[Stable]AIO for NB1[Mod Kernel+Magisk+More][8/11/20]

Search This thread

OneWayGamer

Mar 31, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S5
Nokia 8
New and (last?) Update for non-treble version of AIO is here. All bugs are fixed! Check Changelog for full list of changes. I'll soon start working on AIO 2.0 for Treble enabled systems. Until then, Enjoy!

dongvatm

Feb 16, 2020
Ha Noi
AIO for NB1

This is a joint project that gives the Nokia 8 on stock rom a new life

Check 3rd post for more info+updates
Update:The Last Update for Non-Treble version has been released with all bug fixes, Now I'll focus on Treble version of AIO. Non-Treble will no longer be updated.

Ultima Boot Image+Umbrella Mod Kernel for NB1[V11]

Ultima Script for NB1(Maximum efficiency)

Recommended Kernel Manager: https://github.com/SmartPack/SmartPack-Kernel-Manager/releases

Laxxed Thermal is currently being worked on It'll be uploaded under new thread

Join our telegram group for latest updates!
https://t.me/HMD_Nokia_8

Can you update emufan4568 's new TWRP version? he has updated to a 3.4.0.0 version for the non-treble rom. Thank you so much.

OneWayGamer

Mar 31, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S5
Nokia 8
Can you update emufan4568 's new TWRP version? he has updated to a 3.4.0.0 version for the non-treble rom. Thank you so much.
You can install this and then install the newer TWRP. It'll work fine. I don't have access to non-treble system as of now :p

• Haha
Reactions: dongvatm

edegg

Sep 18, 2015
Moscow
OneWayGamer, can you reconstruct stock boot with only one feature - supporting ttl change? Ultima V12 is not good enough for stable work... unfortunately

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
Just a question from me. I'm running stock ROM and I needed root and a kernel that supported KCAL colour adjustment. So I installed this boot image and, everything works fine, I'm able to update Magisk to the latest version no trouble. Thanks.

But one thing that bothers me, the battery consumption seems a bit high and the phone is getting hot to touch whilst watching videos and playing games. I look at the CPU frequencies in my kernel manager and I see that it's almost entirely using maximum frequency on both the small and large clusters... So it doesn't seem too efficient. I tried the other 2 governors (pwrutilx and blu_schedutil) as well and it seems to be the same.

I notice the kernel version (v4.4.246 from December) is outdated now compared to the newest releases of Umbrella-mod on GitHub and one of the later fixes mentions "Fixed CPU always clocking to max frequency" so perhaps this will help, are these newer versions of Umbrella kernel still compatible with non-Treble stock ROM, can I just boot into TWRP and flash it straight over?

Last edited:

OneWayGamer

Mar 31, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S5
Nokia 8
Just a question from me. I'm running stock ROM and I needed root and a kernel that supported KCAL colour adjustment. So I installed this boot image and, everything works fine, I'm able to update Magisk to the latest version no trouble. Thanks.

But one thing that bothers me, the battery consumption seems a bit high and the phone is getting hot to touch whilst watching videos and playing games. I look at the CPU frequencies in my kernel manager and I see that it's almost entirely using maximum frequency on both the small and large clusters... So it doesn't seem too efficient. I tried the other 2 governors (pwrutilx and blu_schedutil) as well and it seems to be the same.

I notice the kernel version (v4.4.246 from December) is outdated now compared to the newest releases of Umbrella-mod on GitHub and one of the later fixes mentions "Fixed CPU always clocking to max frequency" so perhaps this will help, are these newer versions of Umbrella kernel still compatible with non-Treble stock ROM, can I just boot into TWRP and flash it straight over?
Ah welp, unfortunately the kernel fixes work best with the new power hals found in the latest rom releases(crDroid and HavocOS) for now. These things are still under testing so they aren't released to the public yet. Although, they're mostly useable with not too many bugs. I'd recommend you check out the tester group found in the HavocOS thread. Let the phone breathe some fresh air 😁. We've also made very simplified rom flashing instructions. See you there 👍

Reactions: P650SE

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
Ah welp, unfortunately the kernel fixes work best with the new power hals found in the latest rom releases(crDroid and HavocOS) for now. These things are still under testing so they aren't released to the public yet. Although, they're mostly useable with not too many bugs. I'd recommend you check out the tester group found in the HavocOS thread. Let the phone breathe some fresh air 😁. We've also made very simplified rom flashing instructions. See you there 👍

Yeah, I actually tried running the phone on the custom ROMs as soon as I unlocked the bootloader, but the reason I switched back to the stock ROM is because I had troubles with encryption. In HavocOS I could not get encryption to work at all, and in crDroid it did work but I was getting random bootloops/instability and also, TWRP and OrangeFox recovery could not decrypt the data partition.

On stock everything to do with encryption and TWRP is perfect, but it has these downsides I mentioned with the CPU frequencies constantly running at maximum and resulting battery life. For now I have underclocked the CPU cores but it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference honestly.

I hope that encryption can become a lot more stable on the custom ROMs in future.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can install this and then install the newer TWRP. It'll work fine. I don't have access to non-treble system as of now :p