[Stable]AIO for NB1[Mod Kernel+Magisk+More][8/11/20]

Search This thread

Bgirka13

Oct 26, 2020
Hi OneWayGamer, and many thanks for your fantastic work :)
I've got some questions, as I'm about to try it on my stock Nokia 8 :
1) Is it better to factory reset the phone before installing your mod ?
2) Do I have to flash your mod again after a factory reset ?
3) After flashing, is there anything more to do to use the modded kernel ?
4) Do I then need to update OpenGL and Vulkan drivers or are they already included ?
Sorry if that's silly questions, and thanks in advance for your help :)

OneWayGamer

Mar 31, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S5
Nokia 8
Hi OneWayGamer, and many thanks for your fantastic work :)
I've got some questions, as I'm about to try it on my stock Nokia 8 :
1) Is it better to factory reset the phone before installing your mod ?
2) Do I have to flash your mod again after a factory reset ?
3) After flashing, is there anything more to do to use the modded kernel ?
4) Do I then need to update OpenGL and Vulkan drivers or are they already included ?
Sorry if that's silly questions, and thanks in advance for your help :)
Factory reset isn't required. But it's recommended to install the custom firmware that I've linked. If you only wipe data then you don't need to flash the boot image again. You can use kernel managers to tweak the system to your taste. GPU drivers aren't included, install them separately. Also, A last update is coming soon for the non-treble version. LineageOS is just around the corner and we'll continue with Treble images rather than non-treble images

Last edited:

rashazad

Mar 3, 2011
Nokia 8
@OneWayGamer so you mean we should revert back to stock first, or we would have weird bugs? We are already on stock...
I cant remember seeing that part in the instructions before.

rashazad

Mar 3, 2011
Nokia 8
Not stock but a slightly modified firmware. I've attached it
I can see a link to firmware for reverting back from t-virus, which you are telling should be installed. And of course the link for the boot image. So here comes the question that I'm on 5.15G (sp3). Do I need to install that firmware? That seems a bit confusing. I think some more "if"s in your instruction could solve the misunderstanding.

Bgirka13

Oct 26, 2020
I can see a link to firmware for reverting back from t-virus, which you are telling should be installed. And of course the link for the boot image. So here comes the question that I'm on 5.15G (sp3). Do I need to install that firmware? That seems a bit confusing. I think some more "if"s in your instruction could solve the misunderstanding.

I think you still need to install this firmware :) The text refering to t-virus isn't related to OneWayGamer instructions, but I understand it can be quite confusing.

rashazad

Mar 3, 2011
Nokia 8
I think you still need to install this firmware :) The text refering to t-virus isn't related to OneWayGamer instructions, but I understand it can be quite confusing.
I assume it is like this:

Works on all security patches for 00WW_5_15G. If you are on a GSI powered by treble, then:
- Make Sure to use (flash) this Firmware First! (Or you'll have weird bugs)(Flash this using NOST) Firmware Link
- Make sure to be on (update to) Build 00WW_5_15G_XXXX before installing this!

Bgirka13

Oct 26, 2020
Hello guys, just to let you know, got through the whole process (flashed custom firmware, boot image and drivers) but at first boot the setup assistant forced me to download a new firmware, build number 00WW_5_16A.
I've never seen this build before, until now my build number was 00WW_5_15G.
I then reapplied modded boot image and drivers, wiped data, no problems so far.

OneWayGamer

Mar 31, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S5
Nokia 8
Hello guys, just to let you know, got through the whole process (flashed custom firmware, boot image and drivers) but at first boot the setup assistant forced me to download a new firmware, build number 00WW_5_16A.
I've never seen this build before, until now my build number was 00WW_5_15G.
I then reapplied modded boot image and drivers, wiped data, no problems so far.
Then it means that the boot image is working with newer versions as well! I'll still look into it for bugs

sdbadshah

Dec 6, 2018
ERROR

AIO for NB1
Here's all the good stuff that works and gives a new life to NB1

Check 3rd post for more info+updates

Ultima Boot Image+Umbrella Mod Kernel for NB1[V10]

Ultima Script for NB1(Maximum efficiency)

Recommended Kernel Manager: https://github.com/SmartPack/SmartPack-Kernel-Manager/releases

Laxxed Thermal is currently being worked on

Join our telegram group for latest updates!
https://t.me/HMD_Nokia_8
When ever I tried to boot the img cmd give me the error couldnot parse partition size 0x

sdbadshah

Dec 6, 2018
AIO for NB1
Here's all the good stuff that works and gives a new life to NB1

Check 3rd post for more info+updates

Ultima Boot Image+Umbrella Mod Kernel for NB1[V10]

Ultima Script for NB1(Maximum efficiency)
\

Recommended Kernel Manager: https://github.com/SmartPack/SmartPack-Kernel-Manager/releases

Laxxed Thermal is currently being worked on

Join our telegram group for latest updates!
https://t.me/HMD_Nokia_8
So Finally I have Installed Kernal But Now How Can I Install Script without root beacuse i dont want root

Bgirka13

Oct 26, 2020
You don't have to "truly" root your device, just install Magisk Manager and the Kernel Manager recommended by OneWayGamer, this way you'll be able to run the script as root (it's required).

rashazad

Mar 3, 2011
Nokia 8
I just used T-virus before, but there were always problems, Volte, bluetooth did not work, and now I think if I put it now, will these problems be ???
If you are not using a treble rom or GSI, you should not use treble version here.
T-virus and stuff around it (like this image and lineageOS), are works in progress and problems are inevitable parts of them. Do not use them if you don't know how to debug weird behaviors.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you update emufan4568 's new TWRP version? he has updated to a 3.4.0.0 version for the non-treble rom. Thank you so much.
    You can install this and then install the newer TWRP. It'll work fine. I don't have access to non-treble system as of now :p
    Just a question from me. I'm running stock ROM and I needed root and a kernel that supported KCAL colour adjustment. So I installed this boot image and, everything works fine, I'm able to update Magisk to the latest version no trouble. Thanks.

But one thing that bothers me, the battery consumption seems a bit high and the phone is getting hot to touch whilst watching videos and playing games. I look at the CPU frequencies in my kernel manager and I see that it's almost entirely using maximum frequency on both the small and large clusters... So it doesn't seem too efficient. I tried the other 2 governors (pwrutilx and blu_schedutil) as well and it seems to be the same.

I notice the kernel version (v4.4.246 from December) is outdated now compared to the newest releases of Umbrella-mod on GitHub and one of the later fixes mentions "Fixed CPU always clocking to max frequency" so perhaps this will help, are these newer versions of Umbrella kernel still compatible with non-Treble stock ROM, can I just boot into TWRP and flash it straight over?
    Ah welp, unfortunately the kernel fixes work best with the new power hals found in the latest rom releases(crDroid and HavocOS) for now. These things are still under testing so they aren't released to the public yet. Although, they're mostly useable with not too many bugs. I'd recommend you check out the tester group found in the HavocOS thread. Let the phone breathe some fresh air 😁. We've also made very simplified rom flashing instructions. See you there 👍