• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 G920P Nougat 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ChubbbySquish

Dec 13, 2016
First attempt: Wiped Dalvik Cache, Data, System and Cache. Flashed ROM choosing S6, Stock, Dolby, no to Xtreme, S6. Froze on 72.14% when extracting system and data (last file showing is Day_by_Day.ogg).

Second attempt: Did not wipe, followed same settings as first attempt, froze at 90% when installing S6 Launcher when extracting system/xbin/sqlite3.

Third attempt: Did not wipe, followed same process as second attempt, froze at 23.49% extracting system and data, UserDictionaryProvider.apk.

Fourth attempt: Wiped everything again and tried once more, froze at 78.13%.

Fifth attempt: Wiped everything, tried S8 launcher and everything went through. Back to the "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" on boot and nothing loading after.

Is this where I completely go back to stock and start from the beginning? :( Lol.

Stock would fix the issue 100%, I am also not seandroid enforcing, but it boots fine. It seems like you've done a lot of flashing around the boot area.

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
It seems that I'm having the same issues as others here with the black screen & no boot. I'll hang tight for your update.

EDIT: After checking things out in more detail I decided to flash the latest SkyHigh "N" kernel and I at least got the splash screen but no boot. I just wanted to add this so other users didn't go thru the same thing.

EDIT: After the black screen I had to grab a drink & when I returned to my device about 15 minutes later I was welcomed to find the setup mode waiting on me. I believe the bootani is just acting up & not showing for us?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jhoward22

hotwired34

Aug 27, 2007
It seems that I'm having the same issues as others here with the black screen & no boot. I'll hang tight for your update.

EDIT: After checking things out in more detail I decided to flash the latest SkyHigh "N" kernel and I at least got the splash screen but no boot. I just wanted to add this so other users didn't go thru the same thing.

EDIT: After the black screen I had to grab a drink & when I returned to my device about 15 minutes later I was welcomed to find the setup mode waiting on me. I believe the bootani is just acting up & not showing for us?
Yeah...so the first boot is very long, almost to the point of thinking it's broke. Just have to have patience.

Sent from my SM-G925P using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: gimmeitorilltell

yeoldeusrename

Jun 30, 2011
Tried this and nothing. Thank you for the suggestion though. :) I'm just going to restore my backup for now and maybe start from scratch later.

I appreciate all the help.

What version of TWRP are you guys on? Have you used Odin (see Koop's thread) or OTA (unrooted) to update to latest official software version including bootloader prior to attempting to install this ROM?

koop1955

Mar 17, 2011
Las Vegas
www.larrykuperman.com
What version of TWRP are you guys on? Have you used Odin (see Koop's thread) or OTA (unrooted) to update to latest official software version including bootloader prior to attempting to install this ROM?
I would guess that pretty much everyone is on TWRP 3.1.1.0 or 3.1.0.0. Frankly, I don't think that there is much of a difference, but the latest version couldn't hurt.
Like most people that were previously rooted, follow my thread to install QC7, root, install TWRP, complete wipe, then flash ROM. Wait between 10 to 15 minutes for the initial boot to complete and enjoy.
I believe that there will be an update to the ROM coming soon; you may want to wait for that. You could certainly update to QC7 first.

dprestonpeek

Jun 9, 2017
Excellent.

Killer rom. Just enough customization to be satisfied while CM or Lineage support is at a minimum for the G920p. Excellent work.

Took a few tries to install, after the installation froze up, but I eventually got it.

blacksantron

May 27, 2012
I posted about this earlier but received no response...

Has the issue where I receive a warning from Sprint concerning going over my hotspot limit been resolved? When I tried this ROM I received a warning saying I went over my 10gig limit and was throttled.

Switching right back to 6.0.1 resolved this issue.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: Jimmy1life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SPRINT G920P/G925P Updated to Biggdaddy QC7 Aroma V1.1

Android N 7.0 For Sprint Galaxy S6/S6 Edge by
    This developement has been DISCONTINUED(No longer have device.)

Version: Stable May 18 2017 build date. Final Version edited May 21 2017

Donations are welcomed:
    https://www.paypal.me/amieldl143

Warning: I'm not responsible for any damages made to your device. Please flash at you own risk.

Installation instructions:
    1 Make sure on QC7 firmware(preferred)
    2 Make backup just incase
    3 Place Rom in internal storage
    4 Suggest you delete android file and download cleaner in app store and run to clean your system.
    5 boot into recovery do full wipe and flash rom But please select Kernel S6 or S6Edge and takes about 15 to 20 mins.
    6 Let Rom settle in for Couple days or more.

Special Thanks and credits: @topjohnwu @nyfl2004 @ASSAYYED @tdhite @ChubbbySquish @koop1955 @androidexpert35 for extreme music other credits in this link https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3029951

QC7 Features, Updates and Download link below

CHANGELOG:

QC7 1.1

1)ADDED CAMERA FLOATING FEATURE
    2)ADDED TOUCH KEY LIGHT AND OUTDOOR MODE IN SETTINGS
    3)FIXED MOBILE DATA NETWORK SETTINGS.
    4)ADDED DOLBY AND XTREME SOUND MOD OPTION
    5)LATEST S8 LAUNCHER, S8 CONTACTS ANS INCALLUI AND S8 CALENDAR UPDATE
    6)ADDED HOTSPOT HACK BY TDHITE V6
    7)STOCK KERNEL ADDED INIT.D SUPPORT FOR HOTSPOT TO WORK.
    8)ADDED UHQ AND READING MODE IN PULLDOWN QUICK TOGGLE.
    9)SAMSUNG EDGE ADDED
    10)ADDED SUPPORT FOR G925P.
    11)MAGISK 13 BY CHUBBBYSQUISH

BUG:1) Default Wallpaper Home and Lock Not applied on 1st boot. Must go to theme Store and apply Stock theme and A ok.
    2) Bixby: To Fix force close you need to go to bixby settings then cards then look for video and disable.

Download Link Nougat QC7 Aroma 1.1::
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120733702

OTA Fixes: Message quick reply floating feature, Music forceclose after updating from playstore and Hidden dialer codes plus csc files to Sprint vs XAS...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3603181

QC7 1.0

1) UPDATED TO NOUGAT AND ROOTED WITH MAGISK 12.0
    2)OPTION TO SELECT S6 OR S8 SYSTEM APPS.
    3)ENABLED PERFORMANCE AND RESOLUTION CHANGER MODE.
    4)LIGHTLY DEBLOATED. APPS DELETED CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM PLAYSTORE.
    5)SURROUND SOUND STOCK OR STOCK SOUND OPTION. SOUND GAIN ADDED.
    6)ADDED MORE LANGUAGES
    7)FIXED SHEALTH. NOW WORKING WITH ROOT.
    8)CSC TWEAKS: CALL RECORDING, CAMERA SHUTTER BUTTON, MULTI PROFILE AND ETC.
    9)ADDED SCREENSHOTS AND TOUCH SENSITIVITY IN PULLDOWN QUICK TOGGLE.
    10)90%DEODEXED 100% KNOX FREE.

BUG:1) Default Wallpaper Home and Lock Not applied on 1st boot. Must go to theme Store and apply Stock theme and A ok.
    2) Bixby: To Fix force close you need to go to bixby settings then cards then look for video and disable.

Download Link Nougat QC7 Aroma 1.0::
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120730120

In case root breaks or broken link to uninstall and install magisk 12.0:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=72214657

Pics:

1494189937501.jpg
    1494189947789.jpg
    1494189957064.jpg
    1494189967315.jpg
    1494189981523.jpg
    1494189990160.jpg
    1494190000069.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    I no longer have my s6. Bad news. Lost all my files. Ill try to compile last rom with all fixes. Ill try to continue support with latest security updates for future but nothing more. So sorry. I upgraded to S8 which I didn't plan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Redoing the whole Rom today. Give some time. With all fix.

Sent from my SM-G920P using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Download is ready in OP

Now uploading. Soon guys

Download is live boys and girls.