Sprint V50 in Europe?

Search This thread

straightup

Dec 28, 2010
Hey there, if I import Sprint version from Ebay will I be able to use it in Europe without any problems? Because I heard that some problems may occur:

1. It cannot be updated either by OTA, or manually?
2. This is the most concerning problem - I heard there is a problem with the mobile internet(data) that it's not always working, is that true and is it possible to be fixed?
3. If i get the Sprint version is it possible to rebrand it to Global or Korean version?
4. Is there a secure way to remove the Activation notice after each reboot?

Thanks in advance for your asnwers!

Last edited:

prmbasheer

Jun 12, 2013
Saskatoon
Honor 5X
Motorola One Vision
Hey there, if I import Sprint version from Ebay will I be able to use it in Europe without any problems? Because I heard that some problems may occur:

2. This is the most concerning problem - I heard there is a problem with the mobile internet(data) that it's not always working, is that true and is it possible to be fixed?
3. If i get the Sprint version is it possible to rebrand it to Global or Korean version?

1) I bought a sprint unlocked LG V50 5G from Amazon. It was a brand new device with a factory sealed box. I was able to use the device with my local service provider here in Canada. It came with Android 10 out of the box and I was able to update through OTA for Aug 2020 security patch.
2) I am able to make calls, receive calls, send and receive texts and connect to data. I am not able to send and receive MMS. Also the internet speed is not great, could be related to band compatibility. I am not crazy for internet speeds. I am okay as long as it connects to internet. So, I am good here.
3) As far as I know, it is not possible to re-brand it. Might be possible in the future.
4) I have seen threads in XDA which seems to work in removing activation notice. I didn't bother to do it. It doesn't bother me. It occurs only when the device is restarted.

Generally, I find the phone really good and value for money given the low prices.

lallolu

Dec 5, 2009
Huawei Mate 30 Pro

I bought.mine from eBay and I am using it in Sweden. After a few minutes of setting it up the first time, I got a notification to update. I successfully updated by OTA to the August security patch without hiccups.

I was able to remove the sprint activation nonsense at the beginning by uninstalling all sprint apps through adb. One of them uninstalled the LG messaging app. I don't care though since I don't use it.

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lookout
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.coremobility.app.vnotes
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sprint.w.installer
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sprint.ms.cdm
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sprint.zone
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sprint.ecid
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sprint.extension
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sprint.care
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sprint.ce.updater
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.sprintnativewfc.smf
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sprint.ms.smf.services
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.sprintserver
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.lgdmsclientspr

Reactions: rezeve

Anhson1411

Dec 26, 2018
I am using LG v50 Sprint phone in Vietnam. Everything is working properly, there are some junk apps on your phone and you can temporarily remove them with adb.

straightup

Dec 28, 2010
Nice guys! Thank you very much for your help. And do you have any issues with mobile data (LTE mostly) in your countries, because that's one of my biggest concerns.

Wolff07

Jul 3, 2020
Panamá ??
I bought.mine from eBay and I am using it in Sweden. After a few minutes of setting it up the first time, I got a notification to update. I successfully updated by OTA to the August security patch without hiccups.

I was able to remove the sprint activation nonsense at the beginning by uninstalling all sprint apps through adb. One of them uninstalled the LG messaging app. I don't care though since I don't use it.

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.lgdmsclientspr

Hello! Where can I learn how to use adb? I must do this with the LG v50 too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.