[STABLE] [12.0] Official Pixel Experience 12 - OnePlus 5 & 5T [DUMPLING + CHEESEBURGER]

Search This thread

xLexip

PE12-Clean.png

Long time no see: The August Update is out now!​

Download, Changelog, Release Notes and Guides

Learn more at lexip.dev/pe!​

Please use the Telegram Group for problems and questions instead of this thread.

NC1071

Aug 15, 2022
Rapid battery discharge issue - follow up from previous post 475.

Starting about Aug 15, I began experiencing an abnormal battery drain. A full charge was lasting about 4-6 hours where normal was about 24-36 hours. The culprit, according to battery usage was Google Play Services. Clearing cache and data for this app and Google Play Store did not change anything.

I had been running the June build for 2 months with no issues till this problem occurred. I had not added any new apps or made any major changes in usage which would account for this.

I had the same issue on a previous build but the next day a new build was available and after installing it (dirty), problem was gone.

A few days ago I did a wipe (data, cache, dalvik) and reflashed the June build over itself. I restored settings and apps from a Google backup (done just before the wipe). Unfortunately the problem with rapid battery drain still persisted.

I installed the new August build on Tuesday via flashing in TWRP (actually via the updater script) and in the 4 days since then, my battery drain has returned to normal (24-36 hours) - hurray!!

So now I am left wondering what caused this. Considering the above events, I am left with the following conclusions (unproven of course):
- after a month or more on the same PE build, battery drain becomes abnormal
- reflashing the same build over itself DOES NOT rebuild/replace the software that is causing the problem
- flashing a newer build DOES rebuild/replace the software that is causing the problem

Should this problem reoccur again, I plan to do the following to prove/disprove my conclusions:
- flash the previous build
- after booting, flash the current build, restore and see how battery behaves

Posting this primarily for info sharing, however any questions or insights are welcome.

waldokhalid

Feb 28, 2020
Cannot not see my files on TWRP. It says storage is 0mb. Current file system is Ext4.

Should I repair or Change the file system? What option should I chose?

habibun

Sep 4, 2022
i installed this rom successfully. everything works but call not working, i tried every possible combination using setting in network, is there anyone facing this issue

redone13

Jul 2, 2012
Rapid battery discharge issue - follow up from previous post 475.

Starting about Aug 15, I began experiencing an abnormal battery drain. A full charge was lasting about 4-6 hours where normal was about 24-36 hours. The culprit, according to battery usage was Google Play Services. Clearing cache and data for this app and Google Play Store did not change anything.

I had been running the June build for 2 months with no issues till this problem occurred. I had not added any new apps or made any major changes in usage which would account for this.

I had the same issue on a previous build but the next day a new build was available and after installing it (dirty), problem was gone.

A few days ago I did a wipe (data, cache, dalvik) and reflashed the June build over itself. I restored settings and apps from a Google backup (done just before the wipe). Unfortunately the problem with rapid battery drain still persisted.

I installed the new August build on Tuesday via flashing in TWRP (actually via the updater script) and in the 4 days since then, my battery drain has returned to normal (24-36 hours) - hurray!!

So now I am left wondering what caused this. Considering the above events, I am left with the following conclusions (unproven of course):
- after a month or more on the same PE build, battery drain becomes abnormal
- reflashing the same build over itself DOES NOT rebuild/replace the software that is causing the problem
- flashing a newer build DOES rebuild/replace the software that is causing the problem

Should this problem reoccur again, I plan to do the following to prove/disprove my conclusions:
- flash the previous build
- after booting, flash the current build, restore and see how battery behaves

Posting this primarily for info sharing, however any questions or insights are welcome.
I had a similar experience. I installed the version before the 6/14 and was amazed, but when I installed the 6/14 version, I noticed the battery life immediately worsen. I had also put a new battery (best replacement BLP637 I think out right now by Polarcell), so I attributed it to the battery because every replacement I've had was a disappointment (they would either drop like a rock after 15%, stay around 80-90% then drop off like a rock, shut off at 6%, etc.).

Now that you mentioned it, I decided to update to the 8/22 version, and can say that the battery performance has been restored.

pkatsaras

Feb 28, 2011
Piraeus
I was in OOS 10 until I decided to move to a custom ROM and I chose this one. Until now 5 days that I am using it, I think it is a perfect alternative if you get used some minor things such as gestures and double tap to sleep. Also, I think that the battery is draining a little faster in comparison with OOS but I will give it a little more time to settle. What I would like to know is if it is possible to install OnePlus Launcher somehow. Great job!

Reactions: xLexip

xLexip

I was in OOS 10 until I decided to move to a custom ROM and I chose this one. Until now 5 days that I am using it, I think it is a perfect alternative if you get used some minor things such as gestures and double tap to sleep. Also, I think that the battery is draining a little faster in comparison with OOS but I will give it a little more time to settle. What I would like to know is if it is possible to install OnePlus Launcher somehow. Great job!
Afaik, you can install the OnePlus launcher but only old(er) versions of it. I highly recommend getting used to the pixel launcher with it's built in search, AI functionality, Google news and the at a glace widget.

navix2017

Jun 25, 2017
Previously , in pixel experience. It used to show charging rapidly when I connect my charger.After update it's showing only charging.though it charges fast.Buy sometimes goes automatically to "charging slowly".And it charges really slowly.I tried with two of my original chargers. Still same problem. Any fix ?

pkatsaras

Feb 28, 2011
Piraeus
I installed the Better Battery Stats and noticed that although in summary the phone is getting in deep sleep however in CPU states the phone when idle stays in 300MHz instead of deep sleep. That result in extreme battery drain, phone can be from 100% to 25% in 4-5 hours with medium use. Is there anything I can do with Franco Kernel Manager to get Deep Sleep?

Sep 10, 2022
I am having battery drain issues, and there is a fix in the following thread (summary is in first post):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ry-drain-due-to-google-play-services.4406617/

But I read in the thread that applying the fix might result in missing notifications and lack of sync for Google services. Anyone had issues with the fix?

Towards the end of the thread, they mention that spoofing GMS (or sth like that) causes the issue. Could this also be fixed in the ROM itself?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts