Sprint Users Rejoice!! MM 6.0.1 Darklord Modded V5 By JCordero31 N5N7 APPS 1/22/17

Search This thread

taijidude

Oct 19, 2016
When you used this rom as a daily driver, was it V4 or V5? V5 was updated for Sprint such that MVNOBuzbee is not needed and the Sprint VVM was added to the install zip so it does not need to be flashed separately. There also were some Sprint specific items added to the build.prop which may be interfering, but maybe not.

If you are not on Sprint, then you will need to flash MVNOBuzbee after setup and select the proper carrier (which it sounds like you already did). When stock was installed did you try to see the apn settings that are in use? This can be done with some playstore apps such as "APN Configurator" by CTH or "APN Backup & Restore". If you can see them, write them down and compare them to the MVNOBuzbee apns for Boost... maybe the apns have changed and the MVNOBuzbee script needs updated?

If you had V4 working before, then I would suggest trying that version instead of V5. The only real difference between the two is in V5 flipboard briefing and Sprint VVM were added, the apns were updated for Sprint when using SPR or XAS, and some tweaks to build.prop.

When installing the rom you do not need to reboot into recovery after each step...

Here is how I install the rom after installing stock PH1 with odin, installing root, installing TWRP 2.8.7.0, and ensuring everything is working.
1. Reboot into recovery
2. Wipe cache, dalvic cache, system, and data (no need to wipe internal storage or to format data)
3. Install rom selecting XAS
4. Install kernel cleaning script (I think this is optional and may not be necessary since rom has no kernel, but it also wipes cache and dalvic which could be helpful)
5. Install kernel (I was using LSS 3.8 when using this rom, I found it better than DL, but results may vary)
6. Reboot and set up phone ... everything should be working at this point if your carrier is Sprint

If using V4 or if using V5 and your carrier is not Sprint
7. Reboot into recovery
8. Install MVNOBuzbee selecting proper carrier
9. Reboot phone and ensure data is working
10. Reboot into recovery
11. Install Sprint.VVM.ver_T.8.0.0.12 (if V4 was installed)
12. Reboot phone and set up voice mail

It may be possible to combine installing MVNOBuzbee and Sprint VVM at once, but if data is not working VVM will get errors.

If the above does not work, you may try a dirty flash where in step 2 above you only wipe cache and dalvic. Others have had success with this method, but I could never get it to work. The above steps have always worked for me. I no longer use this rom but enjoyed it for several months before moving on to something better... but if you cannot get this rom to work, then there may be little luck in getting some of the more fully developed roms to work.

So let me just start out by saying I love this rom! I used it as my daily driver for a couple months now. But I am having issues re-installing this rom. I re-flashed the new nougat rom and was having issues and want to come back to this rom, but now I am having data issues??? I will explain all I have done is best detail and maybe some one can help!!!?? Thank you in advanced.

1:So first thing is first I downloaded the "Darklord V5 Fixed By JCordero31" Zip and put it on my SDCard.
2: Rebooted to recovery and wiped everything (delvik, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache) then selected Format Data from the previous menu, just in case. (Using TWRP 2.8.7.0). Rebooted Recovery
3.Installed "Darklord V5 Fixed By JCordero31.zip", Installed with XAS. Reboot Recovery.
4. Used Kernal Cleaning, Script completed. Reboot Recovery.
5. Installed "DarkLord-Kernel-Marshmallow-NewUX-hlte-spr-V2.0.Zip". Reboot Recovery
6. Loaded up rom, set everything up. Reboot Recovery.
7. Installed "APN MVNOBuzbee.zip" Selected Boost Mobile. Reboot Recovery.
8. Installed "Sprint.VVM.ver_T.8.0.0.12".
9. Restarted, And I always wait 5-10 minutes for data to kick in, even toggled AIRplane mode on and off, still no data! What is weird is about 20 seconds after boot, the phone will vibrate and the "No data" circle over the data bars will flash back and forth a few times.

