25, 2013
Kitchener
Seriously awesome app and plug-in. Only been using it for a couple minutes but when casting spotify(maybe others too) Sound is still coming from my phone speakers. Volume controls the speaker as well. Would be nice if it acted like other casting apps and disabled the speaker and controlled CC volume. Minor bug. Not sure if a log or anything would help here. Let me know if you need more info.

Edit: is Spotify radio planned?

Last edited:

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
Hmm, getting blank pages and not pulling music. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Saved tracks, artists and albums can't show up because of a limitation in Spotify's API. Your playlists should show up however, so you'll have to go through there for now. As soon as Spotify adds this ability, we'll add it within the app.

Seriously awesome app and plug-in. Only been using it for a couple minutes but when casting spotify(maybe others too) Sound is still coming from my phone speakers. Volume controls the speaker as well. Would be nice if it acted like other casting apps and disabled the speaker and controlled CC volume. Minor bug. Not sure if a log or anything would help here. Let me know if you need more info.

We'll change that in an update :)
Spotify Radio isn't planned for now, however we're looking to add a similar feature that works with your entire library.

martinowski

Oct 15, 2012
First things first: thanks for the app! I was really waiting for something like this.

Just started testing but two things:
- Playlist view: all my PLs are just listed in random order?! Even when I start reordering with drag&drop, the next time I come back to this view they are again rearranged. Folders view from spotify would be perfect.
- Modification of PLs: deleting Songs from a PL or reordering of Songs inside a spotify PL. (If you make the last Point happen this will be my one and only Music listening app)

Will get back to you after more testing.

Edit:
- Offline mode resets after app restart. I was not listening to Music for an hour or so. When I went back to the app and started music I was online :( (Ah, this belongs in the main app thread)

Last edited:

crakerjac

Dec 24, 2011
I've got an older device (Kyocera Hydro Edge) that I use as a waterproof music player/GPS on the motorcycle. Cheap here is key.

The Spotify plugin keeps crashing on me and the playlists don't seem to load. I have about 25GB of Spotify offline content if that makes a difference. Do you want a logcat or something?

Sillik

Dec 11, 2010
Hello,

This seems awesome, I've been looking for an alternative to Spotify's default app forever.
But unfortunately the plugin doesn't seem to work as it should on my phone.
I set up an app password in Facebook and used it to login. I tested the connection in the settings and it works. I then looked into the library and saw my Spotify saved albums appear. I even managed to play one of them.
But now in the library I don't see anything except that album I played before (and my local files albums). And the Artists, Titles and Playlists lists are empty and never showed anything from my Spotify Premium account.
I tried using the search but it never gets me any result. I just get an endless "loading" icon. Is the search supposed to work only on local files?

Also, I saw an option to choose the quality for off-line downloaded content for Spotify, but I couldn't find the option to download something (album, playlist) offline. How does it work?

Thank you.

miki.cis

Mar 10, 2012
Praha
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Ability to save offline music to SD card would be welcomed. The module doesn't even saves the data to internal(sdcard0)/Android, but to root folder so i can't even use XIntenalSD or anything else or at least localize the folder properly...

Last edited:

pec0ra

Jan 29, 2012
Zürich
Sony Xperia 5 II
I haven't found the source code for any of the music providers. The providerlib's documentation is good, but having an implementation example would really help the development of new music plugins. Do you have any plan on releasing the source code of some of your plugins ?
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    spotifyplugin_xda_banner.png

Spotify Plugin for Encore Music

This is a Provider Plugin to enable your music from Spotify™ to be streamed alongside your local music (and other providers) via Encore Music. This plug-in allows you to listen to your Spotify music collection within Encore.

NOTE: You must have a Spotify™ Premium account in order to make use of this plugin.
    NOTE: When logging into the Spotify plugin via Facebook, you'll need to generate an app password in Facebook's security settings page, and then use your Facebook email as login.

Features
    • Playlists management
    • All artists, albums, and titles available to browse
    • Similar artists and Automix supported
    • Offline synchronization
    • 4G and Wi-Fi synchronization
    • Quality settings

FAQ
    • Can I use this plug-in with a Spotify Free or Spotify Unlimited account? No, you must have a Spotify Premium account.
    • How can I connect with my Facebook account? You must generate an application password in Facebook. Go to Facebook Connected Applications Settings and generate an app password. Now, log into your Spotify account by using your Facebook e-mail address as username, and the generated app password.

Downloads

Download the plug-in now at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fastbootmobile.encore.spotifyprovider

Visit our website at http://www.encoremusic.io/

XDA:DevDB Information
    Spotify Provider for Encore Music, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    XpLoDWilD, fastbootmobile

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2015-08-10

Created 2015-08-10
    Last Updated 2015-08-10
    Hmm, getting blank pages and not pulling music. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Saved tracks, artists and albums can't show up because of a limitation in Spotify's API. Your playlists should show up however, so you'll have to go through there for now. As soon as Spotify adds this ability, we'll add it within the app.

We'll change that in an update :)
    Spotify Radio isn't planned for now, however we're looking to add a similar feature that works with your entire library.
    Thanks in advance!

Reserved post 2