• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Sprint - Gear VR Promotion

Search This thread

WeatherTech

Is the Samsung promotion page not active yet? When I go to the link that the Sprint rep sent me there's just an option to pre-order or it says come back later. but two reps that I've spoken to said I should be able to register now and file a claim form. Samsung rep said it's not open yet but seemed very confused as to what I was asking about.

craigdamey

Apr 14, 2017
Is the Samsung promotion page not active yet? When I go to the link that the Sprint rep sent me there's just an option to pre-order or it says come back later. but two reps that I've spoken to said I should be able to register now and file a claim form. Samsung rep said it's not open yet but seemed very confused as to what I was asking about.

You can't apply until you have your phone so there is no point having the page up until the phones ship. You have to enter the IMEI as part of the application.

Also note that this only applies to pre-orders through the carriers. Direct orders from Samsung.com ship the bundle around the same time as the phone (albeit separately as evidenced by them splitting the charges on my credit card), so there is no form to fill out.

To be honest given the limited number of bundles (50K for the VR Immersive Bundle) I'd be surprised if there were any left by the time the phones ship. I mean they've said 700K pre-orders in South Korea alone, I can't imagine Samsung.com (US) haven't taken 50K yet and for $99 I would imagine most people would have opted for the bundle. The memory card alone is worth twice that and then the headphones are also highly rated $150 Bluetooth wireless over the ear headphones.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeatherTech

bselesnew

Aug 11, 2012
You can't apply until you have your phone so there is no point having the page up until the phones ship. You have to enter the IMEI as part of the application.

Also note that this only applies to pre-orders through the carriers. Direct orders from Samsung.com ship the bundle around the same time as the phone (albeit separately as evidenced by them splitting the charges on my credit card), so there is no form to fill out.

To be honest given the limited number of bundles (50K for the VR Immersive Bundle) I'd be surprised if there were any left by the time the phones ship. I mean they've said 700K pre-orders in South Korea alone, I can't imagine Samsung.com (US) haven't taken 50K yet and for $99 I would imagine most people would have opted for the bundle. The memory card alone is worth twice that and then the headphones are also highly rated $150 Bluetooth wireless over the ear headphones.

Debbie Downer over here...:rolleyes:

craigdamey

Apr 14, 2017
Debbie Downer over here...:rolleyes:

Don't shoot the messenger :p Neither Samsung.com nor the Samsung Shop app offer the choice of gift anymore, it's the Gear VR and Controller or it's nothing. Someone else posted that based on previous promotions Samsung always seem to come up with enough to keep everyone happy but they're clearly limiting the orders right now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.