I have used this rom in the past with no issues, and I even flashed a 4.4 Kitkat rom to make sure my phones IMEI didnt mess up, that works flawlessly. And as the APN settings are locked on this build I cannot even manually enter everything, I even tried adding the two lines to the Build.prop to unlock it. I have did that process of those steps I mentioned above 3 different times with no luck. Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: sammyDC

AxelXBC

Aug 30, 2013
When you used this rom as a daily driver, was it V4 or V5? V5 was updated for Sprint such that MVNOBuzbee is not needed and the Sprint VVM was added to the install zip so it does not need to be flashed separately. There also were some Sprint specific items added to the build.prop which may be interfering, but maybe not.

If you are not on Sprint, then you will need to flash MVNOBuzbee after setup and select the proper carrier (which it sounds like you already did). When stock was installed did you try to see the apn settings that are in use? This can be done with some playstore apps such as "APN Configurator" by CTH or "APN Backup & Restore". If you can see them, write them down and compare them to the MVNOBuzbee apns for Boost... maybe the apns have changed and the MVNOBuzbee script needs updated?

If you had V4 working before, then I would suggest trying that version instead of V5. The only real difference between the two is in V5 flipboard briefing and Sprint VVM were added, the apns were updated for Sprint when using SPR or XAS, and some tweaks to build.prop.

When installing the rom you do not need to reboot into recovery after each step...

Here is how I install the rom after installing stock PH1 with odin, installing root, installing TWRP 2.8.7.0, and ensuring everything is working.
1. Reboot into recovery
2. Wipe cache, dalvic cache, system, and data (no need to wipe internal storage or to format data)
3. Install rom selecting XAS
4. Install kernel cleaning script (I think this is optional and may not be necessary since rom has no kernel, but it also wipes cache and dalvic which could be helpful)
5. Install kernel (I was using LSS 3.8 when using this rom, I found it better than DL, but results may vary)
6. Reboot and set up phone ... everything should be working at this point if your carrier is Sprint

If using V4 or if using V5 and your carrier is not Sprint
7. Reboot into recovery
8. Install MVNOBuzbee selecting proper carrier
9. Reboot phone and ensure data is working
10. Reboot into recovery
11. Install Sprint.VVM.ver_T.8.0.0.12 (if V4 was installed)
12. Reboot phone and set up voice mail

It may be possible to combine installing MVNOBuzbee and Sprint VVM at once, but if data is not working VVM will get errors.

If the above does not work, you may try a dirty flash where in step 2 above you only wipe cache and dalvic. Others have had success with this method, but I could never get it to work. The above steps have always worked for me. I no longer use this rom but enjoyed it for several months before moving on to something better... but if you cannot get this rom to work, then there may be little luck in getting some of the more fully developed roms to work.

Thank you very much for your detailed response. That makes a lot more sense! There is a great possibility either the APN's dont match or me just installing repeated applications cause some issue to start happening. I will attempt to try V5, with only the APN flash, and if that doesn't work I will be returning to V4. Thank you very much! Out of curiosity, which Rom do you currently run now?

taijidude

Oct 19, 2016
I am currently running an S7e rom, Darklord Reborn, found under the android development section in the main N3 forum. This rom has a ton of features and mods, such as the N7 system ui or S8 icons and system ui. I would recommend you give it a try, but if you can't get this one working, then the S7e rom won't work either. You need to figure out the data issue, and once that is corrected, then other roms are a possibility. I have yet to be able to get any of the Note 7 ports to work with the Sprint network, but I am happy with the S7e and N7 system ui... it looks like the note 7 software but is running S7e under the hood.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much for your detailed response. That makes a lot more sense! There is a great possibility either the APN's dont match or me just installing repeated applications cause some issue to start happening. I will attempt to try V5, with only the APN flash, and if that doesn't work I will be returning to V4. Thank you very much! Out of curiosity, which Rom do you currently run now?

Reactions: beachbumsurfs

AxelXBC

Aug 30, 2013
I am currently running an S7e rom, Darklord Reborn, found under the android development section in the main N3 forum. This rom has a ton of features and mods, such as the N7 system ui or S8 icons and system ui. I would recommend you give it a try, but if you can't get this one working, then the S7e rom won't work either. You need to figure out the data issue, and once that is corrected, then other roms are a possibility. I have yet to be able to get any of the Note 7 ports to work with the Sprint network, but I am happy with the S7e and N7 system ui... it looks like the note 7 software but is running S7e under the hood.

