• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[Sprint/Boost/VM][ROM][TW/4.4.2]Conquest: Singularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

kp20kp

Sep 27, 2013
WOW seriously! So if I wanted to upgrade to this kit kat rom I can easily restore my 4.1.2 nandroid backup of thepeoplesrom without bricking. Thanks a bunch

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Free mobile app

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
May 8, 2010
Columbus, OH
WOW seriously! So if I wanted to upgrade to this kit kat rom I can easily restore my 4.1.2 nandroid backup of thepeoplesrom without bricking. Thanks a bunch
Yep, but as he said, we don't know from personal experience if 4.1.2 works with the ND8 (or NDC) modem, and you can't downgrade that. Just be warned.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! v2a ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v5.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Reactions: bilgerryan

kp20kp

Sep 27, 2013
Yep, but as he said, we don't know from personal experience if 4.1.2 works with the ND8 (or NDC) modem, and you can't downgrade that. Just be warned.

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v5.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
Last question. Does nd8 make it impossible to flash any previous modem? I have the older modems zip files on my sd card. Sorry for all the questions

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Free mobile app

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
May 8, 2010
Columbus, OH
Last question. Does nd8 make it impossible to flash any previous modem? I have the older modems zip files on my sd card. Sorry for all the questions
I had just told you that.

ND8 (or NDC) modem, and you can't downgrade that. Just be warned.

Charging still shot

uf20wop

Apr 27, 2010
am i missing some when trying to take a screenshot with this ROM?

I've tried power + home, home + power, vol down + home, vol down + power

nothing seems to work. any ideas?

moonknightus

Mar 7, 2011
07/25/2014: 6.0
  • INSTALLER: Re-arranged/re-ordered options for custom install
  • INSTALLER: Fixed S-Voice not installing when selected
  • SYSTEM: Fixed WiFi SSID disappearing from WiFi tile
  • SYSTEM: Removed double quotes from WiFi SSID
  • SYSTEM: WiFi Quick Settings tile layout tweaks
  • SYSTEM: Power Saving quick settings tile icon changed to dynamic battery level icon
  • SYSTEM: Added battery percentage display to Power Saving quick settings icon
  • SYSTEM: Enabled Wi-Fi activity indicator on statusbar
  • SYSTEM: Clear notifications button now hidden on Quick Settings panel
  • SYSTEM: Properly fixed notifications not showing when received/dismissed while viewing Quick Settings
  • SYSTEM: Receiving/dismissing notifications no longer auto-switches from Quick Settings to Notifications
  • SYSTEM: Removed Social Network Service sync adapter
  • SYSTEM: "No Recent Apps" theme tweaks
  • SYSTEM: Added Task Manager to Settings app
  • SYSTEM: Removed Roaming menu from settings app
  • SYSTEM: Added APN menu to settings
  • SYSTEM: Enabled APN editing
  • SYSTEM: Removed "Samsung Apps" category from Sound settings
  • SYSTEM: Removed build number from version in settings (fixes backup name in philz recovery)
  • SYSTEM: Fixed SystemUI force close on incoming call with screen on/unlocked
  • SYSTEM: Built-in lockscreen clock layout tweaks
  • SYSTEM: Applied holo theme to task manager
  • APPS: Made Samsung Lockscreen Clock widget optional (deselected by default)
  • APPS: Made AllShare and related services optional (deselected by default)
  • APPS: Made Google Keyboard optional (selected by default)
  • APPS: Made AOSP-themed TouchWiz Contacts/Dialer/In-Call optional (deselected by default)
  • APPS: Added AOSP Contacts/Google Dialer/AOSP In-Call (optional, selected by default)
  • APPS: Added TouchWiz Browser (optional, deselected by default)
  • APPS: Added Textra messaging app(optional, deselected by default)
  • APPS: Installing TouchWiz Calendar will now also install TouchWiz Planner widget
  • APPS: BestFace will now only be installed if Samsung Camera is installed
  • APPS: Fixed force close in Samsung Camera when TouchWiz Gallery/Video player are not installed
  • APPS: TouchWiz In-Call screen layout/theme tweaks
  • APPS: Updated pre-installed/optional apps to latest versions (as of 07/23/2014)
---------------------------------
RELEASE NOTES: Please take care to read the FAQs again before installing this release as there have been some new ones added regarding features specific to this release, especially the Google Dialer. In a nutshell, the Google Dialer is not compatible with the stock TouchWiz phone app (in-call app) as it cannot access the call logs generated by it. The AOSP phone app, however, is not compatible with TouchWiz messaging and does not contain the roaming settings menu present in the TouchWiz phone app. Also, special dialer codes do not work with the Google Dialer.

Special thanks go out to bob-st, Madbat, roirraW "edor" ehT, and wetbiker7 for testing this release for me and helping make sure it's as rock solid as possible. As with any release, there may be bugs present that we didn't see so please post here if you encounter any problems.

moonknightus

Mar 7, 2011
CHANGELOG

07/28/2014: 6.1
  • SYSTEM: Re-enabled lockscreen style selector in settings
  • SYSTEM: Enabled particle lockscreen style
  • SYSTEM: Enabled watercolor lockscreen style
  • SYSTEM: Tweaked battery/power save quick settings tile layout/behavior
  • SYSTEM: Tweaked Wi-Fi quick settings tile layout/behaviour
  • SYSTEM: Re-enabled lockscreen shortcuts for non-AOSP lockscreen styles
  • SYSTEM: Changed quick settings tile icons to match AOSP/CyanogenMod icons
  • SYSTEM: Enabled screen off+volume up flashlight in settings
  • SYSTEM: Replaced Wi-Fi Hotspot notification icon with icon from CyanogenMod
--------------------------------------------------
RELEASE NOTES: OK so a few of these probably need some clarification so I'll start with the lock screen shortcuts. Lockscreen shortcuts only work with the non-AOSP lockscreen styles. If you have a live wallpaper enabled on any style other than AOSP, the lock screen will revert to the un-styled circle lock screen.

Next up we have the quick settings tiles. The tile will no longer show "power save on/power save off" under the percentage. If power saving is enabled, "power save" will now be displayed under the percentage, and hidden completely when power saving is disabled. I feel that this gives the power save/battery tile a cleaner overall look. The battery levels for the icon have also been adjusted to match AOSP.

The Wi-Fi quick settings tile will no longer show "Wi-Fi ON/Wi-Fi OFF" under the SSID. When Wi-Fi is off, the tile will be labeled "WI-FI," and the icon will be in outline. When Wi-Fi is on but not connected to a network, it will be labeled "NOT CONNECTED," and the icon will be a dark, full Wi-Fi icon. When connected to a network, the SSID will be displayed below a light, full Wi-Fi icon.

The flashlight option has been enabled in settings on the main page under the "DEVICE" heading. This functionality has only been tested the KT747 kernel included with Conquest. It may or may not work with other kernels depending on how they layout the device filesystem for the camera flash.

The rest is just cosmetic tweaks and adjustments. As always, if you run into any bugs, please post them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone