• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Sprint MSMDownloadTool (UnBrick)

Search This thread

jthein1989

Dec 6, 2010
Barberton
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
After lots of fighting with OnePlus about this, I finally managed to get my hands on the MSMDownloadTool and drivers for the Sprint variant of the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.

USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

To be honest, I was EXTREMELY tired while writing this, and need to get some sleep.
There are other posts explaining how to use this tool. I will update this thread with links to them when I have time.

Here is a link:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261604268

Md5:dd324e947e1761b2b8e4974928487098

Enjoy!

Oh, I also pulled all the partitions from my Sprint OP7 Pro 5G. If any recognized dev would like to take a look at them to see if we can't get this variant free from it's bondage, let me know.

Last edited:

jthein1989

Dec 6, 2010
Barberton
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Do you mind explaining how you accomplished this? I'd like to do a bit of poking around myself.

Know now that I am not posting this as an instructable for those that do not understand the sensitivity of the files that can be pulled through this method.

If you don't know how to accomplish any of the steps, you probably shouldn't be doing this. If you do pull partitions from your phone, do not share them with anybody you can not trust. Do not post them here, or anywhere for that matter.

If you are asked to help by providing partitions, do your research. Are they recognized developers? Have they helped other people? If you feel they can be trusted, then it is okay to share them.

1)Download MSMDownloadTool rar file

2)Start MSMDownloadTool with Admin Privileges

3)When MSMDownloadTool starts, hit F8

4)A screen with partitions will pop up
Select partitions you would like to pull, and input ”oneplus" as password.
Hit ok

You will notice now that a new "Read Back" button has appeared. DO NOT HIT IT YET!

5)Boot phone into EDL:
There are two methods of doing this with the OP7 Pro 5G.
1: ADB REBOOT EDL
2: Shut phone down with no USB plugged in, hold both vol up and vol down, then insert USB cable

6)AS SOON AS YOU SEE YOUR PHONE APPEAR IN THE TABLE, HIT "Enum" BUTTON, SELECT YOUR PHONE IN THE TABLE AND HIT "Read Back".

Note: If your phone disconnects before you have the chance to hit "Read Back" start back at step 5. Once Sahara starts reading, the phone will stay connected.

7)WAIT....

8)Once complete, your files can be found in the root of your system partition (The easiest way to collect them is to sort by "Date Modified")

9)Give yourself a tap on the back. BUT DON'T FORGET, there is sensitive information in the partitions.

Guy50570

Feb 5, 2016
Know now that I am not posting this as an instructable for those that do not understand the sensitivity of the files that can be pulled through this method.

If you don't know how to accomplish any of the steps, you probably shouldn't be doing this. If you do pull partitions from your phone, do not share them with anybody you can not trust. Do not post them here, or anywhere for that matter.

If you are asked to help by providing partitions, do your research. Are they recognized developers? Have they helped other people? If you feel they can be trusted, then it is okay to share them.

Hit ok

You will notice now that a new "Read Back" button has appeared. DO NOT HIT IT YET!

5)Boot phone into EDL:
2: Shut phone down with no USB plugged in, hold both vol up and vol down, then insert USB cable

6)AS SOON AS YOU SEE YOUR PHONE APPEAR IN THE TABLE, HIT "Enum" BUTTON, SELECT YOUR PHONE IN THE TABLE AND HIT "Read Back".

Note: If your phone disconnects before you have the chance to hit "Read Back" start back at step 5. Once Sahara starts reading, the phone will stay connected.

7)WAIT....

8)Once complete, your files can be found in the root of your system partition (The easiest way to collect them is to sort by "Date Modified")

9)Give yourself a tap on the back. BUT DON'T FORGET, there is sensitive information in the partitions.

Neat! Appreciate the lil mini-tutorial, should definitely help in my research efforts.

Guy50570

Feb 5, 2016
So none on the currently available Android 10 updates are compatible with the Sprint version? I wouldn't care if I lost 5G, it's not available in my area.

Not currently, unfortunately. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure they patch the global ROM to work on T-Mobile devices. So, if that is indeed the case, we'd need to do the same to get it to work on Sprint, however that may work. People such as myself are looking into ways of remaining on stock ROM and unlocking the bootloader so you could retain 5G and all Sprint features. I worry that moving to Global would effect more than just 5G, since Sprint is a CDMA carrier, with things such as VoLTE/VoWiFi. I could be very wrong on this though, it's just baseless speculation. We won't know till we try! :p

beaker77

Oct 6, 2008
Millstadt, IL
Not currently, unfortunately. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure they patch the global ROM to work on T-Mobile devices. So, if that is indeed the case, we'd need to do the same to get it to work on Sprint, however that may work. People such as myself are looking into ways of remaining on stock ROM and unlocking the bootloader so you could retain 5G and all Sprint features. I worry that moving to Global would effect more than just 5G, since Sprint is a CDMA carrier, with things such as VoLTE/VoWiFi. I could be very wrong on this though, it's just baseless speculation. We won't know till we try! :p

Thank you for the explanation.

Reactions: Guy50570

Zoomdbz

May 25, 2020
The apn issues cause the Lost of MMS volte and mobile data. Does anyone have a stock image I can reflash back to for GM1925 / GM25CC for sprint please?

TJochum24

May 25, 2020
How do you actually use this .rar file in the msmdownload tool? The file cannot be extracted, says it is damaged? I've tried downloading a few times with no luck

DaniZamora

Jan 24, 2021
Hola buenas chicos soy de Nicaragua tengo un One Plus 7pro 5G ayer quise pasar a la europea pero no me gustó que la información del teléfono no salía y volví a la sprint que tienen acá en el foro pero no me sale 5G ahora solo me muestra hasta 4G que puedo hacer para volver a tener habilitado los 5G en el futuro

Dean Nguyen

Mar 21, 2021
Can you give me aother link. This link above has been down.
1616304755257.png

figroll27

Oct 21, 2020
After lots of fighting with OnePlus about this, I finally managed to get my hands on the MSMDownloadTool and drivers for the Sprint variant of the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.

To be honest, I was EXTREMELY tired while writing this, and need to get some sleep.
There are other posts explaining how to use this tool. I will update this thread with links to them when I have time.

Here is a link:

Enjoy!

Oh, I also pulled all the partitions from my Sprint OP7 Pro 5G. If any recognized dev would like to take a look at them to see if we can't get this variant free from it's bondage, let me know.
What are the steps to unbricking? Just plug in and press start? I'm about to try converting to EU and if it somehow messes up I don't want to be stuck. Being a noob with flashing sucks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is a link:

Enjoy!

Do you mind explaining how you accomplished this? I'd like to do a bit of poking around myself.

Hit ok

5)Boot phone into EDL:

7)WAIT....

You are doing God's work 🙏 bless you
    So none on the currently available Android 10 updates are compatible with the Sprint version? I wouldn't care if I lost 5G, it's not available in my area.

Thank you for the explanation.