Hope that helps.
You, sir, are a life saver! What an amazing Rom so far. Switched over to the "S7e rom, Darklord Reborn" that you mentioned above and everything is working flawless. Will be rocking this Rom until a very stable Nougat rom is in the mix. Thanks for all your help! I can now enjoy a "Premium" like experience, all thanks to you.

taijidude

Oct 19, 2016
I'm glad you were able to get it to work, and agree the DL Reborn rom is killer! It is by far the best rom experience I have had on my Sprint N3. I really like the features with the ui #4 selection and N7 system ui addon. I am also running the latest phantom kernel with it and performance is spectacular... great battery life and a very snappy and responsive rom/kernel combo.

I'm not sure there are any advantages to a Nougat rom over this one, but it is really performing well so far.

You, sir, are a life saver! What an amazing Rom so far. Switched over to the "S7e rom, Darklord Reborn" that you mentioned above and everything is working flawless. Will be rocking this Rom until a very stable Nougat rom is in the mix. Thanks for all your help! I can now enjoy a "Premium" like experience, all thanks to you.

eckotv16

Apr 16, 2017
Calendar issues

Can someone please help me i love the Darklord v5 ROM , How can i fix the different language showing up only in my Calendar i think it Mandarin.

Last edited:

beachbumsurfs

Jan 14, 2011
Newport News
Need link

Hope that helps.

Please send me the link.

Thank you

sammyDC

Jan 5, 2015

I also appreciate the detailed response @taijidude @AxelXBC

I have a similar issue - hope you can help - I read thru the first 1- pages of the thread but couldn't figure it out and then I came across @AxelXBC and I seem to be in a similar position

background: I was on the MOAR S5 port Rom for Sprint Note 3 - but it is dated and I was looking for something new fresh and current (and geez I hate rom'ing stuff as I know (or assume) I'll have problems - still feel like a newbie I guess)

I flashed the Darklord V5 rom after first wiping all - factory and the cashes (I didn't flash PH1 - do i really need it - and how do i do it - :confused: i downloaded and converted from 7z to .zip but couldnt flash it)

I booted up and it worked well except for the data - and I made one phone call. Looking at the various phone settings I changed something (can't figure out what :eek: ) and the phone calling didnt work. I reflashed with kernal cleaner, then the MVNO. I re flashed darklord V5 (which I have done 4 times now) and still not work - neither phone or data. But it's a great ROM.

I did all of this with CM recovery not TWRP (as I wasnt sure how to flash that from my CM recovery)

And thanks to @JCordero31 - maybe he has an idea also ? Would really love this to work.... (don't have a phone currently !!!)

:confused:

Last edited:

dvdavid888

Dec 15, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
LG G6
If I was you I would flash back to stock update to the current baseband and modem while in stock ROM update PRL and profile flash TWRP 2.8.7.0 then I would flash ( [ROM][NXTeam][6.0.1][S7E Port] Darklord Modded by Mid3vil ) which is the rom I'm currently running it's the most up-to-date one I have found and runs smoothly on the Sprint network

sammyDC

Jan 5, 2015
Coincidently I did that last night and am enjoying the Rom - however I am not getting 4G - only 3G. Any ideas why or could it be a APN issue ? or do i flash to twigby (I come from Spring via Ting on MOAR Rom - but both ting and sprint worked fine)

Thanks @dvdavid888

PS: how you tried any of the following Roms by any chance - wondering how they are (though why mess with DL Reborn when it works - mostly)
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/development/rom-magma-nx-rom-t3508672
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/development/darklord-s7-edge-port-6-0-1-mm-t3382954

PPS: I am thinking of flashing MVNOSlayerR4.zip (and/or MVNOBuzbee.zip)
as suggested here:
https://xdaforums.com/moto-e-2015/general/apn-setting-twigby-mobile-data-t3609400

If I was you I would flash back to stock update to the current baseband and modem while in stock ROM update PRL and profile flash TWRP 2.8.7.0 then I would flash ( [ROM][NXTeam][6.0.1][S7E Port] Darklord Modded by Mid3vil ) which is the rom I'm currently running it's the most up-to-date one I have found and runs smoothly on the Sprint network

Last edited:
Reactions: dvdavid888

dvdavid888

Dec 15, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
LG G6
Coincidently I did that last night and am enjoying the Rom - however I am not getting 4G - only 3G. Any ideas why or could it be a APN issue ? or do i flash to twigby (I come from Spring via Ting on MOAR Rom - but both ting and sprint worked fine)

Thanks @dvdavid888

PS: how you tried any of the following Roms by any chance - wondering how they are (though why mess with DL Reborn when it works - mostly)
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/development/rom-magma-nx-rom-t3508672
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/development/darklord-s7-edge-port-6-0-1-mm-t3382954

PPS: I am thinking of flashing MVNOSlayerR4.zip (and/or MVNOBuzbee.zip)
as suggested here:
https://xdaforums.com/moto-e-2015/general/apn-setting-twigby-mobile-data-t3609400

I am running NXTeam][6.0.1][S7E Port] Darklord Modded by Mid3vil

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

I am running NXTeam][6.0.1][S7E Port] Darklord Modded by Mid3vil

I flashed the APN MVNO posted by taijidude and have 3g and 4g working and as far as ROMs I have tried many but always come back to NXTEAM S7E Port its my daily driver

The link is on post #512

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/development/nxteam-darklord-s7e-reborn-t3565866/page52

sammyDC

Jan 5, 2015
I just flashed the APN MVNO. Still only 3g. Could it be i am on twigby. I chose the 'sprint' option. There are other mvno's such as ting and freedom etc... but not for twigby (but the sprint option should have worked?!?!)

Thanks @dvdavid888

Last edited:

Trigger911

Jun 27, 2011
Ohio
www.techienewsnetwork.com
I'm am so happy with this rom found it after 3 years of hell of setting apns for boost mobile. The only issue i have really found is that facebook and gallery is listing every image on my phone for apps and under the data amd system folders is there anyway to limit it to scanbjust the external and internal partitions?
I just flashed the APN MVNO. Still only 3g. Could it be i am on twigby. I chose the 'sprint' option. There are other mvno's such as ting and freedom etc... but not for twigby (but the sprint option should have worked?!?!)

Thanks @dvdavid888

TIA

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

If you goto the play store there is an app called xshortcuts it allowed me to do my apns on stock and aosp and such it might help ya troubleshoot

Last edited:

dvdavid888

Dec 15, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
LG G6
I'm am so happy with this rom found it after 3 years of hell of setting apns for boost mobile. The only issue i have really found is that facebook and gallery is listing every image on my phone for apps and under the data amd system folders is there anyway to limit it to scanbjust the external and internal partitions?

TIA

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

If you goto the play store there is an app called xshortcuts it allowed me to do my apns on stock and aosp and such it might help ya troubleshoot

As far as APN just edit the .XML file I have done it with stock and Aosp plenty of times

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer. I am not responsible for anything that happends to you, your phone or dog. Im not responsible for anything that may happen if you flash this rom on your device. Flash at your own risk. First time me modding anything in life. You take full responsibility for your actions and consequences.

ROM DATE 11-12-2016 ANDROID 6.0.1 V4

UPDATED ROM 1/22/17 to V5

1. Darklord N5 modded with N7 apps. July Security patch. Sprint VVM Working and no FC on hangup!!! This rom is Universal for most carriers
    2. Xposed included but not system wide must install files needed thru twrp I will provide the file.
    3. Latest Viper included with adaway and some updated N7 apps.
    4. Debloated as much as i could.
    5. UBER Battery life
    6. Latest VVM For Sprint
    7. Super Smooth no lag
    8. 6x5 Dock with 5x5 page
    9. Hotspot
    10. Themes

DOES NOT INCLUDE A KERNEL!!!!!
    MUST FLASH USING TWRP 2.8.7.0!!!!

I RECOMMEND DARKLORD UX 2.0 hltespr its super smooth i get 15 hours Battery life without powersaving!!! about 40 on max settings 33 on mid. With white color theme. Black out device get up to 85 hours on max power save and 25 hr without power save.

Id like to thank the Darklord for his hard work and for letting me use his rom as a base.
    Thank Audax for his kernel cleaner
    Thank Buzbee for his Apns MNVO
    I personally worked on this for months as you see the base is from july and that was the base i took.

I also included a MM Fix for SD card as some apps have an issue writing to SD you must install xposed to use it.

There will not be any updates for this rom unless i get some help please do not use my work without asking first.

I need someone who can help update the security patches as well as some of the base apps.

MUST USE LATEST BASEBAND AND FIRMWARE FROM SPRINT!!! which is PH1 if not upgrade to it reroot and then flash this rom.

Rom Video Installation Link
    https://youtu.be/A3AbQHEjkRo
    1. Watch Video (if downloaded old rom before V5)
    1A. If downloaded V5 install as any other ROM use XAS or SPR CSC in aroma, reboot into recovery, clean kernel with cleaner, then install kernel of choice, reboot to system, wait 15 min. Profit.
    2. Activate VM activate@vvm.sprint.com
    3. Give thanks or donate thanks for any donations
    4. Enjoy

Note. Regular Message app wont work fully please use Textra or another alternate to the base one as it can send text and receive but cannot send Multimedia text. I recommend Textra Its beautiful and it automatically picks up Sprint APN Settings

PH1 Download
    http://xdaforums.com/note-3-sprint/general/rom-odin-ph1-update-t3463178
    Rom Link below
    New Link 1/22/2017 ALL In One Rolled UP TY @taijidude For This V5!
    https://mega.nz/#!kYgzxZCT!YjDcaNfK4ec-1PNs3glWFU4NHFrNOxdaGVSfiBXjbXA

V5 Changelog

Here are the changes included:
    - updated apns-conf.xml for both SPR and XAS so the network connects
    - updated build.prop to include some Sprint specific configurations

Added
    FlipboardBriefing (I like this app and use it daily... saw where others made comment so added it)
    VVM

Miscellaneous Downloads Section

Kernel Cleaner
    https://mega.nz/#!UMRFia6T!oU0uPaaTEdenkICyEoZZApfHa1-posmfzZFLL-0v8Ms
    MVNO APNS
    https://mega.nz/#!oEAjXLhI!bI1-MVMDOCpELXrRCMmLJ7O_ApK0kCTz-yfKLeCpqA8
    Sprint VVM Version 8.0
    https://mega.nz/#!RAgymRZA!e6kXAcwuL_q5der64E07Z6XPBRfgtky0El9Xr1jPzlE
    3minit flashable by @Sczar Thank you so much for your help (use gravity box to get rid of the regular battery icon) also clear cache after installing the mod
    https://mega.nz/#!0EVg0Cjb!gI_xodtl_MwfUKfkA5f89XIdqIe4W_8Rz7OhSmSVJQI
    *Download Latest Adreno Drivers for 30% Increase in graphics here*
    https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/orig-development/adreno-330-drivers-note-3-t3523915
    Ive gone back and noticed most questions were answered. I liked to thanks those who helped me out while I was gone @jhunt75 @Impala7272 @Jharm @notorious me @12gage and anybody else I missed ty so much. I will work on getting 3minit to those who requested it and will post it in the op as soon as I can. AOD is kernel related I don't think it works with DL kernel because it doesn't work with mine but lss it does I believe but ive noticed 5ghz band is finicky with lss. ive tried 3.8 and it doesn't work on mine. I see its hit or miss. I will also try to get updated apps as well as just a flashable. Until a new rom needs to be developed with updates for the mean time. Please be patient with me as I try to get more help from others and I try to balance working on the rom while maintain 2 jobs a family and sleep... thanks all
    Hey guys here's something I figured out that some of y'all might already know about. I was missing that "open with" opinion when sharing stuff, downloading stuff, browsing and other things...... So if u go to settings→ applications→ 3 dot menu top right→ defaults applications→ default app selection→ and set it to ask before setting. Now it'll say "open with" just once or always. Hope this helps some of u guys out!!

Edit: I reset all my defaults also. I had already had some set and I wanted the option to choose between other apps.
    Hey guys. @taijidude was kind enough to make a "All in one rollup" of the fixes and stuff and put it into the rom. So now you don't have to spend time putting everything in separately. With the exception of activating the vm and adding the adreno drivers. Im going to test as soon as he uploads and I download it and if its good will take down the other links and upload his all in one =). Im going to also try to add 3minit to this version if all pans out so look for the new link soon.
    Uploading 3minit flashable in the op and i will be changing the rom link soon as i will be uploading the V5 soon. 3minit mod was made by @Sczar thank you with your assistance in this i will also give you credit in the OP
    @jhunt75 @12gage