• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Sprint HTC One won't turn on, flashing Home and Back buttons.

Search This thread

atkinsman

May 18, 2013
I was coming from Cyanogenmod nightlies, and was trying to flash stock, but the phone just randomly shut off and it won't turn back on. When I hold down the power button the only response I get is the home and back buttons will blink white for the duration of me pressing down the button. Thank you for any possible help.

Last edited:

tagraves61

Mar 26, 2011
CM10 won't load. home and back buttons lit constantly

Keep holding down power button. Button lights will blink for about 12 secs, then let go of power and hold down vol down until bootloader pops up.

via ONE.

Hi. This just happened to me as well, trying to flash CM 10.1.3 to get a GPS lock from a sense rom. Problem is, I can't get to the bootloader and the menu/back lights don't stop flashing. So there's no point where they stop flashing and I can then use the volume button to get to the bootloader. And they stay lit even when I am not pressing anything. I could use some help here.. hate to think I've bricked this very expensive slab of metal. Thanks.

Reactions: bigjm23

gfx55

Dec 29, 2010
Thanks guletz - you just saved me a call (or a visit) to the Sprint store.

This is also happening to most of the sprint 4.3 custom roms. Not sure if everyone is building on top of the same rom image or fimrware issues...let me know if anyone is getting the same issues after flashing any of the sprint custom roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Keep holding down power button. Button lights will blink for about 12 secs, then let go of power and hold down vol down until bootloader pops up.

via ONE.
    Same problem.
    Somebody please help.
    EDIT:
    Solved. Bright light trick.
    Shine a bright light on it and press + hold power and vol down. Make sure the twin sensors aren't covered.
    CM10 won't load. home and back buttons lit constantly

via ONE.

Hi. This just happened to me as well, trying to flash CM 10.1.3 to get a GPS lock from a sense rom. Problem is, I can't get to the bootloader and the menu/back lights don't stop flashing. So there's no point where they stop flashing and I can then use the volume button to get to the bootloader. And they stay lit even when I am not pressing anything. I could use some help here.. hate to think I've bricked this very expensive slab of metal. Thanks.