Sprint Users are out of luck until Nov 8th

Search This thread

BamAlmighty

Feb 16, 2008
UPDATE: At this time Sprint won't activate 32GB N5s, 16GB OKAY.

They won't activate until their launch date, that is if they will even activate play store bought phones at that date.

Thankfully I picked up a tmo pre paid sim so I can use it now.

Screw you Sprint. Please contact customer service and email Sprint exec offices, the more they hear from us the better.

Last edited:

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
Their willingness to send me a USIM card for free for my Nexus 5 leads me to believe they will activate them.

[07:43:37 PM] me: And to confirm its for the new Nexus 5 please.
[07:43:53 PM] Sprint: Yes, that is what I have.
[07:44:02 PM] me: Ok thank you
[07:44:50 PM] Sprint.: You are welcome, I am almost complete. I have placed the order. Your expected delivery date is....

Now the 8th that might be another story.... I'll have both the card and phone tomorrow, hopefully.

Last edited:

laestrella

May 16, 2007
Untrue I got mine activated. But I used the sim from my note 3. And I ordered a sim online.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Itchiee

BamAlmighty

Feb 16, 2008
Really.... because they flat out said they cant do it period since the N5 isnt in their system.

LuBi

Jul 17, 2007
South Florida
It's Sprint, if you've been a customer long then you should know YMMV, and you are almost always required to call back multiple times to yield results. While Sprint support has GREATLY improved, it usually takes a few attempts before you reach a technically inclined, competent, and willing representative. IMO and in my experience. :good:

lolcopter

Jul 27, 2010
wow, if this is true and they won't activate my phone in store i'll be paying my ETF on the spot to clear my old phone's ESN. (which truthfully is the only reason i wanted to activate the new phone anyway, so i could sell my iPhone to pay for the ETF to go to T-Mobile)

i am not a bit surprised, and won't be surprised if they tell me the same thing tomorrow. ridiculous.

I went through the hole process.

Dear Ben Cantrell,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. It was my pleasure serving you today. We’re so happy you picked us, now we want to make sure you’re happy with this experience.

• Equipment Order: Your order request for a SIM Card and your order number is xxxx-xxx-xxxxxx

Sincerely,

Kimberly
(23726213qk060145xxx)

I called 1-888-226-7212 and selected option 2. That got me through to some one in BusinessECare24. I told her the issue and she was super helpful. She even said she would give me a follow up call after my SIM arrives and make sure i didn't have any other issues.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Really.... because they flat out said they cant do it period since the N5 isnt in their system.

The first person i talked to said the same thing. I called around and got in touch with others and got it figured out.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

wow, if this is true and they won't activate my phone in store i'll be paying my ETF on the spot to clear my old phone's ESN. (which truthfully is the only reason i wanted to activate the new phone anyway, so i could sell my iPhone to pay for the ETF to go to T-Mobile)

i am not a bit surprised, and won't be surprised if they tell me the same thing tomorrow. ridiculous.

They cant activate them in stores at all as the stores don't stock the SIM cards. They come with the phones that require them. Per the person i spoke with the stores that will be receiving the Nexus 5 will receive a SIM to go with it.

lolcopter

Jul 27, 2010
They cant activate them in stores at all as the stores don't stock the SIM cards. They come with the phones that require them. Per the person i spoke with the stores that will be receiving the Nexus 5 will receive a SIM to go with it.

thanks, good to know. sucks for sprint, looks like i'll just go to the t-mobile store then instead of waiting X number of days for a sim card.

kind of annoying i'll have to wait for my ETF nonsense to settle until my ESN on the old phone clears, but oh well. hello, LTE

EmperorX

Jan 6, 2010
Seattle
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I went through the hole process.

I called 1-888-226-7212 and selected option 2. That got me through to some one in BusinessECare24. I told her the issue and she was super helpful. She even said she would give me a follow up call after my SIM arrives and make sure i didn't have any other issues.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

The first person i talked to said the same thing. I called around and got in touch with others and got it figured out.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

So this needs to be handled online or by phone if we purchased from the play store? Ugh I'm more inclined to switch as each day passes...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mattcoz

Dec 26, 2007
Chicago
Yup, just got back from a Sprint store and they seemed clueless about it, didn't have any SIM cards. So now I'm at a bar to watch the Bears game and tethering my Nexus 5 to my Evo 3D, heh.

cephaus

Jul 1, 2009
Did anyone get their nexus directly from the sprint store? I called them Friday morning to order mine

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

flonker

Nov 3, 2011
They better get this fixed. I'd like to know who the Sprint spokesman was that said Google Play customers would have "no problem" activating their phones on Sprints networks. Get the the 32GB IMEI in the system.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LymeWire

Aug 26, 2011
got my 16GB nexus 5 that i ordered from the play store activated on sprint today, i started at sprint.com and had to finish the activation process in an online chat with a rep, I am also a sprint employee for any others wondering if you can activate one before it is available for ewd lines, i used a SIM card from a galaxy S4 that was returned to my store that worked fine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To Enable 2600mhz clearwire TD-LTE and 800mhz bands-

This is the info I got from a very good sprint tech I know. I am only passing along info, I am not responsible for anything that happens. Change settings at your own discretion.

*#*#3282#*#*

Goto LTE > Edit > Enter your MSL > Enable Band 41 and 26 > set priorities for band 41 "1", band 25 "0", band 26 "0" > reboot. (MSL can be obtained from sprint chat but the sprint tech told me they longer have MSL and if they did, it would be the default which is 78252 or something along those lines).

After reboot, go back into LTE > Priorities > and it should be 41 > 25 > 26. This is the order according to sprint.

2600mhz clearwire TD-LTE as it is the largest and fastest pipe > followed by regular 1900mhz LTE for offloading overloaded LTE > 800mhz for strength in building penetration.

Goto *#*#33284#*#* > LTE Engineering to see what band your currently connected to. If your connected 41 or 26, your on spark. 25 is our network vision standard 1900mhz LTE.

This is the info I got from a very good sprint tech I know. I am only passing along info, I am not responsible for anything that happens. Change settings at your own discretion.

I've enabled all LTE bands on my phone for the past 2 days and have yet to connect 41 or 26. Always 25. I will keep my eyes open as they should be turned on or turning on any moment now.
    Can confirm that my 32GB Nexus 5 is now active on Sprint. LTE and everything is functioning as intended.
    Glad to see Sprint is beginning to activate the 32GB devices.

Now my question is for those who have been able to get it done......what is the proper process?

- Do you need to activate the SIM on your account first? I'm a newbie to SIMs and Sprint has overnighted me one.
    - Do you just start the activation process online, use the first 14 Digits, and then switch to chat when things get screwy?

Thanks.

I'll give you my step-by-step.

This assumes you already have received you UICC card.

1. Log onto Sprint website.
    2. Navigate to "My Phones" and proceed to activate your phone on whatever line you choose.
    3. Enter MEID Minus the last digit.
    4. Recieve error telling you phone caannot activate at this time.
    5. Open chat and fill in with appropriate info.
    6. When chat employee asks for ESN, just give them the IMEI minus the final digit.
    7. They will ask for UICC #, give that to them.
    8. Profit.
    I would say us 32's are good to go- https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/671707#671707

Lets not forget good Sprint reps are hard to find. Just a case of people being uneducated on a new and unfamiliar device. The left hand of Sprint often does not know what the right and is doing...
    Here is a Sprint memo from 10/31 that explicitly states the 32GB version sold in the Play store will be supported.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4989-lg-nexus-5-users-thread/?p=232113

I'm sure this will be sorted out before weeks end.