• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Spyware?

Search This thread

bumsu

Nov 8, 2011
Hello everyone.
I'm on a Motorola G6 plus, Android 9. There is this function, I am not sure if it's carrier based. Phone numbers that are not in my contacts, that call me or I call myself, often show names. For example, I never called number 555 1234, but when I do, it will say "Irish Harp pub", and usually the names are correct. Recently I called a cab service and it gave me the name for a completely different business (that I researched has a completely different number) and I was quite irritated. I was wondering about that function and if it has a certain name so I can do more research, I was already worried, if there is some sort of spyware on the phone, that listened in to my call, by taking it and then redirecting it to the number I originally dialed, but only after (accidently) showing the actual name of the number it was redirected to first.

Cheers
B.

James_Watson

Feb 10, 2015
okblackcafe.blogspot.com
I don't think it is some spyware. Maybe you have enabled a feature 'Online Yellow Pages'.
In addition to contacts you created, in 'Yellow Pages' there are some contacts maintained by your device manufacturer or your carrier.

Yellow Pages.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Sound like Google malarkey. It's an app doing it.
It seems to have a lot of permissions...
One of the reasons I disabled all carrier bloatware except messages on my AT&T 10+

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think it is some spyware. Maybe you have enabled a feature 'Online Yellow Pages'.
    In addition to contacts you created, in 'Yellow Pages' there are some contacts maintained by your device manufacturer or your carrier.

Yellow Pages.jpg